Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    This is just...WOW!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    What is it with people with scoliosis becoming badass powerlifters? First Lamar Gant, now this woman? I think there might be some secret advantage there once they can work past the pain. ;)

that's my future then.. have a nice bump in my back from scoliosis.. they wanted to do spinal surgery but my mom wouldn't let them touch me..we discovered it too late for a brace..

nice to know what can be done with a bad back..
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This chick is awesome.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! I love this. Thanks for posting.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    This is another picture of her..as a blonde.

AmandaHarris_zps28388ea9.jpg

OMG SO BULKY EWWWW!!

Seriously, this woman has a ton of pics that should be plastered all over every thread where the OP is scared that if she lifts more than 15 lbs she's gonna get hulked out. Really puts those that idea out to pasture.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    she is awesome!
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bad. *kitten*.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    This is ridiculous. I am going to put a poster of her in my workout room for inspo
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mike! Awesome and Wow ,she doesn't even look big and bulky to me!

I think that's the point. This girl is a power lifter yet she doesn't look bulky. Women sometimes are afraid of lifting more than 10 lbs because they think they will get all manly and bulky. This post proves otherwise.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Love it! She is awesome! (Kind of wondering who gave her the nickname though- would be kind of pissed if I worked that hard and people called me Barbie...)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    No more excuses...
    ????
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    BUT back to the OP. that lady is inspiring. i love the idea of teeny little powerhouses!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    If women don't take steroids, they won't have to be concerned about getting bulky.

fixed it for you. :flowerforyou:
  • calisunrise
    Options
    wow. great post
    i find it so inspiring, especially since i'm a scoliosis girl too
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I've reported the post by Health_Gal and requested that her derail + our responses be removed altogether. Hopefully that will save this excellent thread from going into the gutter.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Wow - just wow!

" I was diagnosed with acute scoliosis at the age of eight. The doctors wanted to place me into a Halo brace, which is major surgery where the doctors drill bolts into the skull and insert steel rods down the length of the spine, and finish it off with a corset looking device to keep me from twisting. I was also born with cleft feet and had to wear leg braces for the first 2 years of my life just so that I could learn to walk properly."

This quote bears repeating!

I am re-repeating this quote as someone appears to have totally missed the point.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    AWESOME
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    This made me smile

2f836e41-4abb-4219-bb40-159061164c6c.jpg

fixed the size but now you can't read it - but you get the idea. sorry :grumble:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    She trained herself past the limitations. She OVERCAME. She didn't just throw 400lbs on her scoliosis back one day and decide to lift it, she worked up to it safely.