Bacon (to eat or not to eat)

Replies

• As long as you haven't had a heart attack and you aren't going over your calorie goals for the day. No, it wont. Don't eat too much, though. It is a greasy food.

Personally I stay away from it when I have the choice. The best way to stay within or under moderation is to do your best to not have too many. that can make you lose motivation.

The occasional slip will not affect your goals or weight loss. I underline occasional because the amount of calories in a few strips of bacon isn't even enough to think about in terms of pounds of fat added assuming you're eating with a calorie surplus.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    You can eat big slices of belly pork if it fits your macros
  • Eat it as often as humanly possible. Everything is better with bacon.

This.

In all seriousness, though, no. Really. Eat bacon if you enjoy bacon. Just keep an eye on your calories and macros, and how you feel. If it makes you feel crappy, don't eat it...if you can't stay under your goals when you eat it, don't eat it...otherwise, you'll be fine.

Edited to fix a typo.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    I didn't know pork was red meat! I have so much to learn about eating healthy.
    There's nothing unhealthy about red meat in moderation.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Why is this even a question? MMMMMM bacon
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    One of my biggest regrets in my weight loss was denying myself bacon. Hubby would sit down and have two or three pieces of bacon while I drooled and had my egg and toast.:noway: I finally felt close enough to goal to log it and was surprised at how low calorie and sodium it really was. Now, I consider bacon a low calorie meat. Enjoy it! :drinker:
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    I have bacon, probably, five times a week.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    center cut bacon has the same calories as turkey bacon, a bit more fat/ Look for "center cut"

I eat this. Black Label Center Cut bacon. 2 slices for 70 calories. I eat it pretty much every single day.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    i dont understand the original post.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    I'm glad i don't really even like bacon!... But unless your a really strict bodybuilder or something, i dont think you need to give it up, unless you want to or it makes you go over your calories.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member

I just wanted to know if I should give up bacon forever in order to be healthy. The wonderful people before me said that I can have bacon in moderation.
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    I love bacon. It has helped me to get the much needed fats and protein that I need to keep healthy. And paired with eggs it has been the perfect breakfast for me. It hasn't slowed my weight loss at all. There is some sodium in it but out of the 2500 we need daily it is only 130 per piece and that is NOT the low sodium brand.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member

I just wanted to know if I should give up bacon forever in order to be healthy. The wonderful people before me said that I can have bacon in moderation.

He was being sarcastic. Bacon is an amazing health food. You might as well asked if apples were healthy.
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    34023748_7529.jpg
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Pork is not a red meat. It is a lower calorie white meat.
  • rachelabdy
    rachelabdy Posts: 52 Member
    only if you want to torture yourself!
    Bacon goes with everythring and I probably have it 1-2 times a week - even if it's in small pieces with a chicken pasta or something.
    And with the rind on - fryed till it's completely crispy.
    YUM!
  • He was being sarcastic. Bacon is an amazing health food. You might as well asked if apples were healthy
    Actually, considering how much fructose a modern apple contains, you probably are better off skipping the apple and eating a slice of bacon and getting all the great healthy fat it contains.
  • zanAspera
    zanAspera Posts: 29 Member
    I was going to say I thought pork wasn't the white meat, but it was the OTHER white meat.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    oh my. we've got a lot of bacon lovers in here.
    somehow I'm now one of them, never got the appeal them. Potatoes neither. (trust me, I've tried them, they just don't do it for me)
    More for you guys! :tongue:
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    I was going to say I thought pork wasn't the white meat, but it was the OTHER white meat.

I thought it was the OTHER white meat also but someone on here said it was red meat and someone else said it wasn't. I'm still gonna eat it either way.