Heartbreaking Films

Options

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    The notebook-I actually saw this right after my mom passed away. Lord did I sob
    Field of Dreams-At the end. I miss my dad so much, I use to play softball and he and I use to play catch. Again sobbing
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Losing Isaiah
    Beaches
    Terms of Endearment
    Fried Green Tomatoes

I'm sure there are many more, but those are the ones that come to mind right now
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    The first 60 seconds of Garden State make me cry every time.

I also cry every time I watch Forrest Gump and I Am Sam.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I'm not a crier but the first 5 minutes of Up made me sob. So unexpected!! I cried through the entire 'odd life of Timothy Greene' movie. Also unexpected - it looked like a fun kid movie. Every parent in the theatre was a mess! And 'blue valentine' cried through most of it too. That one stuck too close to home.
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My Girl.
    recently watched it after not having seen it since I was younger and started bawling like a baby
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Hotel Rwanda
    I am Sam
    Shawshank Redemption
    Brokeback Mountain
    Steel Magnolias
    Schindler's List
    The color purple.
    Pursuit of happiness
    The boy in the striped pajamas
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    The tragedy at the end of "The Last American Virgin" still haunts me to this day.
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Man on Fire..made me cry so much, i only have to hear the music and start sobbing like a loon lol...

Me too.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Philadelphia
    Armageddon (when Bruce Willis says good-bye to Liv Tyler...I lose it every time)
    Toy Story 3
    Steel Magnolias

Most embarrassing tear jerker moment: I cried when Wilson floated away in Castaway (in my defense, I was pregnant at the time).
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    Marley and Me- I went to see this with my two younger sister and my aunt and all of us were bawling! ETA- Soon after that we actually got a yellow lab and he acted just like marley!
    My sister keeper
    A walk to remember
    Tuck Everlasting- Especially the book. Oh goodness I cried.

My mom cries when watching movies. We always joke that we should ban the lifetime movie channel. She cries during extreme home makeover. I occasionally get a feel from it.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    The Last Song, The Lost Valentine, Time Travelers Wife, Toy Story Three, Up.
  • frygirl01
    frygirl01 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The Mighty
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Haven't read the whole thread, so don't know if anyone has posted it, but

The Stoning of Soraya M.

It's an amazing movie but you are crying nearly the entire way through. It's a rough watch.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Man on Fire..made me cry so much, i only have to hear the music and start sobbing like a loon lol...

Me too.

Am I weird? I don't cry during that movie... It has a couple of my favorite scenes in any movie ever.... I die laughing at multiple parts (one should be obvious)... but yeah, I guess the end is sad... but the awesome torture scenes are just so ridiculous it completely outweighs the sad in my mind.
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Terms Of Endearment - I bawl Like a baby!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Requiem for a Dream is easily the most screwed up film I have ever watched. I love movies with no happy ending, but that one just took the cake. Four diverging stories, all of which end up in the ****ter before it's over.

Schindler's List--- (and I'm not even Jewish)

Requiem for a Dream (and I'm not even a heroin addict).
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Haven't read the whole thread, so don't know if anyone has posted it, but

The Stoning of Soraya M.

It's an amazing movie but you are crying nearly the entire way through. It's a rough watch.

I saw this in the theater. It was hard to swallow! Took everything I had not to get up and walk out...I was so angered at the treatment of this woman, and these poor women in general.
  • tnt7787
    Options
    It really doesn't take much to make me cry. Since having a kid, I cry at commercials :laugh:

Beaches
    Marley & Me (my dog died yesterday and can't even think about watching this for awhile)
    Any movie based off a Nicholas Sparks book, somebody always dies

For those of you that said My Sister's Keeper...the book made me cry even more than the movie
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Twilight - made me cry from laughter. Best. Comedy. EVER.

I don't watch films that are MEANT to upset a person.

But Die Hard made me cry. Oh that man... *sniffle* So brave. So good...
  • Naomi81378
    Naomi81378 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    The sister keeper
    The notebook
    Dear John
    TheLucky one

I know i cried at more..
    And I am sure when I see Safe Heven I will cry at this to. :('