Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ April '10

Options
April Thread for the Fit & Fun Sized Group! Petite size group 5'4 & under. Any short people who need support are welcome!!!

Replies

• LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm 5'2
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Welcome to the group! :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Jzbaby: I responded to your meal replacement shake question but its in March's thread.
  • flipchickmc
    flipchickmc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I'm 4'11.5". :flowerforyou:
  • cindyrey
    cindyrey Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm 5 foot even and I will be 40 this month. I started at 168 now down to 151. feeling a little down today I just want to see the weight come off as fast as the water weight did. I can't do all the exercises everyone else can. I have a heart condition that slows me down and I had shoulder surgey not too long ago so weights are out. The bike is good for me. I use to run before my heart started acting up. I can still run but i have to stop alot and give me an incline and i'm done. So this little short person would like to see 119 again, but i'll take 128 and coming from others my height i don't have to listen to (thats too little) because for my height it isn't.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Thanks Choco, I think I am going to try those. Hi Cindy & Flipchick :flowerforyou:
    I went shopping today and everything I was trying on was too...BIG!! I even bought a size small shirt! :love: I am still in the same size in jeans tho (11-13). :grumble: The bottom half of me is shrinking slower than the top half lol. I did get a pair of medium sweat pants from the juniors dept.. Before I had to buy larges. So that was the highlight of my day :tongue:
  • flipchickmc
    flipchickmc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks Choco, I think I am going to try those. Hi Cindy & Flipchick :flowerforyou:
    I went shopping today and everything I was trying on was too...BIG!! I even bought a size small shirt! :love: I am still in the same size in jeans tho (11-13). :grumble: The bottom half of me is shrinking slower than the top half lol. I did get a pair of medium sweat pants from the juniors dept.. Before I had to buy larges. So that was the highlight of my day :tongue:

Thanks for the welcome!

Isn't fun to go shopping and finding that stuff is now BIG?! I'm finding that I'm wearing more Small/Meds in tops now. My biggest issue is this nasty belly fat. It looks especially lovely since I have a c-sect scar and the belly just flaps over it. Not cute! Hehe.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou: Yippee for April and longer days and warmer temps even for us the north......I've done more walking outdoors lately and i love it.

:flowerforyou: cindyrey not all of us do hard challenging workouts......I am 64 years old----I do yoga and Pilates with my poodles and a DVD at home. I walk, go to line dance classes, and ride my exercise bike.......slow and steady wins the race......so what you can do and take it one day at a time.

:flowerforyou: flipchickmc welcome to the thread...I had the same problem losing weight on top first and having too much tummy, thighs, and saddlebags, but it's starting to get better
    I'll never have a bikini body but at least I won't be embarrassed at the pool if it ever gets warm.
  • jzbaby626
    Options

Thanks for the welcome!

Isn't fun to go shopping and finding that stuff is now BIG?! I'm finding that I'm wearing more Small/Meds in tops now. My biggest issue is this nasty belly fat. It looks especially lovely since I have a c-sect scar and the belly just flaps over it. Not cute! Hehe.

Belly fat is the woorrssttt!!! I HATE it! And it seems to be the most stubborn to get rid of!! I didnt have a c-sect., but I did get some lovely stretch marks during my pregnancy :sad: :grumble: So I feel your pain lol...But I did take my measurements today and I lost 2 inches from my stomach!!! :happy: :love: We WILL win the war against belly fat hahaha. Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend & Easter! :flowerforyou:

edited: And how the heck did I forget to mention that I FINALLY REACHED MY 1ST MINI GOAL AS OF YESTERDAY!!!! It only took me from October til now but I DID IT!!! I am loving seeing the "10 lbs. lost" on my ticker!! SUUUPPPERRR HAPPY LOL :smooched: :drinker: :tongue: :laugh:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and Happy Friday! I'm posting about 3 hours later than normal b/c I have the day off from work and I made myself lay in the bed until about 8 am. I'm still programmed to rise at 5 am so it was a struggle to remain in bed but I did it nonetheless and I'm happy for it. Today is week 5 day 5 of the Insanity program and the Core Cardio and Balance dvd has been completed. I'm still pretty sore all over but I know it's because I've been pushing myself in the workouts so I'm not really going to complain. I just hope I'm ready to take my 3rd Insanity fit test come this Monday.

Anyway, now that the workout is complete and I have the day to myself I'm about to get dressed and head to the nail salon to get a pedicure...WooHoo. It's going to be in the 80's in GA today and I want to enjoy every minute of it. I may also take in a little shopping since my best girlfriends and I will be heading to L.A. next month.

Welcome to all the new members of the fit and fun sized thread. I wish you nothing but the best in your weight loss journey.

Have a great day all and I'll check in a little later.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Enjoy your day off Choco!! Its in the 70's here in PA today so I am going to get my nails re-done & take Jayden to the park to play. L.A sounds like fun!!

Anyway I thought those sweat pants I bought were a Medium, but they must have been put on the wrong hanger cause I just looked at the tag and they are a small!! Wow thats crazy. I dont know what is going on but I love it lol. I will just have to keep them out of the dryer lol. Just had to post that cause I couldnt believe it...
  • cindyrey
    cindyrey Posts: 53
    Options
    thanks,just inpatient. I always feel like people look down on me when I have to keep stopping to get my breath back or I have to sit down for min because I am dizzy.My beta blockers help but their just not enough. I wish I could workout with someone with my holdbacks.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Just saying a quick hello to mark the thread in my topics. I still need to check out the last posts in March's thread.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! Today is week 5 day 6 of the Insanity program. I decided to forego the Core Cardio & Balance dvd and headed to the gym. I completed 30 minutes on the Elliptical and then headed to my kickboxing class. I rocked it out for another 45 minutes. I ended my workout w/a yummy protein shake.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Easter everyone! I'm suppose to begin month 2 of the Insanity program tomorrow and when I looked at the workout schedule I realized I'm suppose to complete the fit test and the 1st month 2 dvd (Max Interval Circuit) on the same day. Since I didn't think I would have the energy nor the time to rock out both of these dvds I decided to complete the fit test today. Here are my results:

Fit Test 1 - Fit Test 2 - Fit Test 3

Switch Kicks: 50 - 70 - 80

Power Jacks: 57 - 70 - 80

Power Knees: 80 - 95 - 110

Power Jumps: 32 - 44 - 62

Globe Jumps: 8 - 10 - 12

Suicide Jumps: 12 - 18 - 21

Push-up Jacks: 20 - 32 - 40

Low Plank Oblique: 40 - 54 - 60

I am very proud of my results but I must admit the fit test kicked my butt today. I was feeling great and strong all the way through the power jumps but after the globe jumps I was wiped out. It took all the strength I had to bring it for the rest of the test which is why I think there is not a bigger improvement w/my suicide jumps, push up jacks and low plank oblique.

In addition to my fit test I also took my measurements and I'm down 1 lb, 1.5% body fat and 3.5 total inches. Not mind blowing stats but progress nonetheless.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Cindy - It is very hard to exercise when you have aches, pains and health issues. Anyone that bothers you is just a naster person, so don't let them get you down.

At the pool where we go swimming I feel like I am just taking up space in the lane as everyone goes faster and farther than I do. A couple of months ago I was sharing a lane with a young (not to mention good looking) man and everytime he caught up and passed me, I apologized for getting in his way and making him swim around me. After the 3rd time he stopped and said that I had no reason to apologize to him as I was there and swimming and trying. He told me to hang in there and keep coming when ever I could and I'd get better and faster just he has. He actually said that 'practice makes perfect or close to it'. He is right. We have nothing to apologize to any one. We are here and we are trying. That is what matters.

I still see the man and it turns out he is a fitness instructor and swims to keep in shape.

I'm a little down. I had to drop out of a forum that I have been in since starting MFP 11/08. I had sort of taken over it when the lady before me had to drop out and now I've done the same. I just don't fit the talking points of the forum any more due to DD's rehab schedule changing my exercise routine. It was a very large forum and it was hard to keep up with everyone and all the topics. I hope it is still going in the fall and I can join back with them at that time.

Have a Happy Easter, a Happy Passover and a great day in general,

Jeannie
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. It was absolutely beautiful in GA so I was able to get out and enjoy the sun. Today I began month 2 of the Insanity program and all I can say is that it's BRUTAL. Week 6 day 1 of the program requires you to complete the Max Interval Circuit dvd and it's an hour long and a killer. While I tried very hard to pace myself I found my heart rate was still very high and 40 minutes into the workout I was ready to give in. However, when Shaun T told me to "Dig Deeper" I did just that and was able to complete the entire workout. I just need to say that the ab circuit (ski abs, push up jacks, in and out abs and oblique abs) and full body drill (mountain climbers, walking push ups and wide run obliques) are PURE EVIL and I dreaded every time we had to do them. Having complained all through this post I will end it on a positive note. I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF FOR STICKING WITH IT AND SO GLAD I GOT UP AT 5 AM AND GOT THE WORKOUT IN.

Question: Does anyone know if you burn more calories when you stay within your heart rate zone or if you exceed it? My hrm tells me how many minutes I spent in, above or below my heart rate zone and I'm interested to find out what kind of difference it makes in my workouts.

Anyway, everyone have a great day!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Question: Does anyone know if you burn more calories when you stay within your heart rate zone or if you exceed it? My hrm tells me how many minutes I spent in, above or below my heart rate zone and I'm interested to find out what kind of difference it makes in my workouts.

Anyway, everyone have a great day!

My yoga instructor says you burn more with intervals (up and down) than with keeping a high pace. Not sure if it really answered your question, but it is all I know about it.

Have a great Monday,

JAM
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Choco- You did great on your fit test! And you are also doing great at keeping motivated after reaching your goal! :drinker:

Jam- Don't worry...if it's a large group I'm sure they will still be there when you are able to return!! :flowerforyou:

I must admit, I've been slacking off in the exercise department lately. :embarassed: I have been staying within my calories (except yesterday), so I am losing, but I need to step it up!! I can not find my scale anywhere today...it seems to have just disappeared. And it is driving me a little CRAZY!!! I am on the verge of the 130's and am so curious if I am there yet & how does a scale just vanish?? I'm sure it will turn up somewhere, but in the mean time i'm going nuts wondering!!! Anyway have a good day ladies :glasses:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all! Today is week 6 day 2 of the Insanity program which means Max Interval Plyo was on the agenda. I woke up late and I must admit not really feeling up to what Shaun T and this dvd was going to bring (my rt knee was bothering me). I couldn't only get through 1 of the 3 warm up intervals (joggin, jumpin jacks, 1-2-3, jump rope, high knees, switch kicks, hit the floor and side/side floor hops). Just the thought of having to do that 2 more times was not appealing so I can't lie I pushed fast forward. Now I did do my best on the rest of the interval circuits but because my knee was bothering me I substituted jumping rope for anything that required a lot of power jumping.

Even though I know many ppl may not know what these exercises are I still wanted to share w/you how INSANE Shaun T and this month 2 Plyo dvd is. Today's workout consisted of:

Switch jumps (start in squat position and jump 180 into another squat position)
    Squat push ups (start in squat position and fall into push up position)
    Wide in and out abs
    Power jumps (jumped rope instead)
    V legged push ups (hard to explain but works the shoulders)
    Pogo (Couldn't do b/c of my knee so I jumped rope instead)
    Globe twists (squats w/a twist)
    Level 3 drills (16 push ups and 16 mountain climbers).....THESE WERE MURDER
    Power lunges/hop squats
    Side push ups (hard to complete but did my best)
    Kickstand touch the floor (hard to explain but required the use of one leg and didn't do b/c knee, so, jumped rope)
    Power knees
    Balance push ups

I WAS SO GLAD WHEN THESE 50 MINUTES WERE UP AND I REALLY HOPE I HAVE THE STRENGTH TO GIVE IT MY ALL TOMORROW!