Lost Your Lower Belly Pooch? SHOW IT OFF!

Options

Replies

• eob1273
    eob1273 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love this topic! So many inspiring pics. :smile: My belly pics are now in my profile to keep me motivated.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am too technologically challenged to post pictures and I'm 59 so of a more modest generation. But for 1st time in my life I don't have pooch. Here is what worked for me! lost a lot of pounds, did a lot of core work (pilates, kettle bells, planks, sit ups on a balance ball, etc). Its amazing! Now working on upper body strength with full body push ups. I'm determined to do an unassisted pull up. May have to lose some more weight for that. Can do with assist. Great fun, and am loving my new flat belly in jeans!
  • MrsLg
    MrsLg Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great thread! This has definitely inspired me to start some body weight training. I keep stopping and starting but I am gonna try to stick with it this time. I have no gym access or money for equipment so I am hoping I can get good results from body weight exercises. Do you think its possible? I need to get rid of the belly!!
  • peasantsong
    peasantsong Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of trying to lose mine! It's the part of my body I hate the absolute most!

5'5" 157lbs - no weight lifting
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/LizzH/body and face/157lbsside.jpg[/img]

159lbs - after 30 days of weight lifting
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/LizzH/body and face/49CC036B-AB09-4DD7-92C3-942968E42321-3484-00000574685CD948_zpsa36c2695.jpg[/img]
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of trying to lose mine! It's the part of my body I hate the absolute most!

5'5" 157lbs - no weight lifting
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/LizzH/body and face/157lbsside.jpg[/img]

159lbs - after 30 days of weight lifting
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/LizzH/body and face/49CC036B-AB09-4DD7-92C3-942968E42321-3484-00000574685CD948_zpsa36c2695.jpg[/img]

I saw your other thread too.. very inspiring =] Where does one begin with lifting though?
    I mean my gym has that section, with all the loose weights right across from the machines and cardio stuff and I walked through once with a guy friend and even that got me judging looks..I'm not 100% sure women are even allowed in there! Did they stare and make you feel weird? If so, how were you brave enough to stay there anyway? I go to the gym at my college and the guys are very douchy there and I'm scared of them =[
  • peasantsong
    peasantsong Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I saw your other thread too.. very inspiring =] Where does one begin with lifting though?
    I mean my gym has that section, with all the loose weights right across from the machines and cardio stuff and I walked through once with a guy friend and even that got me judging looks..I'm not 100% sure women are even allowed in there! Did they stare and make you feel weird? If so, how were you brave enough to stay there anyway? I go to the gym at my college and the guys are very douchy there and I'm scared of them =[

Your post made me go "awww!" My gym has a powerlifting station where the squat racks are and that's where I do my squats and deadlifts. Then there's the big scary weight lifting section where all the dudes hang out. And I'll admit, the first time I went in, I was intimidated. But I was also very determined so I just put on my brave face, ignored everyone, and did my thing. And honestly, no one gives a rat's *kitten* what I am doing in that section. No one looks at me weird, no one tries to "correct my form" as if I don't know what I'm doing. It's totally fine! They're doing their thing, I'm doing mine. It's really not as big of a deal as it seems. You just have to fake it till you make it, confidence-wise. And the neat thing about working out in the weights section is that there's no ladies in there to sadly compare yourself to. There's no one-upping or jealousy or any of that. It's actually kind of empowering and I prefer that section to the ladies section.
  • SNOWolfx3
    SNOWolfx3 Posts: 16
    Options
    5 years ago, my freshman year, I was only about 103-105 lbs fluctuating. My junior year I got on birth control where I gained about 20 lbs in 2.5 months. After graduation, I wasn't yet working and I found I was pregnant and gained another 10lbs in 2 months. I miscarried so I didn't gain anymore but it's stayed with me for about 8 months now.
    I just joined about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm trying to work out more seeing as my job is a desk job. I'm also cutting down on fast food, even though french fries are my ultimate comfort food. Hopefully in August I can join a yoga class of some sort. :] I took one my senior year & enjoyed it a lot.
    When I started, I was around 136-138 fluctuating. I haven't yet weighed myself since I've started so I'm not sure if it's been working (I'll be weighing myself Monday to find out :O ). I liked that I gained weight in some areas because 103 lbs was very small and I was pretty bony, but the main thing I want to loose is my belly ! I want that bikini body again ! My goal weight is 120-125 lbs.

P.S. I don't know you guys but I'm proud of those who have reached their goal ! Also they ones motivated to reach theirs. :]
  • DanielleRZee
    Options
    Wow that's excellent! great job girl!
  • DanielleRZee
    Options
    Not gone (I still have SOO far to go!!), but shrinking -- I feel hopeful! This has been over 3 months.

