People on this site are mean.

Options

Replies

• Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    This thread is hysterical! Half math people with awesome puns, half non-math people who don't even realize it's a joke. Thank you all for making my lunch reading so entertaining!

What do you mean a joke?

seriouscat.jpg

It can't be on the internet if it isn't true you know
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I just find it slightly hilarious. Somebody just sent me a msg saying 'no one wears briefs anymore.'

I wouldn't mind but, a. I didn't ask for their input into my underwear choice, b. Her statement is factually wrong and c. I don't know her from Adam.

http://content.hollywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/david-beckham-emporio-armani-underwear-summer-spring.jpg

I love that people have so little going on in their life that my choice of underwear is the most interesting topic of conversation they have.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    no

μ see what I mean???

6078765530_04608d4f02.jpg

How YOU doin'? I like curvy men.

no, how YOU doin'?

...up for some integration? :bigsmile:

math-geek-pickup-shirt.jpg
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well in my case I'm just bitter.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    no hobo
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    This thread is hysterical! Half math people with awesome puns, half non-math people who don't even realize it's a joke. Thank you all for making my lunch reading so entertaining!
    The average person is still an a**hole. So joke or not the mean fits.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    no hobo

no pop tarts
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I just find it slightly hilarious. Somebody just sent me a msg saying 'no one wears briefs anymore.'

I wouldn't mind but, a. I didn't ask for their input into my underwear choice, b. Her statement is factually wrong and c. I don't know her from Adam.

http://content.hollywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/david-beckham-emporio-armani-underwear-summer-spring.jpg

I love that people have so little going on in their life that my choice of underwear is the most interesting topic of conversation they have.

Not on topic, but she was right. Ugh, my eyes.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I get it. I just hate math so I'm in denial. Also I don't have any math gifs.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    So that's what people mean by beast mode
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options

Well, that's certainly "weird", but it is really "mean"?

It's just unsolicited fashion advice...
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I only associate with people who exceed the mean.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    The average aren't necessarily mean, but there might be some correlation. They're certainly in the same region.

Don't give me that mode.

I'll give you my median.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    you are mean!

no, he's mode
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Avogadro told me that you're making a mountain out of a mole-hill.
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    35s398.jpg
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

:noway: dude....what has been seen, cannot be unseen.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    ...if μ look at the average, it's mean...

I see what you did there. Well played.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Are you Russian? μ seem Russian. Not sure what it is about μ that makes me think that though...

Sometimes I think people are what we want them to be. Since we have no body language or vocal changes as cues we have to imagine intent when we're reading a written message. So I try to imagine everyone speaking in the most annoying valley girl voice ever. And then they don't seem mean, they just seem mentally challenged. It helps soften my response.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    :sad: