People on this site are mean.

Options

Replies

• saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Well, that's certainly "weird", but it is really "mean"?
    It's just unsolicited fashion advice...

Well, it divides the worlds into two groups, people who wear briefs, and people who don't wear briefs. This itself is skivvynormative (or is it cisbriefed?), and assumes that people don't change styles of underwear, or maybe wear both styles at the same time, or wear none at all. Merely stating this sentence in terms of a duality is denying the humanity of all these sub groups, since they don't exist.

By stating that "no one" wears briefs (which is obviously false based on the picture) the message is that anyone who wears briefs is thus a non-person, denying them their humanity.

Note: this also might be a hate crime
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I just find it slightly hilarious. Somebody just sent me a msg saying 'no one wears briefs anymore.'

I wouldn't mind but, a. I didn't ask for their input into my underwear choice, b. Her statement is factually wrong and c. I don't know her from Adam.

http://content.hollywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/david-beckham-emporio-armani-underwear-summer-spring.jpg

I love that people have so little going on in their life that my choice of underwear is the most interesting topic of conversation they have.

You did ask for input on your underwear choice. Hell your picture BEGS for input on your underwear choice.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Mean people suck... I find median people a lot more typical.

Nah, median folks are just the middle of the road.
  • sullus
    Options
    Are you Russian? μ seem Russian. Not sure what it is about μ that makes me think that though...

Sometimes I think people are what we want them to be. Since we have no body language or vocal changes as cues we have to imagine intent when we're reading a written message. So I try to imagine everyone speaking in the most annoying valley girl voice ever. And then they don't seem mean, they just seem mentally challenged. It helps soften my response.

Tried it with this post. Good advice.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    you are mean!

no, he's mode

This is where the story comes half-circle. Have some PI.

pie-lamode.jpg
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I just find it slightly hilarious. Somebody just sent me a msg saying 'no one wears briefs anymore.'

I wouldn't mind but, a. I didn't ask for their input into my underwear choice, b. Her statement is factually wrong and c. I don't know her from Adam.

http://content.hollywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/david-beckham-emporio-armani-underwear-summer-spring.jpg

I love that people have so little going on in their life that my choice of underwear is the most interesting topic of conversation they have.

You did ask for input on your underwear choice. Hell your picture BEGS for input on your underwear choice.

Really? Obviously I'm the only one who can't see the big question mark on my crotch. lol
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Really? Obviously I'm the only one who can't see the big question mark on my crotch. lol

They look good to me; I'm not sure what you should be wearing instead. Baggy boxers? Boxer briefs? Y-fronts? Your underwear is superior to all of those options.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

:noway: dude....what has been seen, cannot be unseen.

Ditto.And if you put a picture of yourself in your underwear online,expect feedback.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I keep going around the forums and I just notice that if μ look at the average, it's mean. I'm not saying that people can't be helpful or nice or that everyone's bad, but it just seems that average is mean. μ know what I'm saying?

I do. I'm more of the 2nd σ to the upper end in my opinion. But we should probably run a one-way ANOVA for sure to see where we all fall out.
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    westwingmeme-cj2_zps9aa474ff.jpg

not really relevant, but i finally found all my west wing gifs :tongue:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I don't question his choice in underwear nearly as much as I do his choice in profile pics.
  • sullus
    Options
    Also, I do a lot of travel on my job. There was a article in the newpaper that the chances of having a passenger on a plane with a bomb was one in a thousand. That seemed too high for comfort when you fly around a lot. Then I did a quick calculation and discovered that the probability of having two of them is one in a million. So I went out and got me a bomb.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    mean people make me wanna eat pi
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Nah, median folks are just the middle of the road.

It is true, depending how deviant they are. :glasses:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

:noway: dude....what has been seen, cannot be unseen.

Ditto.And if you put a picture of yourself in your underwear online,expect feedback.

Not to be "that girl"...ok maybe a little...but, it's also against the site rules. No posing in underwear. Bathing suits are ok though....
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My Zumba teacher is very good, she has algorithm.

I was very hungry, but decided to decline the last piece of pi.

When I joined the YMCA, they had me sine on the dotted line.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

she's totally right. David Beckham might be able to wear briefs..... but not regular guys.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • LauraRose03
    Options
    I barely care if someone in real life is mean to me. I certainly can't be bothered to care if a stranger online is mean to me.

Very well said!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    no

μ see what I mean???

What is this? Are we speaking Greek now? Well played...
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I do. I'm more of the 2nd σ to the upper end in my opinion. But we should probably run a one-way ANOVA for sure to see where we all fall out.

I keep working out hoping that one day I'll be a lean, sick bigmug.