4 WEEKS DIETING AND HAVEN'T LOST 1 POUND !!!

Options

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Fiber bars and chicken for like 3 days in a row??? Come on girl, what are you doing to yourself? You need vegetables and whole grains. And always, ALWAYS eat your calorie goal.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    up your calories I upped mine to 1,450
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    eat
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You're going to find that EVERYONE on here is going to say "EAT MORE". Something I completely agree with.

So yeah, go eat more delicious & healthy foods and stop putting your body into starvation mode (it clings on to the calories EVEN MORE THAN EATING NORMALLY! Sucks right?!).

Stop starving. Start Eating to fuel your body.

Most importantly, take care of yourself! You can accomplish anything with the right tools and information! Don't give up hope, just give up on eating so few calories.

I was at a plateau for ages until I started weight lifting with a vengeance and watching my carb/protein intake.

Stay strong! You can do it! Just do it in a Healthy way! <3
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I AM 25 5'6 CURRENTLY 160.5. I AM TRYING TO LOSE AT LEAST 20 POUNDS. I HAVE BEEN DIETING FOR 4 WEEKS AS OF TODAY AND NOTHING !!!!!! I AM SO FRUSTRATED. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK INTO MY FOOD DIARY AND TELL ME WHAT IT IS I COULD CHANGE. I WAS EVEN SICK WITH THE FLU LAST WEEKEND AND DIDN'T EVEN LOSE THEN. I KNOW PEOPLE SAY THAT THE LESS WEIGHT YOU HAVE TO LOSE THE HARDER IT IS, BUT I AM NOT SURE WHY I CAN'T SEEM TO DROP AT LEAST ONE POUND. PLEASE HELP.

I lost the first 20lbs in 4 months by eating 1200 calories daily, no less. You have to eat proper meals. I still ate 3 meals a day and 2-3 snacks a day. You need to eat in order to lose weight. You cant starve yourself. When I got to 30 lbs lost, my body stalled at 1200 calories and now I am eating 1460. I lost 4 lbs in 6 weeks. Its slower but by eating more I am still losing.

Buy a food scale, weigh out the portions of your food, and eat 3 meals a day. My snacks were fruit and or yogurt. I treated myself at night to a real snack (something sweet or salty) but still measured out the recommended serving size so I never went over my 1200 calories.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Your diary gives me the sadz.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said, eat more. If I were you, I would stay at least in the 1200-1400 calorie range. Calculate your bf%, and from that your lean body mass. Every day, eat 1 gram of protien for every pound of lean body weight. Eat 0.45 grams of fat for every 1 pound of lean body weight, mostly healthy fats. Eat the balance of your calories in low glycemic carbs.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    It's really important that you eat enough. Please check out In Place of a Road Map linked below. Figure out your BMR and TDEE. Your BMR is your Basal Metabolic Rate, the amount of calories needed to keep you alive if you just lay in bed all day, no exercise, no kids, no work. Your TDEE is your Total Daily Energy Expenditure, which takes into account these tasks and figures the calorie amount needed to sustain your daily life. Ideally, you want to be eating your TDEE minus 20%. At a minimum, you should at least eat your BMR which, for me, is about 1600 calories. If you continue too far down this road of very little calories, you can do some serious damage to your body. If you don't calculate these numbers, at the VERY least, eat 1200 calories.

Be well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Why are you yelling?

Also, it helps if you eat more than 800 calories a day, you know.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

General recommendations for weekly weight loss goals should be based on a number of factors, the main one of which is how much weight you have to lose. The more weight that you have to lose the less severe the negative impact of being at a calorie deficit will have generally (see below for examples).

As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing these negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:
    More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week
  • Sharkington
    Options
    700-900 calories a day is nowhere near enough food for your body. I'd say that is probably the reason you aren't losing any weight, just as everyone else here has mentioned. Why do you feel you have to eat so little? Even 1200 calories is a bit low - up your calories and try adding in some regular exercise Give it a little time and I'm betting you'll start seeing a difference. :flowerforyou:
  • misseenk
    misseenk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you could try eating your BMR and working out/cardio/lift ??? weight doesnt just fall off
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Also, needing to loose less weight is not an excuse. I started out at 170.2, and as of my last weigh in I was at 166.8. My body fat had dropped from 17.5% to 14.8%. I had some muscle gain, which negated some of the weight loss. I actually lost more than 3.4 lbs of fat. That was last Friday, after 2 weeks on my diet. My 3 week weigh in is tomorrow, and I expect to be down somewhere in the neighborhood of a pound. Having less weight to loose isn't a reason not to be loosing, but not eating enough or sticking to a proper macro nutrient breakdown is.
  • aap0812
    Options
    Sounds to me like your body's going into "starvation mode"--with the lack of not just food but nutrients your body will end up keeping every bit of intake you put into your body (good or bad) and store it as 'fat' because thats where some of your energy comes from. So in reality unfortunately hun your actually going to end up either gaining weight by lack of intake/balance of diet & exercise or your going to maintain the same weight but your body might try to find other areas to store it like your belly, hips, thighs, and butt--i know only because my friend tried doing the same thing and it was counter productive. Its ok to eat--eating healthy and certain foods will actually give you the energy to burn the calories and increase your metabolism too.

