If you didn't have a significant other...?

Options

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I would be over-extending myself, saying "yes" to too many things. He taught me that sometimes I need to just be home, or just "be" ....
  • leska1216
    Options
    I don't have a significant other or another. However, I do have a boyfriend who lives in another town and we see each other every 2 weeks or so. Talk most evenings.

Does he stop me from doing things I like to do? No, of course not. But I do make him get up and do things with me. I get bored very easily and don't like warm rooms, so it's outside for another walk!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'd be looking for someone like him.

But I'd also likely have even more cats than I have now, which would probably scare him off. Heck if HE had as many or more cats as we have now, it would have scared ME off!

You have to gradually ease into being crazy cat people. :blushing:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    If I were a divorce attorney I'd be handing quite a few of you my business card.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    If I were a divorce attorney I'd be handing quite a few of you my business card.
    Right?

Starting to think it might be time for a career change..
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    I'd be very sad and lonely.... I can't imagine life without my BF.
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    when i am single, i am much more focused on my own success. i guess this is because maintaining a healthy and vibrant relationship is really important to me and often takes precedence over other things because i find it so rewarding. for example, when i am seeing someone, i am less likely to put *as much* effort into my school work, occupation and platonic friendships. it's really not healthy is it? i'm also in MUCH better shape when i'm single because i feel the need to look tip-top for the opposite sex :p
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I'd be cranky. She's pretty awesome.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'm awesome with or without my bf. It's not 50/50, it's 100/100. Gotta stay your own person and work on you until you die. Otherwise you're not really living.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i'd probably be the same. There wouldnt be much difference.
    I have me, myself and I.
    and the kids.
    seems fine to me.

i'd probably be 10 pounds lighter also.
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Find a sugar mamma so I could quit and stay home full time with my girls.

Hahaha. Sounds good!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I would have freaky sex with strangers. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

I knew there was a reason I was single.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I had a "significant other" for 20 years. He was the sweetest *kitten* you'll ever find. He could sell sand in the desert. Some of the many things I do, now that I don't have to fight for everything I want? I weight-lift is the number one thing. I eat whatever boring healthy food I want, when I want. I stay up till 4 in the morning if I want. I sleep in till 12 if I want. I work over-time if I want. I actually have girl friends that I go to bars with...imagine a grown adult being able to do that and still remember to come home haha I go visiting on weekends if I want. I go jogging when I want. I go for a walk when I want. I talk to my family when I want. I do the dishes when I want. I buy groceries when I want. I play my own kinda music..... LOUD. I have pillows on my bed...lots and lottsa pillows. Well I could go on forever. I love being on my own. Can ya tell?
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I would probably still be a *kitten* if I didn't have a husband now
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options
    Odds are I would get more action single than married lol.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    loving-the-single-life.gif

Hoping to be taken soon...........
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    His name is Ed and it would not be so much "different" as "as frequently as possible".

That being said, I love my husband and all that he does for me. I just wish we didn't have to deal with DOD- mandated separations.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I would have freaky sex with strangers. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

Hahahaa same!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i would be spending way more money on rent, and hey that would suck.
    i really dont think i would be doing anything differently. if i wanna go out with my friends, thats no prob. i just check to see if hes free and wants to join, or make sure he doesnt have anything in mind or planned already.
    and i would be cooking less since i cook for both of us, but that really isnt a big deal.
    i prolly wouldnt have cable either since hes the one who wanted to get it lol.
    nothing really to crazy, i do the same things i did when i was single (minus that freaky sex with strangers LOL)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have a significant other, I'd be dating women. LOL

same here. if this relationship fails for some reason, i'm going back to girls