I was mortified at what my lower abdomen looked like after having my daughter. The first 2 months of good weight loss didn't seem to touch my tummy, but then the third month showed a noticeable difference to me.

59ca43e6-2da0-4337-b3a0-759721e8777e_zpsd25f7e3c.jpg

that's awesome! :wink: great job!!!!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Man it blows my mind how the last 10 pounds makes SUCH a difference in how we look! I'm working my *kitten* off trying to kill my last 10 and it is by FAR the hardest to lose. I've been heeding advice others have given here about lots of strength training. It seems to be working, I'm slowly getting there.

I could've written this! I have 10-12lbs to go and it is soooo hard! And that 10lbs is probably from my lower belly! Agghhh. I put on a lot of weight when pregnant with my daughter (she's 21 months now) and although I've lost around 60lbs, I still have that horrible lower belly. It's getting smaller all the time, but I'm still so aware if it.

What exercises have people done to get rid of it?
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the hope ladies!
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I feel like crying looking through all these amazing photos!
    My pooch is awful, and I've always feared I'll never get rid of it.
    This week I'm incorperating weight training into my gym routine, hopefully that will speed up fat loss!
  • chuckponygirl
    Options
    I now have hope! Awesome job, ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

Your post made me go "awww!" My gym has a powerlifting station where the squat racks are and that's where I do my squats and deadlifts. Then there's the big scary weight lifting section where all the dudes hang out. And I'll admit, the first time I went in, I was intimidated. But I was also very determined so I just put on my brave face, ignored everyone, and did my thing. And honestly, no one gives a rat's *kitten* what I am doing in that section. No one looks at me weird, no one tries to "correct my form" as if I don't know what I'm doing. It's totally fine! They're doing their thing, I'm doing mine. It's really not as big of a deal as it seems. You just have to fake it till you make it, confidence-wise. And the neat thing about working out in the weights section is that there's no ladies in there to sadly compare yourself to. There's no one-upping or jealousy or any of that. It's actually kind of empowering and I prefer that section to the ladies section.

Your post is awesome! My gym has a squat rack, the lifting area is always full of men.. pretty intimidating and I end up avoiding that area, taking some weights to another. I really want to start using the squat rack, gotta work up the nerve. It's relieving to see someone else out there has felt that way :smile:
  • Bump
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bumping this!!! , this really gives me hope I can say goodbye to the pooch!!
  • LeahKRayas
    LeahKRayas Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The first picture was taken about 9 1/2 months after my son was born. (Third child)
    I am 31yrs and 5'6"
    The first picture was taken January 20 @ 184
    The second picture was taken february 24 @ 162
    Obviously I still have alot to lose,and even after losing 20lbs I didn't realy see or feel the difference
    until I did a side by side comparison. I couldn't believe how much my stomach went down in only a mth and 20lbs lost!
    I cannot wait until I reach my goal of 130lbs!

5m05s5.jpg
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing! How did you do it and how long did it take? Im beginning to think that my belly will never go!
    Wow!! You look amazing!! That's so what I'm hoping for! Right now I'm about 20lbs heavier than your start weight and want to get to 140lbs. Can I ask how long it took you to lose the weight?

I lost the first 35lbs without really trying very hard - but it took 2 years. I've lost the last 35lbs over the last 6mths (I even plateaued for almost 3 of those months!) so a fast loss is definitely possible. I do think that the longer time it takes the easier it often is to be discouraged, and the more patience plays a role in your loss.

I found after losing weight my pooch was actually more pronounced and definitely more saggy. But incorporating strength training made a HUGE difference. I did go to the gym, but I haven't been since Jan (membership expired) and I have always worked out mainly at home. YouTube Videos have been my favourite - I love Fitness Blender and Be Fit channels. I'm a HUGE fan of bodyweight training, yoga and HIIT.

In the end getting rid of it really required three things - strength training, cardio and a calorie deficit (that wasn't TOO big) - most people just seem to leave out the strength training because they don't realise you don't HAVE to do it in a gym and you don't HAVE to have any equipment (I only have dumbbells (1kg, 2kg, 3.5kg & 4kg), an aerobic step, pullup bar and a yoga mat, that's it, and there are many days were I use nothing but my body).

Thanks for this post. It's kind of nice to see great results with at-home training. I just don't want to lift in front of people, you know?
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I wish I could post pics but it never works. My recent progress is in my profile pic. I've been pregnant every year for the past 4 years. I still have quite a bit of pooch to get rid of, but I'm getting there.
  • x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Im almost there.
    <<<<<pic
    ive had 3 babies (2 c secs). they are 6 months, 2yrs and 3 and a half. Highest weight, 200lbs, currently 150!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!