Long hair+ Working out

Options

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I have to wash my hair every day now anyway, even when it's not that long (and it's not thick either) Annoys the hell out of me :/

As far as getting it short goes, I wouldn't want it short and I don't think it suits me. My hair's quite long now, I like it long, although I never wear it down. It annoys me so much when it's down because of wind and the fact that it never stays in place, so it's always tied up. I still keep it this length though because I like it.

Plus with short hair, you have to have it cut regularly to maintain that short style, without it just looking like that middle-half-grown-out stage. Which also would not be good for working out, because it's too long to workout with normally, and too short to tie up. Now THAT would be annoying!.. and I'm not good with regular trips to get my hair cut either.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i used to have really long hair (past boobs)and used to tie it back off the face but it always was messy ect for the rest of the day so i got it cut REALLY short and have kept it like it now for the last 2 1/2 yrs! well untill i have finished my weight loss journey,but i have got a great sylist now and get some serious colours and cuts which you can't do with long hair! :bigsmile:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    My hair looks so much better with dried up sweat in it.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I have to wash my hair every day regardless of my workout schedule. It's super oily. On the rare occasion i don't, I swear by dry shampoo. Walmart sells it here the brand is "Not your mother's" and it's called "clean freak dry shampoo." I'm relatively certain it is just pressurized baby powder. That said, baby powder also works wonders but it's easier/neater to apply in an aerosol can.
  • Fox_n_sox
    Fox_n_sox Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think I will be fat. I had a HORRIBLE hair cut and had to chop it all off ( Though I pulled it off & my hair grows back SO fast) I just pull my hair into a bun on the top of my head. & I have THICK long hair. The salon people have a love/hate relationship with my hair. They love the thickness of it, but they hate it when they have to wash/dry it.
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    yep..same here, but a while back i had it cut short and regretted it, so now i let it get long then cut and thin it out or trim it medium length...long enough for a bun, short enough i dont get migraines...usually jump in shower after a workout anyways, but try switching up the shampoo and conditioner, i started alternating every few weeks and helps alot!
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My hair looks so much better with dried up sweat in it.
    HOT
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I have really long thick hair too, but I'm lucky enough that it doesn't get greasy easily. I sweat like crazy when I work out, but I usually don't need to wash it more than every other day. Actually, not washing it after a workout makes it easier to manage, believe it or not.

I agree that you should try out a dry shampoo. It will work wonders!

Yeah I actually just let the sweat dry on my hair a lot. It doesn't smell and isn't any different from all the fancy "salt sprays" on the market designed to make your hair look tousled and textured.
  • kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just told my hairdresser to take the weight out and ended up with some cute layers too :P
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    My hair is thick and really long as well (below bra band when left down, in a pony the tips reach the top of the band). I Was tossing around the idea of cutting some length off until my girlfriend asked me to stand up in her wedding.... So before making any decisions I decided I should at least consider her impending nuptuals this fall... I asked her "How would you like us to wear our hair?" Without hesitations she said, "No, you can't cut your hair until after the wedding."

LOL Question answered.... I either wear it in a bun or just a flip pony when I work out. It is annoying to have to wash everyday (I sweat like a glass of tea on a summer picnic table) but I would still have to if it were shorter anyway. I also haven't been ablet o wear my hair long in so many years I am intrigued to see how long I can let it get. Waiting until Septemeber might drive me off my rocker LOL
  • carmenni
    Options
    Have you considered

natalie-portman-bald.jpg

:embarassed: :brokenheart: :cry: :sad: i could neverrrrrrr lol
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I say cut it...but then I pretty much keep mine short :laugh:

What's the worse that could happen? Even if you hate it, it's going to grow back out :flowerforyou:
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    As long as its not on you're back don't worry about it:)
  • teampugador
    Options
    I use Dove's dry shampoo. It really helps since I usually wash my hair every other day.
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I recently donated two 14 inch braids to Locks of Love. All you have to do is braid your hair (minimum 10 inches), put it in an envelope, and mail it in. Some little kid out there will appreciate your donation, and you will have a wonderful story behind your cute new haircut!

I am growing mine out to donate after my wedding :smile: It is such a pain to get it to all stay up in a bun while i workout (i HATE sweaty hair sticking to me :noway: ) but it will be worth it to donate it later! Going to look into where the best place to donate it would be...
  • Helenal91
    Options
    Be happy with your hair. I have very thin hair that gets greasy once I have slept.

I would love long thick hair (anyone want to give me some?)
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    If you cut your hair short, it's only going to get worse. It's going to look and get more oily. TRUST ME, I don't have that problem. But when I cut my hair short, I did find myself having that problem.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    men adore thick, long hair, i have to put mine in a ponytail.

^^^^^^^^ This^^^^^^^^^^^

TRUE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Reason #72 that it's better to be a guy. I have long hair. Been washing it daily since I let it grow out in the mid 90's, whether I was working out of not. Special shampoo? Dry shampoo? Conditioner? No, nope, and nadda. Bar of freaking Irish Spring.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    men adore thick, long hair, i have to put mine in a ponytail.

^^^^^^^^ This^^^^^^^^^^^

TRUE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there was an entire thread the other day devoted to how sexy ponytails are. So there's that.