What's the worst part of your job?

Options

Replies

• ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Downtime. Hate hate hate downtime. I'd rather be slammed with work.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Not having one. *shakes fists*
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    the worst part of about my job is having to deal day in and out with people that "want" to work, but when you call them to go to work, they have every reason why they can't.
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I work from home and it's pretty redundant. Not what it's cracked up to be. I wish I could look fwd to going home...lol
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    That people think that you can be an @$$hole to me and get your requests processed immediately (they OBVIOUSLY don't understand that my office has a 48 hour request turn-around time).

That I am doing the work of managers, only being paid as a supervisor, and having been told that I will NEVER be promoted to manager? That's a biter, too.

There are more, but that would probably be the top two right there, and they come in neck and neck.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I am a manager at McDonalds....so everything is the worst part. Haha.

But for reals, dealing with the public. For someone who loathes everyone as much as I do, I'm surprised I've lasted this long without cutting someone.

Mickey D's has the BEST fries IMHO.

Having to actually GET UP is really a bummer, along with the half hour drive to get here, but otherwise, it's all good.

I make the money to buy the gas to go to work to make the money to buy the gas to go to work to make the money...hey, wait a minute....
  • FabFran33
    Options
    Sitting at a desk for 8 hours every day.

↑↑↑↑ This!
  • AlohaKeAkua
    Options
    I used to live in Hawaii and moved to PA over the summer. I'm a teacher and didn't renew my contract so I could move. Now, I sub while I wait for another contract to open up here. It's a job, but it's sooooo hard!!! I went from respect in my own classroom, to being in a different school, different class and not knowing if I'll get a job everyday. It's a blessing to have income, but this has been so hard getting my foot in the door in a new district. Worst part: disrespectful kids!!!!
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Break area, we currently have a lunch bandit and they like to eat peoples half eaten food :grumble:

^Thia; we have a lunch bandit too AND to top that off our sink has been backed up / clogged for at least 3 weeks they come they snake it out and it clogs back up with water ... UGGGH People don't seem to get there is no garbage disposal and keep dumping bits of food down the sink!!!!:grumble:
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Closet poopers. I work in the basement of a 9 story building. Women are afraid to poop in public. So they all come to the basement to take care of business. :sick:

Yikes! We have one in my office who is definitely the opposite of that. She poops LOUD and PROUD and sometimes two or three times a day. She also farts (very smelly) at her desk. Luckily I am not near her to smell and hear that and the rest of us in the office usually warn each other if we have seen her just enter the bathroom.
  • stacifahlsing
    stacifahlsing Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Grading papers! I hate it! Plus I have to snack while I do it! It is physically impossible for me to sit for hours reading essays without pretzels, chips, wine, whatever! I have tried to switch to celery and carrots... just causes grades to go down due to my dislike of the food!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    nobody talks to anyone, it's all just passive-aggressive emails

the earlier you come in and the later you stay, the "better" you look, regardless of what you're actually doing between those hours

I have two bosses and I'm honestly at a loss as to how they convinced someone to give them their overpaid positions

dirty looks from the CFO if I decide to take a lunch break and leave the office for a few minutes

my job is completely useless yet they feel the need to ship me all over the US for "face time" when I'll I'm doing is sitting at a different desk reading the same passive-aggressive emails.

I am $80K in debt from getting a double-master's only to deal with this crap. This is the second job I've had since finishing grad school and this one is worse than the first, which I didn't think could be possible
  • erynleigh13
    Options
    The worst part of my job is not having one ... even with experience & my masters.

My Husband & I relocated to a new state a few months ago - great opportunity for him - not so lucky for me.

I've now promised to never complain about part of a future job because I realize how lucky people are to have jobs right now! Take the "worst part of your job" with a grain of salt and appreciate that you get to go to work each day.
  • kmor23
    Options
    I am a bookkeeper, at a desk all day. Not burning many calories durning the day :-/
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    The worst part of my job is not having one ... even with experience & my masters.

My Husband & I relocated to a new state a few months ago - great opportunity for him - not so lucky for me.

I've now promised to never complain about part of a future job because I realize how lucky people are to have jobs right now! Take the "worst part of your job" with a grain of salt and appreciate that you get to go to work each day.

Now I feel like a jerk for all that whining right above your post. I'm sorry :( My boyfriend has two job prospects in Texas (we are in Massachusetts now) and I do worry about being able to find something if we end up moving. I really need to remind myself that I'm lucky to have a job even if I hate it. Thanks for the reality check and again, sorry for the insensitive rant.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Coworkers who think they only have to do what they feel like doing. And doing dental procedures. Yuck.

Being bitten, scratched, pooped, peed and vomited on, and having to stick my fingers up butts are not that great either. But the coworkers are definitely more stressful.
  • Flossie1981
    Flossie1981 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a manager and find my staff are the worst part of my job.... I have had to devise a computer timetable for a 38 and a 26 year old so they can share nicely!!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom right now and .......... I do the same thing every. single. day. It's like the movie Groundhog Day.

This, literally every single day of my life is on repeat. Every now and then someone throws some vomit in there to mix it up a little though. Oh, and I do not get paid.
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'd say the worst part for me is that I'm never not on call, and my team doesn't have an on call requirement. I've literally received calls while drinking with friends at the bar and had to walk other teams through a fix. They trusted me more drunk than the other people on my project. I went on vacation with family to Mexico for a week, and justifiably charged 4 full days worth of work.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    The co-workers, office, and general scope of my work.. other than that, everything else is awesome.