200+ (Week 24) Shrinking into Summer

Options

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    SAAAAAAA WEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!

Just got an email from mgt....they are letting us leave an hour early today. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm slipping out early as well Weighed in yesterday and I am down to 239.8. Another 4 lbs lost woo hoo!!! Not the same as what I weigh at home but that's okay,. I can live with it. Everyone have a happy holiday!!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    My I just found you guys...I come here and my goodness...I now have to catch up like crazy,,,the Grandkids are here so I can't be on long right now..... we are going to color eggs and bake cookies and such.....

Good news...2 pounds gone for me this week...204.8...woo hoo!!!

I really have to run...I'll atch up as soona s I can!!

Cds...your momma bear remark caught my eye....it doesn't get any easier...even when they are older......just the love I guess....no one dare hurt them......it could get ugly!! :wink:

Hugs everyone....hope you all had good weigh-in's!!!
  • spfraser
    spfraser Posts: 17
    Options
    A bit disapointed, but I guess I expected it. Up 0.9 this week. I really worked hard the last 4 days, but prior to that I was so disenchanted that I ate like a fiend for 4 days. So I guess it was to be expected... My aim is to get through this next week without getting discouraged and see a loss on friday. Lacylala, you're right. I really have to watch it on the weekends to be successful, especially this weekend, with it being Easter. The week days a re so much easier for me because I have structure. On the weekends, I'm much more influenced by my family, who are not on board with my mission. Ya'll have a great weekend, and thanks for the support!:flowerforyou:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    spfraser- I don't know if this is the case for others, but I find I notice a drop on a scale after taking a day off from serious exercise. Obviously, the exercise helps me get to that point, but yeah, that might be the case with you as well.

deb- congrats on the 2 pounder this week. NICE!

So, I think I'm going to go to the mall after all today. I have a conference call in a few, then I'm going to go home, and then hit the road. I'm looking for new pants and just want to peruse a bit- haven't been to that mall before. And I LOATHE going to them on the weekends. So, probably no rec center today. I do plan on going tomorrow and doing something at home Sunday (center is closed for the holiday). If it's still nice and light out, I might go for a run or just a walk when I get home.

Keep it up gals! Such an inspiration!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    (((((((((((((super big hug))))))))))))))))) to all that are having a bad day with weight, family and life!!!!!!!!!

It's gorgeous here 87 and sunny. I just spent 2 hours shopping and filled 2 1/2 carts at the stores. Now I have to put it all away (sighs). I don't think I'm going to have time for a run today. Mom wants to do an aerobic workout with me and I have the walk to dinner at 5:30. There's always tomorrow.

Great job Debra and Carolyn!!!!!!! Your losses are great.

There was so much posted that I can't respond to everyone now. I have to get those groceries put away before they melt.
  • jadegem_2002
    jadegem_2002 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So right now i'm watching MVT True life: I'm obese. It makes me feel really sad bc i feel the same way as these ppl. I do feel like i'm trapped in my own body. But it makes me feel more motivated to get this fat off me. No pitty party here. I know what i have to do.
  • jadegem_2002
    Options
    anyone have a good recipe for chicken parm..
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    C25k Wk1 Day 2 kicked my butt. And my left knee kinda bothered me a little bit. I didn't go as fast as I did the other day, but it doesn't matter. I still did it.

Although I also have to admit I skipped one of the times I was supposed to run, so I stayed on 5 minutes longer and jogged for a minute then.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Way To Go Kendal!!! It was fine to do it the way you did. One more time and week 1 is done!!!

jadegem - sorry I don't have any recipes for chicken P. Let me know if you find a good one.

We are taking a short break from watching 2012. So far it's a pretty good movie. Now I just need some popcorn. Maybe next break. The smoker is in so I gotta run.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Baked Chicken Parmesan (from Sparkpeople)

Ingredients

1 1/2 or 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1/4 cup egg substitute
    1/2 cup breadcrumbs
    1 1/2 cups lite tomato sauce
    2 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
    1/4 tsp basil
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp oregano

Directions
    Rinse chicken breast6 and dip into the egg substitute. Mix in another bowl the breadcrumbs, basil, oregano and garlic powder. Place next to egg substitute. Dip chicken from egg into breadcumbs and coat well.

Pour 1/2 cup tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking pan. Place breaded chicken breast in pan.

Using the remaining sauce, cover each chicken breast. Even sprinkle the shredded cheese over each chicken breast.

Cover pan with aluminum foil.

Bake in preheated over 375F for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 10-15 minutes longer to allow cheese to melt and chicken is cooked through.

Serve with pasta or your favorite vegie.

Number of Servings: 4

Nutritional Info

* Servings Per Recipe: 4
    * Amount Per Serving
    * Calories: 120.6

* Total Fat: 3.4 g
    * Cholesterol: 17.9 mg
    * Sodium: 634.7 mg
    * Total Carbs: 12.9 g
    * Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g
    * Protein: 11.4 g
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Ahhh Fridays and Grrr Fridays! I did not get to the gym. I got off work late and changed plans....working tomorrow, going to gym and walfart for groceries. So we went to the mall to see How to Train Your Dragon. I ate an Arby's melt and some fries (the Grrrr part) and then watched the movie (the Ahhhh part). Movie was super super good! Excellent in fact.

