OPI- It's a Girl Thing, You Wouldn't Understand

Options
Breckgirl
Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
I hit my first minny goal of 20 pounds and went and had a fill and pedi to celebrate. I LOVE OPI and the funky names they give their colors. Here are some of my favs...

1) Up the Amazon without a Paddle- Apricot Family

2) Not Really a Waitress-Red Family

3) Relax You're Two Pense-Copper Family

4) Blushingham Palace-Med. Pink

And my current color...Hawaiian Oarchid-Pale Pink

OK Girls, What's your favorite OPI Colors?

Replies

• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    just got my nails tipped today with Pompeii Purple :) We were actually just discussing how great the OPI names are :)
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    :bigsmile: They have a new collection out, based on ALice in Wonderland. Only 4 colours, 2 sparkly purple, a sparkly blue and two different reds! The purple is called Mad as a Hatter, I think It's fantabulous!! (Fantastic & fabulous)

I have Not Really a Waitress on my toes now
  • jessmarrieee
    Options
    I lobe "that's hot! Pink", "metrochic" (sephora by opi), and "my private jet", "Lincoln park after dark". my nails are usually all shades of black. I love Lincoln park after dark because it's a vampy black that appears purple so it isn't so harsh! Oh and I love "mad as a hatter" from the Alice in Wonderland collection. :)
  • jessmarrieee
    Options
    I love "that's hot! Pink", "metrochic" (sephora by opi), and "my private jet", "Lincoln park after dark". my nails are usually all shades of black. I love Lincoln park after dark because it's a vampy black that appears purple so it isn't so harsh! Oh and I love "mad as a hatter" from the Alice in Wonderland collection. :)
  • rach89652
    rach89652 Posts: 26
    Options
    Cajun Shrimp! I love that color!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I've ordered the "Absolutely Alice" for myself as a bit of a splurge.

I really enjoy An Affair in Red Square, and Royal Raja Ruby
  • costil83
    costil83 Posts: 25
    Options
    I love "Romeo and Joliet", and "I'm not really a waitress". I usually go for the wine red colors
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    :bigsmile: They have a new collection out, based on ALice in Wonderland. Only 4 colours, 2 sparkly purple, a sparkly blue and two different reds! The purple is called Mad as a Hatter, I think It's fantabulous!! (Fantastic & fabulous)

I have Not Really a Waitress on my toes now

I was wearing Not Really a Waitress when my room mate and I went out for dinner one night at the local pub. Our waitress took one look at my fingers and yelled "Not Really a Waitress!" To which I replied "I Know!" She held up her hand showing me her perfectly polished "Not Really A Waitress" red nails and said, "Me Too!" To which my room mate replied, "Then could you go find us a waitress, I'm starved?" We both looked at him and busted up laughing...he was serious!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Ok I have to admit, I have a nail polish problem, I have 2 racks (yes like the ones in the salons) FULL... plus probably 30 more in a box, I have sooo many.... some of my favorite colors are "You Blue My Mind" and "Need Sunglasses"... I think the colors are self explanatory lol

~Leash :heart:
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Ok I have to admit, I have a nail polish problem, I have 2 racks (yes like the ones in the salons) FULL... plus probably 30 more in a box, I have sooo many.... some of my favorite colors are "You Blue My Mind" and "Need Sunglasses"... I think the colors are self explanatory lol

A girl after my own heart! I will go without eating to have my nails done!
  • ideretic
    ideretic Posts: 38
    Options
    I just recently bought Pompei Purple and I love it :-)
  • VballLeash
    Options

A girl after my own heart! I will go without eating to have my nails done!

haha seriously! I do my own and everyone elses... I could really make some good money if I charged people especially when I had my whole vball team, they would all come over and pick their color and there I would sit painting for hours, but I love it!

• JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE OPI too... it's my all time fav accessory, and it looks great on all shapes and sizes:laugh: I'll have to look at my colors tonight and post some.

P.S I'm not a huge fan of this new fad in Hollywood (dark navy / black)!
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options

Hello my name is jewel, and I am a nail polish-aholic (kidding, please don't take me seriously) I love the Linkin Park after Dark, too!. Totally love the blacks/purples!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Couleur du moment: Metro Chic - it's Sephora by OPI, :heart: LOOOVE IT!:heart:
    Shopping Frenzy
    Never Enough Shoes
    I'm with Brad
    Yoga-ta get this Blue

these are all Sephora By OPI...
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Currently wearing "Dutch Tulips" on the toes and "My Chihuahua Bites!" on my fingers. I really like "You Don't Know Jacques," "Black Cherry Chutney," "Conquistadora," and one of the purples from last year's Christmas collection... I think it was called "Holiday Glow"? Now I can't remember if that was the name or not.

I'm always in search of "Mod About You" and I can never ever find it in stores. I'm going to have to order it online. It's the most perfectly opaque light pink, I'm not a big fan of sheer colors and this one is light without being too pastel.

I have an OPI obsession. It seems like between the roommate and I we own most of the colors. I am NOT a fan of the new Hong Kong collection.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Ooo - may have to splurge on the Alice purple!!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    You don't know Jacques !!!! I'm obsessed!
  • VballLeash
    Options

Hello my name is jewel, and I am a nail polish-aholic (kidding, please don't take me seriously) I love the Linkin Park after Dark, too!. Totally love the blacks/purples!!

Um I want to take you seriously cause I really am! lol I LOVE that color too!

I like the dark colors in winter, I'm not going to lie I get totally annoyed when I see people with bright pink on in december, I mean COME ON haha

Whats even sadder is I don't think I've seen a color mentioned that I don't have, now I am really starting to realize that its an issue I may have to deal with and get help on lol

• Breckgirl
    Options
    Currently wearing "Dutch Tulips" on the toes and "My Chihuahua Bites!" on my fingers. I really like "You Don't Know Jacques," "Black Cherry Chutney," "Conquistadora," and one of the purples from last year's Christmas collection... I think it was called "Holiday Glow"? Now I can't remember if that was the name or not.

I'm always in search of "Mod About You" and I can never ever find it in stores. I'm going to have to order it online. It's the most perfectly opaque light pink, I'm not a big fan of sheer colors and this one is light without being too pastel.

I have an OPI obsession. It seems like between the roommate and I we own most of the colors. I am NOT a fan of the new Hong Kong collection.

Check out Hawiian Orchid, it's pale pink with a touch of irradesence. It also looks great with black, white and silver nail art.