4 WEEKS DIETING AND HAVEN'T LOST 1 POUND !!!

Options

Replies

• jross1006
    Options
    She wants to lose 20lb in 2 months... :noway:

Case closed.

I dont want to lose 20 pounds in 2 months. I actually started dieting January 1 but have only been logging for 4 weeks now. My goal was to lose 15 by april 15th. I though it was a realistic number. I am still learning the goods and the bads. I haven't really taken the best care of myself since I am am single mother of two, work full time and go to school full time. So instead of your sarcastic remarks it would nice if you would use these posts to help out, give me some tips on meals etc. Thanks
    don't worry about the snide remarks, you got some good advice here. i know it might be hard to eat all your calories (i myself still have issues) but really, you must eat more especially as your life seems pretty active anyway. more veggies, fruits, yoghurt and nuts if you like them. eggs are good as well for bumping calories and protein, i like having them for breakfast if i have enough time in the morning as they are calorific but keep me feeling satisfied. also try to maybe pre log? i find if i pre log my dinner, i have more control over the rest of my food intake for the day.

I am going to pre log. My biggest issue is being so busy that I forget to eat. I am going to take all the advice I get and in one week I will check in again to show everyone that I really want this, I want to lose weight and that all there advice will be used. Thanks for the support
  • jross1006
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that you can see your own food diary. Try hitting your calorie target for starters.

I can see my diary. I can see im not hitting my calorie goal. Any advice other than the obvious
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    She wants to lose 20lb in 2 months... :noway:

Case closed.

I dont want to lose 20 pounds in 2 months. I actually started dieting January 1 but have only been logging for 4 weeks now. My goal was to lose 15 by april 15th. I though it was a realistic number. I am still learning the goods and the bads. I haven't really taken the best care of myself since I am am single mother of two, work full time and go to school full time. So instead of your sarcastic remarks it would nice if you would use these posts to help out, give me some tips on meals etc. Thanks
    don't worry about the snide remarks, you got some good advice here. i know it might be hard to eat all your calories (i myself still have issues) but really, you must eat more especially as your life seems pretty active anyway. more veggies, fruits, yoghurt and nuts if you like them. eggs are good as well for bumping calories and protein, i like having them for breakfast if i have enough time in the morning as they are calorific but keep me feeling satisfied. also try to maybe pre log? i find if i pre log my dinner, i have more control over the rest of my food intake for the day.

I am going to pre log. My biggest issue is being so busy that I forget to eat. I am going to take all the advice I get and in one week I will check in again to show everyone that I really want this, I want to lose weight and that all there advice will be used. Thanks for the support
    you're welcome, hope it works out for you. :flowerforyou:
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Not exercising doesn't mean you should be eating 800 calories a day. MFP sets up your calorie target assuming you aren't even exercising.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I AM 25 5'6 CURRENTLY 160.5. I AM TRYING TO LOSE AT LEAST 20 POUNDS. I HAVE BEEN DIETING FOR 4 WEEKS AS OF TODAY AND NOTHING !!!!!! I AM SO FRUSTRATED. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK INTO MY FOOD DIARY AND TELL ME WHAT IT IS I COULD CHANGE. I WAS EVEN SICK WITH THE FLU LAST WEEKEND AND DIDN'T EVEN LOSE THEN. I KNOW PEOPLE SAY THAT THE LESS WEIGHT YOU HAVE TO LOSE THE HARDER IT IS, BUT I AM NOT SURE WHY I CAN'T SEEM TO DROP AT LEAST ONE POUND. PLEASE HELP.

I have some suggestions:

1) Your breakfasts seem carb-heavy. Start your day with some protein and fat for fuel. Eggs are an obvious choice, but sometimes leftover dinner is just as good! You need some good fat to start your day. Try eating 1/2-1 avocado with your breakfast (or fry your eggs in coconut oil or good, ol fashioned butter!)

2) Put down the processed garbage (fiber one bars & smart ones). They don't fuel your body. Replace them with some real food (meat & veggies).

3) Do the above for a week or two and see if it helps. Then start looking at your macros (carb/fat/protein). Tweak your fat & protein up and your carbs down until you start losing. The macro "sweet spot" is different for everybody, so take this with a grain of salt, but I tend to eat 65% of my cals as fat, 20% as protein and 15% as carbs. When I stay around 50-100g of carbs, I lose. 100-150 - I maintain. Again, this could be different for you! I'm shorter and lighter than you and don't have kids... etc. etc.
  • theWinchester
    theWinchester Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well, you aren't eating enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYi9xjIRvbY

this explains it, I was in the same boat as you.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Well, you aren't shouting enough.

Fixed
  • ndirish4life
    Options
    Rather than just tell you that you aren’t eating enough I am going to offer you some advice and you can choose to use it or not but I felt it would be helpful. I think you can easily reach your goal of 145 by April 15th if you can do what I suggest or even use it and modify it you fit you.

Your metabolism is probably in the dumps from your low caloric intake. The only way to get it up is increase your caloric intake with complex carbohydrates, lean proteins and healthy fats.

Are you exercising at all? If not that could also provide a metabolic boost especially if you incorporate some type of weight training whether it be free weights or machines. If you don't have access to it I would recommend doing body resistance stuff at home. You would be surprises how 20-30 minutes a day of push-ups, lunges, squats, sit-ups will do for you.

Try and focus on complex carbohydrates, lean proteins and healthy fats. It’s better to have eggs (or egg whites) and oatmeal for breakfast at around 300 cals rather than an instant "breakfast" bar, which in reality is basically a candy bar.

