What's the worst part of your job?

Options

Replies

• MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    The worst part of my job is not having one ... even with experience & my masters.

My Husband & I relocated to a new state a few months ago - great opportunity for him - not so lucky for me.

I've now promised to never complain about part of a future job because I realize how lucky people are to have jobs right now! Take the "worst part of your job" with a grain of salt and appreciate that you get to go to work each day.
    Totally feel your pain. My boyfriend and I just relocated across the country. He's already found employment. Me not so much. I have a science degree and 3 minors. So far my best job prospect is working at my dogs day care, and picking up dog poop. ._.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The laziness others when I expect things to be done and they are not.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Dealing with the hateful public who blame ME for taking their money...SMH!:noway: :mad:
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I actually kinda like my job, but I don't get enough hours, bills are getting behind. And I hate how I am always scheduled the "late" person, which means I have to stay til every patient is seen, while my daughter and boyfriend wait in the car for me cuz I can't give a time when I'm done. He has sat out there in the parking lot for an hour and a half. I felt so bad.
    And impatient patients. "When am I going to be called?" is all I hear all day from ancient people. We arent purposely making them wait. We wanna go home too! Oh well. Lucky to have a job at least.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    The death - but especially the death where a sheep has taken itself off into some bushes or whatever to die, specifically so I wont notice it for days and when I do its stinking corpse fouls up my landrover for days when I cart it off to the hunt kennels.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Evil gossipy co-workers. Bathing the elderly. Small talk. OH GOD THE SMALL TALK.
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The People.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Kids ****ting themselves, kids crying, kids fighting each other, kids mouthing off at me, kids refusing to talk to me or each other, kids being little *kitten*.

Generally "kids".

What made me want to be a teacher?
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    right now the worst part is my lab is brand new so noone knows im here...Ive only had 13 patients in the last 2 weeks!! I shouldnt complain because I am getting paid to do absolutely nothing..but Im so bored!!!!
  • Lisafrazier71
    Lisafrazier71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The death - but especially the death where a sheep has taken itself off into some bushes or whatever to die, specifically so I wont notice it for days and when I do its stinking corpse fouls up my landrover for days when I cart it off to the hunt kennels.

Are you a sheep herder? Or "shepherd"? That is SOOOO cool. I'm envious. I sit at a desk all day and write code :/ Lucky!!!!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty stupid but frustrating. I work in the 2nd largest fully housed building in the US and its about 70% men. Finding an open stall in the morning sometimes takes a 20min walk or hitting 7 bathrooms each with 3 stalls ALL FULL.

Ahhhhh. At least I get here at 6:30am before most people at 7:30am

I'm an engineer and work entirely with men, which has its pros and cons. Probably the worst part of my job is that they all get in around 6am, but I am not a morning person at all. I feel like such a slacker when I show up at 8, especially since my commute is an hour or so shorter than all of theirs.
  • Nohemy1
    Nohemy1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My job requires I sit infront of my computer more than 6 hours a day!!! I need to move around I have gained 50lbs in the 6 1/2 years of employment here!!! Love my job otherwise just need to find a way to be more active!!!
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I work in a prison and it's a very unpleasent job. I can't decide what the worst part of it is so here are my top 3 LOL 1. Dealing with the dirty, disrespectful, etc. comments that seem to never end (not only by offenders, but other officers too). 2. Having to watch grown men smear feces and/or urine all around in their cells (sometimes eating it) and having to attempt to "correct" such ridiculously bizzare and stupid behavior and 3. the pay. does not even come close to comparing with the job we have to do.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Having to clean up after people who open every bogus link and file attachment.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Getting up at 3:30 am to beat the traffic...other than that, I love my job :)

Lord how far is your commute?

My commute is only 27 miles but if I worked the normal 9-5, it would probably take me 2 hours to get to work...I start work at 6:00 am...usually get here around 5:45 :)

You sound like you live in Northern Virginia. When I lived 12 miles outside of DC it would take me 1.5 hours on average to get to work. Most of my coworkers get up at 3:30 like you do. I moved into the city and walk to work now, and life is so much better. :)
  • alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Closet poopers. I work in the basement of a 9 story building. Women are afraid to poop in public. So they all come to the basement to take care of business. :sick:

I never poop anywhere but home or where I am staying at the time!

I'm a teacher...so it has to be 'term time'
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sitting all day is destroying my back.
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sitting at a computer all day!! Tho I guess that does have it's advantages...I can be on here and FB all day!
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am one of two women in an office full of men. I don't care if most of them are priests/holy men, they are still men and Bachelors at that! It can smell pretty bad at times. Now that I think of it, there's only one married person in my entire office and that's my boss.

Otherwise my only complaint is that I'm anchored at my desk all day long staring at a database. But I get to walk to work so that's a definite bonus and kind of makes up for the whole sitting at a desk all day.
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That I have to wear a lab coat when it almost feels like I am getting baked everyday! I am dreading the summer!