Replies

• bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i'd do him, i mean, it
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Would it affect your relationship with your sister? That would be the only thing I'd take into consideration.

^^What she said! This is what matters because of course the friend is gonna be in your sisters ear as soon as she finds out. I still say its fair game just let your sister know so its not a shock to her when her friend comes crying.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    You could always ask her. It might make you feel better if you finally start dating him.
    But if you two aren't friends, I wouldn't even bother. Go for it.
  • Rjsmith07
    Rjsmith07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    "Girl code" doesn't exist... girls are manipulative and wouldn't think twice before taking him from you.... JUST SAYING
    Go for it bc more than likely your sister and her prob won't stay friends forever. You worry about you and thats that.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    she's just an acquaintance. who cares if she's close to a relative if she isnt close to you. he's fair game.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    girl code = your friend, your family no coworker. No further - and sometimes even THOSE lines are sketchy.

If he is a friend of a friend of a friend, then chase him!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    There's a girl code?
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Feel free to hunt this man down and claim his as your own.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    She's not YOUR friend. I say he's fair game....

^^^^ This, not your friend, fair game
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Fair game...and good luck!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    how much do you like him? if they broke up it usually means that he isnt that great.. also if he KNOWS that you know her he may be using you to make her jealous.. (believe me guys do this all the time even if you dont want to believe it) so just be careful if you answer back i can give u a good answer... because there is not much to go by here... :)

I disagree. Just because they broke up doesn't mean he isn't that great. Seriously, unless you've never dated someone who has dated other people, then you are dating someone who has had a relationship broken up for one reason or another.

I don't see any violation of girl code, the girl he used to date is too far removed from you as a friend.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hypothetically:

You are talking to a guy who you really like, but are worried that it may violate "girl code." This guy used to date a girl you are acquainted with. The girl is good friends with your sister, but she is not your friend and you don't talk. However, you met the guy when THEY were dating so you don't want to step on her toes seeing as she is close to a family member. Would you call it off in the name of girl code, or just do what you want seeing as she isn't your friend?

Thanks.

Well, I have been in that situation. Met a guy when we were both in relationships. We met up by chance when he was separated and I was single. It got back to his ex-partner (who had left him) that we had made out and she proceeded to blast me on the interwebs and via email for being a vacuous wh*Re and an enemy to all womenkind (as you do?!).
    I decided to back away from that crazy situation. They had a stab at getting back together (which I thought was quite sweet) but it (unsurprisingly) didn't work out.

His ex isn't your friend so I would say go for it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I wasn't even aware there's a girl code. But re: the situation...I don't believe there's a one-size-fits-all rule. Instead, I'd review the facts of each situation and then make a judgement call. In this case, without additional information? I'd probably go for it. :)
    There is a girl code? I thought it was every chick for herself?
    there most certainly is a girl code. unfortunately it is mostly not talked about, kinda like how your wife never tells you when she's angry but just expected you to know why she was and sulks or complains about other stuff, or to her friends/mom/sister and just basically expects you to read her mind. well it's like that with girl code, there are definite rules that most people know on some level hence OP's original question but then the mind reading goes into effect resulting in hurt feelings, manipulative b.s., whispering behind people's backs, and sometimes catfights. For this reason and because OP is on my friends list I want none of these things to happen to her and suggest the straight up route. The girl would HAVE to tell her she is still pining for the guy to make it not okay at that point and who in her right mind would admit to that. No one. Leaving OP free to ride that cowboy.
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    I'd say he is fair game. She's not your friend BUT I would talk to your sister first to make sure she (your sis) wouldn't be upset by it. Family is more important than a dude that you don't really know well yet....
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Wait, you aren't supposed to date anyone that anyone you know dated? ..............

............. You must not be from a small town lol.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    sorry, are we 12?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I didnt know there was a code, but I always get left out on the rules. Eh, alls fair in love and war.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My best friend's sister is currently dating and living with my ex. He and I were together eons ago for 2 years and things ended really badly, which is about the only thing that makes it a little awkward when I see him at fam gatherings. Also, though my bff's sister and I never really interacted with one another she still sought me out to see if I was cool with it when they first started dating. But I think this is because her sister and I have been friends for 16 years so I've been around a long time. It was unnecessary but cool of her to do so.

I say go for it.
  • LuckyMiss3
    Options
    Sounds fair!! Go for it.
  • kimby303
    kimby303 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't run in to each other at recess, it's okay.

LOL, good one.