The Arby's melts, which I love, did not taste as good as usual because we had to kindof hurry (grrr) Now we are at home sitting on the couch watching Olivia (Ahhhh) and I am going to go to bed here in a few minutes (Super Ahhhh) and put my nose in a book for a few (Super Duper Ahhhhh)

I am expecting to stay at 206 when I weigh tomorrow. I went over cals by like 150, not bad. The rest of the weekend I am still making myself a goal of not overeating. It will be hard but it can be done!

Good night all!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Here's a couple more I just found on Dr. Oz.com

Crouton Breaded Chicken

Hands-on Time: 8 minutes
    Hands-off Time: 6 hours (or overnight) to marinate; 8-10 minutes to preheat the oven
    Makes 2 servings

195 calories

29 g protein

11 g carbohydrates

2 g fat

<1 g saturated fat

67 mg cholesterol

0 g fiber

265 mg sodium

Ingredients

2 (4-oz) trimmed boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness

1/3 cup reduced-fat buttermilk

Olive oil spray (from a spray bottle, not a store-bought, prefilled one that contains propellant)

1 oz fat-free herb-seasoned croutons

Directions

Place the chicken breasts in a medium resealable plastic bag. Pour the buttermilk over them and seal the bag. Let them soak 6 hours, or overnight, turning once or twice.

Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly mist a small non-stick baking pan or sheet with olive oil spray. Add the croutons to another resealable plastic bag. Pound them into very fine crumbs with the flat side of a meat mallet. Transfer the crumbs to a medium shallow bowl. Remove 1 breast from the bag and let any excess buttermilk drip off. Dip it into the crouton crumbs, covering the breast completely. Place the breaded breast on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the second breast. If crumbs remain, press them into the tops of the breasts.

Lightly spray the chicken breasts with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes. Flip them, being careful not to remove the coating. Lightly spray with olive oil and continue to bake for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until the coating is crisp and the chicken is no longer pink inside. Serve immediately.

Unbelievably Easy Chicken Parmesan

Hands-on Time: 12 minutes
    Hands-off Time: 6 hours (or overnight) to marinate, 8 to 12 minutes to preheat the oven

Makes 2 servings

228 calories

31 g protein

14 g carbohydrates

3 g fat

<1 g saturated fat

70 mg cholesterol

1 g fiber

419 mg sodium

Ingredients

2 prepared Crouton Breaded Chicken breasts (from the above recipe)

1/4 cup low-fat marinara sauce (low-sodium, if possible)

1/2 oz (2 ½ tbsp) finely shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (no more than 3 g of fat per oz)

1 tsp grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese (look for it in a plastic container or jar – not in the refrigerated section)

Directions

Follow the directions for the Crouton Breaded Chicken, using fat-free Italian or Caesar-seasoned croutons instead of the herb-seasoned ones if you can find them (if you can’t, the herb-seasoned ones are a great second choice).

During the last 2 minutes of baking, top each chicken breast with half of the sauce, half of the mozzarella, and half of the parmesan. Bake until the sauce is warm, the cheese is melted, and the chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately.

Recipes taken from I Can’t Believe It’s Not Fattening by Devin Alexander. Copyright c 2010 by Devin Alexander. Published by Broadway Books, a division of Random House, Inc.
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    walfart for groceries.

lmao i love this i actually work for walmartand i usually call it hellmart or my own personal hell on earth.:laugh: :laugh:

well good news i am down to 229 one whole pound from last week ******cartwheels**********twirls*************does a happy dance****** i love it that it is slowly coming off. i hope that means it will stay off..

victoria- congrats on the loss. i think your scale and my scale are related. mine has started a love affair with me now. and if he keep showing me a lower number each time i will continue the affair, but if not i might throw him out the window.:angry::laugh:

kendal- great job on doing the c25k i want to do it but i don't think i can handle it yet. maybe when i have a better relationship with exercise i will be able to. but right no things are very dysfunctional between me and exercise. lol

anywho, i did a little over 5 minute on the elliptical today. i could barely stand but i did it and i am slowly getting better and staying on longer. i have exercised for the last 4 days straight whether it was walking at the park or going to the gym. i have to say i feel alot better on days that i get some kind of cardio in that when i don't. well super heros i need to get some shut eye. early day coming for me.

Super job for all those who lost this week and if you didnt lose or gained,dont get discouraged. tomorrow is anew day and a new chance to shed some pounds! it will happen if you want it enough to try!!

good night ladies!!!!!

Amber
  • jadegem_2002
    Options
    thanks so much. i made one tonight but i'mma try the first one you posted.
  • jadegem_2002
    Options
    yah it's cool. i made one from and had to add up all the cal.s myself. it was super yummy.

