why is beer made to look so bad!!!!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I will always work beer into my life. It's good in moderation like anything else :). Cheers to beers!!!
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I wonder what the lowest calorie/highest alcohol beer is.

I didn't read all the posts to see if someone had mentioned this yet or not, so I apologize if someone said this already... but I believe Budweiser has a 6% diet beer - Not sure what it is called specifically or how many calories it is
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Because "wine-tummy" and "spirits-gut" sounds ridiculous.

I refer to my little belly as my "wine pouch."
    I tend to drink wine more often but am really getting into some good craft beers. I'm more interested in imbibing something that I really enjoy rather than the lowest calorie option. Everything in moderation.
  • rookshideout
    rookshideout Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too absolutely love beer, but I know it is impeding my progress. It's not the calories that are slowing me down. I found this on yahoo answers. You can take it or leave it...

alcohol consumption decreases testosterone production and the levels of circulating androgen in the bloodstream, this decreases not only strength but the resting metabolic rate, energy levels and the rate of recovery from exercise. the higher the BAC the lower test levels will be. consuming alcohol before bed disrupts the sleep cycles and decreases growth hormone (GH) secretion. GH is the most powerful fat burning hormone that the human body produces. alcohol also dehydrates the muscle cells and interferes with the Krebs Cycle which decreases fatty acid metabolism.

in terms of weight/fat loss there is not one positive to consuming alcohol on a regular basis. despite popular belief there is a lot more to weight loss than cals in vs. cals out. it's all about manipulating the endocrine system in a positive manner through the diet and with regular exercise.
    Source(s):
    BS Exercise Science
    IFPA Master Personal Trainer
    25+ years of resistance training experience
    17 years of martial arts training
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I too absolutely love beer, but I know it is impeding my progress. It's not the calories that are slowing me down. I found this on yahoo answers. You can take it or leave it...

alcohol consumption decreases testosterone production and the levels of circulating androgen in the bloodstream, this decreases not only strength but the resting metabolic rate, energy levels and the rate of recovery from exercise. the higher the BAC the lower test levels will be. consuming alcohol before bed disrupts the sleep cycles and decreases growth hormone (GH) secretion. GH is the most powerful fat burning hormone that the human body produces. alcohol also dehydrates the muscle cells and interferes with the Krebs Cycle which decreases fatty acid metabolism.

in terms of weight/fat loss there is not one positive to consuming alcohol on a regular basis. despite popular belief there is a lot more to weight loss than cals in vs. cals out. it's all about manipulating the endocrine system in a positive manner through the diet and with regular exercise.
    Source(s):
    BS Exercise Science
    IFPA Master Personal Trainer
    25+ years of resistance training experience
    17 years of martial arts training

The strongest men in the world drank. You have to drink A LOT to reduce your testosterone. All the studies I have seen have the subjects consuming more than 10 drinks DAILY.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    lol @ gateway drugs
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I found this on yahoo answers.

Where I stopped reading.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I found this on yahoo answers.

Where I stopped reading.

Booyah..
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    I never met a beer that I didn't like::drinker:

I have .... PBR or the Beast

...or Natty Light/Ice Ugh.

Really, anything that has a canned version. I'm a complete beer snob and proud of it. For me it's craft/micro brews, mostly IPA's but I like to experiment with other styles too.

Try canned beers from The Alchemist (Heady Topper is easily the best IPA I've ever had and it only comes in cans), Oskar Blues, Surly, 21st Amendment, Sierra Nevada, etc and get back to me on your anti-can stance ;)

I had a canned beer recently that was good, a micro brew. I can't remember the name now but it was a little can.

I haven't seen Sierra in cans around here. I wouldn't object to a good IPA in a can. Usually canned beer to me is the "big 3" crap that I wouldn't drink in a bottle or on tap either.

Porkslap
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    OMG I just had a beer and now I want to go find me some crack cocaine.
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Dinner time, to have a beer or red wine or be good and have water? What do you think.
    I did do over 900 calories in exercise today.
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    I wonder what the lowest calorie/highest alcohol beer is.

Flying Dog Raging ***** IPA is 8.3% and something like 250` calories [ETA: the board censored the name, but it is the term for a female dog] it is very delicious, very "flowery" in it's taste if you are new to IPAs it isn't a bad one to try. IPAs can be a bit bitter if you aren't used to them

Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA is 9% and 270 calories, their 60 minute would be a great beer for an IPA newbie, mild and 6%

My favorite is Flying Dog Double Dog double IPA is 11.5% and 340 calories. I'm 6'5" and 330lbs and 3 of them will do me alright (any more and I have issues with my medical problems, it's odd because it isn't the alcohol but the beer and I don't have celiac)

12% is the highest we can get here in ohio. I like IPAs for their strong flavor, and their higher alcohol content

I actually have a hard time choosing between these 3

I'm also a big fan of stone ruination at 7.7% and 231 calories

I'd rather drink 3 of any of these over 4 or 5 "regular" or "lite" beers and as long as I plan ahead they fit into my calories, and I really focus my weekly average instead of a day to day calorie count. I don't weigh myself everyday so I don't worry if I go over one day because most days I find I have plenty of calories left over at the end of the day, I won't eat if I'm not hungry so it all works out
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Dogfish 120 Minute IPA is anywhere from 17-25% alcohol. It's a beer meant to be sipped from a brandy snifter, slowly! I have 1 in the fridge that a friend gave me for my birthday. They are about 10 bucks EACH. They are supposed to store well, like for several years. The one I have is from 2010. I might drink it tonight.