I would recommend this:

Breakfast: (250-300 Cals)
    3-Egg whites (cooked with non-stick spray, not butter)
    1-whole egg
    1/2 cup oatmeal( or a whole pack of instant oatmeal if you need convenience)
    --- You could use liquid eggs for convenience, I do

Morning snack: (160 - 200 cals)
    Piece of Fruit
    1/2 serving of almonds

Lunch: 300-450 Cals
    4-6oz Lean meat (chicken breast/lean beef/Fish/Shrimp)
    1/2 Sweet potato
    1-.5cups or 1 serving of Broccoli/green beans/ asparagus/ cauliflower

Or Grilled Chicken Salad with low calorie dressing and be very cautious of the amounts of the extras on the salad (croutons/cheese/bacon, etc) they add up very fast

Afternoon snack: (~200 cals)
    Greek Yogurt or
    1/2 serving of almonds or mozzarella Cheese stick

Dinner: 300-500 Cals
    5-8oz Lean meat (chicken breast/lean beef/Fish/Shrimp)
    1/2 cup cooked brown rice or sweet potato
    1-.5cups or 1 serving of Broccoli/green beans/ asparagus/ cauliflower

PM Snack Ideas: (100-200)
    Sugar Free Fudgesicles
    Light Microwave Popcorn
    Piece of fruit

On the low end it would be 1,300 Cals and on the high end it would be 1,750 and that would assume you at every meal at max Cals.

I promise you if you eat this way consistently you will lose weight faster than you have ever lost weight in your life. It will only magnify if you can find a way to consistently incorporate exercise. Even if you can only fit in 3 days a week of 30 minutes. All I can say is we need to get out and move. No matter what type of exercise you choose we need to do some.

There are only two certainties I can guarantee.
    It will happen if you do it
    It won't happen if you don't

I will say this I am not offering a short cut. If you are looking for easy and a silver bullet that is not what I offered. What I offer is sound advice that takes hard work, planning/preparation and dedication.
    You have to remember if it was easy we would all be walking around with 6-packs.
    Best of luck.

If this was helpful to you and you have any further questions let me know.

This was the most helpful comment yet. This is what I needed. I want to get away from protein shakes and start eat foods. I just have a hard time making up my own meals while trying to figure out all the numbers and crap. Thank you for your support and advice. I will be putting this to work ASAP.

This is almost the exact same meal plan I've been following at my trainers advice for the last 2 weeks almost. I lost a little over a pound the first week and I will be weighing in tomorrow. I agree it can be a pain making the food and tracking it all but I promise you it will be worth it! Best of luck to ya!
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    guys, it isn't that she isn't eating enough. even if she wasn't eating enough, she would have still lost weight. even in starvation mode, your metabolism slows down BUT you still lose weight. this is something else.

in fact, in order to get to starvation mode, she would have had to lose a considerable amount of weight over a period of months in order for her body's metabolism to slow down in the first place.
  • ashleypeha
    Options
    Def. not eating enough. You need those 1200 atleast just for your body to function. You also need to eat breakfast! If you are skipping meals and not getting enough calories then your metabolisim is going to slow down and your body will hold on to everything you put in it because it thinks its starving. Just try to eat more, maybe even try your hardest to have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. And try not to eat late at night.
  • scamp76
    Options
    I am a single mom of two and a full time student as well. I completely understand about being extremely busy and then either "forgetting" to eat or going so long without eating that you just shove whatever is handy into your mouth! The thing that has helped me the most is PLANNING AHEAD! Weekly, usually on Saturdays, I sit down and figure out our dinner meal plan for the week. I even write it down on a whiteboard we have in the kitchen so everyone knows what we're having in advance. On Sundays I do all my grocery shopping for the entire week, that ensures that I have all of the ingredients I will need for the dinners I have planned. Now, I'm not saying that I stick to that plan 100% of the time but it really does help and I find that it is less chaotic around our house at dinner time. As far as lunches go for me, it's the same thing. Plan, plan, plan. I have to get my lunch together the night before otherwise it's too chaotic around here in the mornings and I don't take anything for lunch. That usually means I end up grabbing something on the go that probably isn't the best choice. I hope that this helps a little. I can't stress enough how important it is to plan ahead! Best of luck!
  • Danardeener
    Options
    1. Eat more
    2. Turn off caps lock BECAUSE YOU ARE SHOUTING IN MY HEAD
    3. Take the advice of the good people here who have been successful

Agreed!
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    1. go to the doctor

2. record every day. i noticed you have days where you don't record, so not knowing what you are eating or how much on those days can't give us a complete picture.

3. see a nutritionist
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

1. Eat more
    2. Turn off caps lock BECAUSE YOU ARE SHOUTING IN MY HEAD
    3. Take the advice of the good people here who have been successful

Starvation Mode
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    L55tbQK.gif
  • hyphenbobbit
    hyphenbobbit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi,

If that's all you're eating then you should have lost weight despite the fact that this amount of cals per days is probably far too little. If this all you have really eaten then you should see your doctor as clearly the average person would be losing albeit not particularly healthy,,,,,,hope you get it sorted x
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that you can see your own food diary. Try hitting your calorie target for starters.

I can see my diary. I can see im not hitting my calorie goal. Any advice other than the obvious

No. Sometimes the obvious answer is the answer. :indifferent:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You need to figure your BMR and your TDEE and eat 20% less of your TDEE.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • flutterbug123
    flutterbug123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    UP your calories. You are not eating enough.
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You need to figure your BMR and your TDEE and eat 20% less of your TDEE.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

This This This ^^^^^^^^^^^^