In other new today I'm feeling a tad bit ****y. i need to hide my scale. i get on it like everyday and my weight is going up and down. Yes i know i shouldnt be weighing myself everyday but i'm just crazy i guess. i have been eating right. Or atleast i thought i was. I've been counting my cal.s and eating under 1600 cal.s with barely any junk. so i'm sad. Plus i have worked my *kitten* off this week. hopefully i will see some results next week. I'm just gonna do slimfast and my soy shakes all next week for all my meals and fruit to snack on and throw in some carrots or what not. I'm super pissed.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    walfart for groceries.

lmao i love this i actually work for walmartand i usually call it hellmart or my own personal hell on earth.:laugh: :laugh:

well good news i am down to 229 one whole pound from last week ******cartwheels**********twirls*************does a happy dance****** i love it that it is slowly coming off. i hope that means it will stay off..

victoria- congrats on the loss. i think your scale and my scale are related. mine has started a love affair with me now. and if he keep showing me a lower number each time i will continue the affair, but if not i might throw him out the window.:angry::laugh:

Lacey - LMAO too!!!

Amber - If you and your scale break up, talk to Debra. She has a shot gun and threatened to shot her scale:wink: Nice job on the loss this week and it's wonderful that you're getting the exercise bug. Warning once it bites, you go through withdrawl when you skip it.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Carolyn the recipes look so good, I am tempted to change the weekend menu. But, it shall stick since I already have the food. Reubens and guacamole for lunch and hamburgers for dinner today. Tomorrow is lamb chops. Now, I'm hungry. I better go eat some breakfast - greek yogurt and fresh fruit.

4 people still need to report weights for the chart - Melaestel, Jadegem, MrsBojangles, and Tamaraj

I am going to try and make more dehydrated fruit for our trip next weekend. Last time the banana did well but the cranberries didn't. I bought extra bananas and have a pineapple that I need to cut up. I'll keep you posted on the results.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    In other new today I'm feeling a tad bit ****y. i need to hide my scale. i get on it like everyday and my weight is going up and down. Yes i know i shouldnt be weighing myself everyday but i'm just crazy i guess. i have been eating right. Or atleast i thought i was. I've been counting my cal.s and eating under 1600 cal.s with barely any junk. so i'm sad. Plus i have worked my *kitten* off this week. hopefully i will see some results next week. I'm just gonna do slimfast and my soy shakes all next week for all my meals and fruit to snack on and throw in some carrots or what not. I'm super pissed.

I used to weigh myself daily but quit when I realized I was discouraging myself by seeing the daily fluxuations of life. Especially when I knew I had been "bad" the day before....I didn't need to see it go up. I would eat right for the next day or two and then weigh myself. I still only "weigh in" on Fridays, but I occasionally check it throughout the week just to get a general idea of how I'm doing. I'm less concerned about the number now though because I care more about the fact that I'm exercising just about everyday of the week. It may not show on the scale, but I can tell I'm getting more "Athletic"...hahaha....I just called myself athletic. But seriously...my heart rate doesn't jump as high as it used to and I can go for longer and people are coming to me asking about calories and exercise :bigsmile: Its kinda cool.

I think I might have overextended my knee yesterday while jogging. I'm sad to say I don't think I'm going to work out today or tomorrow so I can give it a good rest before I go for day 3 of c25k. I signed up for a 3.5 mile March of Dimes charity walk thats in about 3 weeks and I'm going to take Lexi with me so I'm going to HAVE to get out to the park to keep her in shape. When we walk at the park, we normally do 2 miles. I would like to try to go further a couple times so she'll get used to walking longer. I think she'll be fine. I had posted a topic here about it and everyone reassured me she'll be fine. The park is a 1/3 mile track, so 3 laps is a mile....I lose track all the time of how many times I go around....any suggestions?

My mom wants to have a family dinner tomorrow so my sister can show off her ring. My sister has already been showing it off like crazy on facebook so everyone knows the story of how he proposed. Still, I don't want to be the sour puss cranky pants so the bff and I have made plans to be out of town. My sister deserves to be happy, I'm glad that her boyfriend are engaged (we all figured they would anyways)....I'm just still dealing with my own snit right now.

Anyways, I'm gonna get off here and get my day started. Thinking I might take my camera out and take some Spring pictures if I have time. :smile:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    yah it's cool. i made one from and had to add up all the cal.s myself. it was super yummy.

DON'T get discouraged. I worked out like a madwoman and ate perfectly for about 7-8 weeks before I saw any changes on the scale at all. Not even in measurements did I see changes. I saw them physically in the mirror with my lower body but that is it. If you haven't worked out in a while it might just take some time to get going and get used to the fact that this exercise is sticking around and not something temporary.
    Also, eat whole foods. You will feel better physically and mentally. I seriously believe that mental happiness is about 65% of losing weight. If you think you are losing weigh, then you probably are. The moment you get upset and start getting negative, you stop. I know this is the case for me. Don't "punish" your body and your mind with slimfast and soy shakes. Keep going, give it some time and when you feel you are starting getting down tell yourself I Am losing weight! I am losing weight! and put a smile on. I've had to do that a few times...stupid power of positive thinking! LOL