C25K buddies wanted!

Options

Replies

• bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k

way for people new to (or long time away from) running to start running again with a short term goal of getting you ready to run a 5k in 8 - 9 weeks.

Basic idea is run a little, walk a little until you get to longer and longer stretches of running and shorter and shorter stretches of walking until you can run 30 minutes without walking.
  • singlenewmom
    Options
    I just started :) I want to run a 5k before the end of summer! Feel free to add me :)
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • muziclver
    muziclver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 1 Day 1 TODAY!!! Woohoo! I'm so pumped. I'm training for the Color Run that's coming here in October. Great motivation for me (:
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I should be starting it up tomorrow if anyone wants to add and laugh at me.
  • taffies
    taffies Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I was not a runner when I started and completed the C25K last year and completed some 5K races, I followed that with the 10K and did the same completed a few races here and there. In December of last year I did the 13.1 for pink by Zen labs ap and in March I completed my first half marathon. The applications are great and have greatly helped me in my weight loss journey!
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    Well tomorrow (If I get out of my bed on time) I will see if I can complete W6D3...long slog for a 25minute jog on the treadmill...what else can I ask for before I go into work......yikes....
  • JohnDun
    Options
    Well thats W7D1 out of the way...only 8 more days of C25k...does not sound like a lot....really was so pleased with myself this morning......
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Just repeated W5D1 because I was nervous about the 8 minute stint on day 2... for curiosity's sake I keept running after my last 5 minute interval and made it to 10 minutes!!!!! I'm so proud of myself, I should have just done day 2! Day 2 on Saturday :))))
  • bryionak
    Options
    Great job higher vibes. Just completed Week 5 Day 2 tonight.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Great job higher vibes. Just completed Week 5 Day 2 tonight.

Awesome!!! How do you feel about D3? I feel silly for worrying about D2 in hindsight of last night's run but D3 is VERY scary. I was purple and about 1000 degrees after the 10 minute experiment I did on my last interval yesterday lol
  • bryionak
    Options
    I ran for 15 minutes to start week 4 day 3. I was running with some guys from church who can do 10 milers easy. I am going to run with them again this Sunday and am confident I can do it. I think now it is just breaking through the mental barriers. We will see.
  • JohnDun
    Options

Awesome!!! How do you feel about D3? I feel silly for worrying about D2 in hindsight of last night's run but D3 is VERY scary. I was purple and about 1000 degrees after the 10 minute experiment I did on my last interval yesterday lol

Well done Higher....you see you can do it...now just get on with the job at hand....get that Day completed..... ;-)
  • ShortNBratty82
    ShortNBratty82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did the c25k, it was a great starting point for me. I am currently trying to get in 10-15 miles a week. I am going to start training for a half marathon in June. Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • bryionak
    Options
    Completed week 5 this morning. I ran for 22 minutes, 1.8 miles. Legs have been sore all day, especially my thighs/hamstrings.
  • JohnDun
    Options
    Completed week 5 this morning. I ran for 22 minutes, 1.8 miles. Legs have been sore all day, especially my thighs/hamstrings.

Well done....I try and go into the pool after the C25K stuff if possible...nice relaxing just sitting doing near enough nothing.....

I have W7D3 tomorrow.....cant wait until that is done...then its only 6 more C25Ks to complete the whole thing.....
  • bryionak
    Options
    Completed week 6 Day 1 last night. Feeling good today, although used a little ice on the knee afterwards.
  • jsingley899
    jsingley899 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started c25k and I finished week one day 2. New at all this, so it would be great to make some friends doing this to. Feel free to add me if you like, maybe we can keep each other motivated! :)
  • I did W1 D1 on Monday, but my schedule this week has been hectic. Will do D2 tomorrow and D3 on Saturday.
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Running my 1st 5k of 2013 on May 11th :)