Good luck!--i know it sounds ridiculous, because i have a hard time eating all those calories, but its all about balancing meals, the food groups, and exercise that will make the difference! and of course the one thing that will never change is time...
  • chl823
    chl823 Posts: 48
    Options
    Definitely not enough calories. I mark 1 month today doing fitness pal. I've lost 6 pounds, I eat usually all 1200 calories a day, exercise daily and eat back about 60% of exercise calories, the other 40% helps make up for any miscalculations o. Daily calories, don't give up. My sister is doing the same thing and not losing. You have to get the word diet out of your mind, it is a lifestyle change, making better choices. HTH.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need to eat....
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well, You did it! Starvation mode...If you have been eating like this for the past couple of months expect to gain a few pounds first...then you'll start to lose.

Thanks for checking your BMR here on Fat 2 Fit Radio. If you're not already subscribed to Fat 2 Fit Radio, consider doing so today. Please visit the Subscribe page to get the podcast delivered automatically to your iTunes, Juice, e-mail inbox or the podcatcher of your choice for FREE.

Entered information: 25 year old female, 66 inches tall, weighing 160 pounds, BMI of 25.8 (Overweight).

From the information that you entered, you'd like to weigh 140 lbs.

Harris-Benedict Formula

There are a few different methods to calculating yourbasal metabolic rate (BMR). One of the most popular, developed in the early 1900's is called the Harris-Benedict formula. Based on this formula, your current BMR is 1544 calories.

How Many Calories Should I Eat?

Based on your goal weight, the following chart was generated. The chart shows the number of calories that you should eat on a daily basis to reach your goal weight. At Fat 2 Fit Radio we advocate eating like the thin, healthy person that you want to become. The calorie levels you see in the chart are not extreme, but they do create that all important caloric deficit that is required to get you to your goal weight in a safe manner. Once you reach your goal weight, you will continue eating the same number of calories for the rest of your life to maintain that weight. You'll never be on a diet again.

Based on how much activity you do on an average day, the calories in the right column will be the number of calories that you will be able to eat at your goal weight. If you start eating those calories right now (eating like the thinner you), you will eventually become that thinner person. As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will start to slow down. It is OK to eat a few hundred calories less per day (200-300) to speed up your weight loss at this point.

Activity Level

Daily Calories

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job)

Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)

Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)

Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)

Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)

EAT. You should be eating around 1500 calories ...and eat any additional calories you get from exercise.

customize your goals to 35% protein / 35% carbs / 30%fat

You body must seriously be PO'ed at you...so no wonder you got the flu....missing so many nutrients....start taking a multivitamin too. Best thing to help.....Take measurements and BF% ...GET OFF THE SCALE
  • DramaLlamaMama
    Options
    Your diary gives me the sadz.

It gives me the hungries.
  • portergolf
    Options
    Rather than just tell you that you aren’t eating enough I am going to offer you some advice and you can choose to use it or not but I felt it would be helpful. I think you can easily reach your goal of 145 by April 15th if you can do what I suggest or even use it and modify it you fit you.

Your metabolism is probably in the dumps from your low caloric intake. The only way to get it up is increase your caloric intake with complex carbohydrates, lean proteins and healthy fats.

Are you exercising at all? If not that could also provide a metabolic boost especially if you incorporate some type of weight training whether it be free weights or machines. If you don't have access to it I would recommend doing body resistance stuff at home. You would be surprises how 20-30 minutes a day of push-ups, lunges, squats, sit-ups will do for you.

Try and focus on complex carbohydrates, lean proteins and healthy fats. It’s better to have eggs (or egg whites) and oatmeal for breakfast at around 300 cals rather than an instant "breakfast" bar, which in reality is basically a candy bar.

I would recommend this:

Breakfast: (250-300 Cals)
    3-Egg whites (cooked with non-stick spray, not butter)
    1-whole egg
    1/2 cup oatmeal( or a whole pack of instant oatmeal if you need convenience)
    --- You could use liquid eggs for convenience, I do

Morning snack: (160 - 200 cals)
    Piece of Fruit
    1/2 serving of almonds

Lunch: 300-450 Cals
    4-6oz Lean meat (chicken breast/lean beef/Fish/Shrimp)
    1/2 Sweet potato
    1-.5cups or 1 serving of Broccoli/green beans/ asparagus/ cauliflower

Or Grilled Chicken Salad with low calorie dressing and be very cautious of the amounts of the extras on the salad (croutons/cheese/bacon, etc) they add up very fast

Afternoon snack: (~200 cals)
    Greek Yogurt or
    1/2 serving of almonds or mozzarella Cheese stick

Dinner: 300-500 Cals
    5-8oz Lean meat (chicken breast/lean beef/Fish/Shrimp)
    1/2 cup cooked brown rice or sweet potato
    1-.5cups or 1 serving of Broccoli/green beans/ asparagus/ cauliflower

PM Snack Ideas: (100-200)
    Sugar Free Fudgesicles
    Light Microwave Popcorn
    Piece of fruit

On the low end it would be 1,300 Cals and on the high end it would be 1,750 and that would assume you at every meal at max Cals.

I promise you if you eat this way consistently you will lose weight faster than you have ever lost weight in your life. It will only magnify if you can find a way to consistently incorporate exercise. Even if you can only fit in 3 days a week of 30 minutes. All I can say is we need to get out and move. No matter what type of exercise you choose we need to do some.

There are only two certainties I can guarantee.
    It will happen if you do it
    It won't happen if you don't

I will say this I am not offering a short cut. If you are looking for easy and a silver bullet that is not what I offered. What I offer is sound advice that takes hard work, planning/preparation and dedication.
    You have to remember if it was easy we would all be walking around with 6-packs.
    Best of luck.

If this was helpful to you and you have any further questions let me know.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    She wants to lose 20lb in 2 months... :noway:

Case closed.