Replies

• 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I'm not sure what NSV is though :ohwell:
    Nevermind; I found it :tongue:
  • Kerrydor
    Options
    Yes you are awesome! Keep up the good work! You can do anything you set your mind to, remember that!
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    cwolfman13
    Thanks again everyone...I feel like such a dork...I'm walking around with my little piece of paper showing everyone in my office. I'm a nerd.
    I had this same NSV in December ... it actually was probably even a bit worse off than you, because I was not only hypertensive with high cholesterol, but also borderline type II diabetic and now I am clearly non-diabetic at all. My doc calls me a "diabetic in remission".

My doc has gone from writing me prescriptions that I refused to fill to putting me on her every 6 month check up list. She can't believe I stuck with it for 6 months since the vast majority of her patients never even start in the first place. She has placed the prescriptions on hold for now, pending my next 6 month check-in. :-)

That said, I totally relate to you .... I have my two sets of blood work papers tacked to the wall in my office where I see them every day. Totally motivates me .... do something like that yourself and don't worry about being a dork!

Many congratulations on the best sort of NSV, the one that tells you that you will be healthy and have a long, happy, active life!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13
    Thanks again everyone...I feel like such a dork...I'm walking around with my little piece of paper showing everyone in my office. I'm a nerd.
    I had this same NSV in December ... it actually was probably even a bit worse off than you, because I was not only hypertensive with high cholesterol, but also borderline type II diabetic and now I am clearly non-diabetic at all. My doc calls me a "diabetic in remission".

My doc has gone from writing me prescriptions that I refused to fill to putting me on her every 6 month check up list. She can't believe I stuck with it for 6 months since the vast majority of her patients never even start in the first place. She has placed the prescriptions on hold for now, pending my next 6 month check-in. :-)

That said, I totally relate to you .... I have my two sets of blood work papers tacked to the wall in my office where I see them every day. Totally motivates me .... do something like that yourself and don't worry about being a dork!

Many congratulations on the best sort of NSV, the one that tells you that you will be healthy and have a long, happy, active life!

Doesn't it just make you want to...

cutest-harlem-shake-father-son-version.gif
  • scottjohnsonbcc
    scottjohnsonbcc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Way cool - I can empathize to a degree.. My TG were never quite that high, but finally have them down in the 70s-80s at last year's physical...from being in the 250-280 range always in previous ~14 years. hoping that I've been able to maintain them for a year when I go back in soon.

I've never been successful at doing anything to raise my HDL though at least not significantly. I always seem to be stuck between 29-35 for the past 14 years... Amazing you got yours up 13 points in a few months... jealous there... I've always assumed at this point it must just be genes, though my parents don't have the same issue.... so not sure... Normally execise ~5x/week, eat "mostly" good at this point and am at GW...

Oh well - congrats on your accomplishment - I understand the excitement!
  • lkcostello
    lkcostello Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Great work!

FWIW, as you work out more and eat better, your HDL will continue to climb. It can make you think that your overall cholesterol is high. My HDL is 67. It is almost impossible for my cholesterol to be below 200.

Fantastic TG numbers.

Keep on keepin' on, bro!

Congrats to you and to all on the fitness journey!

I have never heard that correlation before. I have been on meds for years trying to get to overall chol down below 200 but my HDLs are always in the 60's. I've never had a doctor really concerned about it because all my other numbers are good. LDL's could be lower, but I'm working on it.

***BTW: Congrats Wolfman on a great result. That really shows the hard work you have put into it. Keep it up!! :drinker:
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    Congratulations! That is absolutely phenomenal!
    The health rewards associated with living a healthier lifestyle are absolutely priceless!!
    Keep up the phenomenal work!
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    What is all that and is it really important?
    So I got into this whole thing because of some health concerns and really bad blood work back in October...losing weight and looking better and feeling better is awesome...but my real goals are my health.

So I returned to the doctor yesterday to go over my first round of blood work since October 15. I'll preface this by saying, I was not optimistic in the least. I've actually been feeling kind of down lately...despite all of my efforts, my hypertension has not improved in the least and the doc put me on a beta blocker in addition to my other BP meds a couple of weeks ago. To boot, I've been in somewhat of a plateau on the scale the last couple of weeks. Well, here's how it turned out:

Cholesterol Serum - Oct 15: (240)....Feb 14: (211)...still high but much improved

Triglycerides - Oct 15: (463)...Feb 14: (135)...Holy Smokes!....and I'm below the requisite 150

HDL - Oct 15: (30)...Feb 14: (43)...Movin' on up

LDL - Oct 15: ( ????)...Feb 14: ( 141)... immeasurably due to triglycerides...now high, but falling.

Anyway...I am pumped. In celebration of my much improved blood work, I treated myself to some squats, bench, and deadlifts. Next round will be in 6 months or so...what a difference 4 months makes. Thanks MFP and thanks 40/30/30.

Hell to the yeah!!!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    THIS IS GREAT!! CONGRATS!! I needed to smile today!
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work:)
  • lynnw24
    lynnw24 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Now imagine what the numbers will be when you go back to the Dr!!! Congrats on your success!!
  • cmotting
    cmotting Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is stellar! :)
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    WOW! Those are huge improvements in your numbers! OMG......you should be so proud of yourself. I am starting this journey mainly because of my cholesterol and other numbers, too (Dad and Gpa have both had multiple heart attacks)......and i know mine have no doubt improved, but i am holding off going back to the Dr.....scared that all the hard work has been for nothing.....

but wow - - - good for you! that is great motivation to keep doing what you're doing!
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! What an amazing accomplishment!!! This is the real reason all of us are on this journey together!!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I just got my lipid panel done last week. I had pretty excellent scores across the board but I was most impressed that my triglycerides were at 55! It was almost off the bottom of the scale!

Having said that, I wonder how yours were so high initially. 463 seems crazy, how were you even alive still?

Wish I had done a panel before I started losing weight, I never got a baseline. Curious what I must have started at...probably around your level or higher I'm guessing.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    to OP: TOTALLY F****NG ROCK!!!

and that is why I started this journey in the first place, the kick *kitten* bod is a byproduct :drinker:
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hell to the yeah!!!

OHH....YA!
  • JustMyImagiNAYtion
    Options
    awesome! and soooo good for your body and overall health! yay!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Fricken FABULOUS!

Way to go YOU!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!