Lost Your Lower Belly Pooch? SHOW IT OFF!

Options

Replies

• batestj
    batestj Posts: 3
    Options
    Not gone (I still have SOO far to go!!), but shrinking -- I feel hopeful! This has been over 3 months.

I was mortified at what my lower abdomen looked like after having my daughter. The first 2 months of good weight loss didn't seem to touch my tummy, but then the third month showed a noticeable difference to me.

59ca43e6-2da0-4337-b3a0-759721e8777e_zpsd25f7e3c.jpg
  • batestj
    batestj Posts: 3
    Options
    you look great.
  • Batnamz
    Batnamz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    loving all of these photos. such great inspiration! :)
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Are all you successful women doing strength training?

Yes, 2 or 3x a week.
  • veepie
    veepie Posts: 103
    Options
    I am so inspired by this thread. I am a very shy and self conscious person. I am currently 154 and have the dreaded icky skin poochy thing after having a 10lber. :( Its horrid and wrinkly and gross. I am to lose all the weight I want to. Then get in a good gym routine and strength train.

I am too embarassed to put belly pics on here :(. I have another 24lbs to lose then will reassess.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Wow Sparlingo! That's an amazing change in 3 months. I need to do what you're doing! Would love to know more about your lifting program.

Thank you :smile:.

Truthfully I'm a newbie to strength training and super intimidated about it when I started a few months ago, so I did what seemed least complicated to me. I go to a weight lifting class twice a week for 60 minutes. The instructor demonstrates all the lifts for us, and it's up to us as class participants to increase our weights incrementally. It's such a rewarding feeling to need to up the weights because the old ones aren't challenging enough!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by this thread. I am a very shy and self conscious person. I am currently 154 and have the dreaded icky skin poochy thing after having a 10lber. :( Its horrid and wrinkly and gross. I am to lose all the weight I want to. Then get in a good gym routine and strength train.

I am too embarassed to put belly pics on here :(. I have another 24lbs to lose then will reassess.

I bet you have an awesome bod.. I wish I was 154lbs right now!

I have two kids so I can relate.. you may find mixing lotion with pure almond oil (or broken vitamin E capsules) really help smooth things up
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Losing hope and I'm so glad I found this thread.Well done!

Awesome work ladies!!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    LOVE all the inspirational before and afters!! You gals are AWESOME!!! What strength and determination and hard work to get where you all are, I'm in awe! Can you gals tell me what type of exercise you did to get your strong flat abs? Anything specific for that area? How does lifting help the abdominal area? Do you do ab exercises like crunches or planks to get so strong in that area? Please do tell!!
  • gymtanlaugh
    Options
    WOW This is awesome (: You go girl
  • RoxyBaroque
    RoxyBaroque Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    New favourite thread! Well done everyone!
  • kpepin3
    kpepin3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    First post, so hopefully I am doing this correctly! Here are a couple of my before/after photos - from '11 when I had my daughter to march '13. The day I had my daughter, I weighed 220 lbs, a number that still seems surreal. I've made it down to 143 lbs. Still have to work on getting rid of my pooch, but seeing other photos on here has definitely motivated me and made me realize that it's possible to lose it!

sdfasdfasdfa-1.jpg

PicMonkeyCollage-1.jpg

The bottom image shows my belly in July 2012, and in March 2013 :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    How long do you strength train for (time wise)?
    Are all you successful women doing strength training?

Yes, 2 or 3x a week.
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    zoukeira-

I tried to quote your response about your workout video routines and it did not work!

You do look fantastic! I am trying to incorporate more body weight training into my routine and I have started using Fitness Blender videos. Did you create a video "schedule" or anything like that? How did you organize your workouts? Until just a couple of weeks ago, I was randomly choosing videos to use and just recently tried to make it more structured...I also do a HIIT video once per week...
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mmmartje
    mmmartje Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all look amazing! I started my weight loss because I wanted to get rid of my lower belly pooch. I've lost quite a bit of weight since then and cannot loose much more, but unfortunately the pooch is still there. (it's been there since age 10!)
    I've become convinced it's impossible to get rid of without surgery but you seem to have managed the impossible!
    To those who've flattened their tummies, how did you do it? Was it strength training, ab excersises or is it just weight loss?
    (or something else entirely?)
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, because my paunch has been the hardest thing for me to get rid of. It kind of grosses me out, but one day I hope to diminish it enough that it doesn't droop like a meat curtain when I bend over.
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You all look SO great! You've inspired me to take really good (read: embarassing) before pics so I can have something to compare to down the road...
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 196 and want to be around 130 so you are a great inspiration to me! How tall are you?
    Aw thanks! I'm 5'4
    You look awesome! How did you do it?
    Calorie deficit, cardio (I love HIIT) and MOST importantly strength training. I mostly train at home, I love YouTube videos and channels like Fitness Blender and Be Fit and LOVE bodyweight training. Lifting heavy is super effective and I love it - but I have a kid with special needs and leaving home to get to the gym isn't always an option.

A few things: You look awesome. I hope to look like you one day! And way to not make excuses! Many people would use a similar situation to say "I'll never lose weight!" Seriously, awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!