If you didn't have a significant other...?

Options

Replies

• XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I would have freaky sex with strangers. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

I mean.....what more needs to be said?

^^this
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Positives? Without him I would never step on a d4, broken miniature yet to painted, or knock over a four foot stack of Magic The Gathering Cards that he "swears" is "organized just in the right way!".

Oh god, Magic cards are everywhere in my apartment. I could wallpaper my place with the ones on the floor!

I'd pay double the rent. I'd have no one to game with. I'd watch more horror movies and my collection of "personal massagers" would be at least doubled. I'd have more friends, but more drama.
    I might weigh less but I'd be lonelier.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I had a "significant other" for 20 years. He was the sweetest *kitten* you'll ever find. He could sell sand in the desert. Some of the many things I do, now that I don't have to fight for everything I want? I weight-lift is the number one thing. I eat whatever boring healthy food I want, when I want. I stay up till 4 in the morning if I want. I sleep in till 12 if I want. I work over-time if I want. I actually have girl friends that I go to bars with...imagine a grown adult being able to do that and still remember to come home haha I go visiting on weekends if I want. I go jogging when I want. I go for a walk when I want. I talk to my family when I want. I do the dishes when I want. I buy groceries when I want. I play my own kinda music..... LOUD. I have pillows on my bed...lots and lottsa pillows. Well I could go on forever. I love being on my own. Can ya tell?
    ^^^^^^^THAT^^^^^^^^^ only 26 years :noway:
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    If you didn't have a significant other, what would you be doing differently?

I would have ordained as a Buddhist monk and possibly living in SE Asia.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm single, so i do whatever i want.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I would have freaky sex with strangers. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

:drinker:

You are officially my hero! LOL!
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I would probably be sloppy drunk in a bar...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have gained confidence and the courage to try so many things BECAUSE of my husband. He's the one who pushes me to go try those things I want to do.

This. I swear, he hears that little voice in my head that tells me I wish I could do that, and encourages me to do it. I have stepped out of my comfort zone a lot since being with him. To be fair, I push myself, but it always helps he is there to encourage me if I start to doubt.

I'd also laugh a lot less. Although I think I'd sleep better - he snores.

I'd probably also be very unhappy in a relationship with a great guy who just was not the guy for me. (I didn't cheat)

And I'd be 1dogrunning or 30dogsrunning. If I was single, I'd be the dog lady, not a cat lady.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm single, so i do whatever i want.

:drinker:

You and I both.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    To be honest my boyfriend has helped me become a better person. I am a very shy person usually and he has pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me try things I would've regretted not doing. He also supports me in my healthy eating and exercising. So without him I would be a shy, lonely, and unhealthy girl to scared to try anything new.
  • txgrl76
    Options
    I had a "significant other" for 20 years. He was the sweetest *kitten* you'll ever find. He could sell sand in the desert. Some of the many things I do, now that I don't have to fight for everything I want? I weight-lift is the number one thing. I eat whatever boring healthy food I want, when I want. I stay up till 4 in the morning if I want. I sleep in till 12 if I want. I work over-time if I want. I actually have girl friends that I go to bars with...imagine a grown adult being able to do that and still remember to come home haha I go visiting on weekends if I want. I go jogging when I want. I go for a walk when I want. I talk to my family when I want. I do the dishes when I want. I buy groceries when I want. I play my own kinda music..... LOUD. I have pillows on my bed...lots and lottsa pillows. Well I could go on forever. I love being on my own. Can ya tell?
    ^^^^^^^THAT^^^^^^^^^ only 26 years :noway:

I have all of that.... WITH A HUSBAND.. Lucky girl I suppose! :flowerforyou:
  • KainStar
    KainStar Posts: 197
    Options
    Well, it'd be hard to even think/imagine differently. I am 22 and I've been with my SO since I was 15 and we have a daughter together. I wouldn't want it any other way. Then again I haven't really been with anyone else or alone for awhile. I wouldn't know.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Everything in its own season with proper balance.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'll answer this in a different way.
    Two weeks ago I broke up with my boyfriend. He was a great guy, no doubt, but he liked staying home, doing the same things. Since we broke up I went hiking, dancing and drinking with my friends (not at the same time of course). Those are things I hardly did when we were together because he didn't like those things all that much.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have a husband, I would be able to stay home with the kids every single night instead of getting away sometimes to practice martial arts. I also would have nobody to hold hands with when I go for a walk, nobody to shake my booty for when I'm dancing, nobody to compete with on push-ups, nobody to text about what I'm having for lunch during the day, nobody to rub my sore muscles for me after a workout, and nobody to snuggle up to as I fall asleep at night.
    I think I'll keep him.
  • TheMattyExperiment
    TheMattyExperiment Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    loving-the-single-life.gif

Hoping to be taken soon...........

I gotcha :wink:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    loving-the-single-life.gif

Hoping to be taken soon...........

I gotcha :wink:

@TheMattyExperiment OMG I cant breath, you just cyber hijacked my :heart: Roaaar.. :love:
    I gt u smethn :flowerforyou:
  • wldrose75
    Options
    Without my significant other (who I wouldn't trade for anything), I'd be a major cougar. Oh, wait! I already am. I just don't get to touch... :laugh:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I would take up boxing, and get a six pack.
    Become obsessed with my friends on MFP
    Spend way too much time on the forums
    Make a crazy amount of amazing friends
    Fall for a beast on my friends list
    Wish I could travel to go meet him
    hope and pray for some way to go dancing with my GF Nicole
    look for an excuse to have an MFP in Vegas party..

oh...

wait...

hehe, nevermind...
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I would still be a workaholic with a temper. Probably a fat workaholic with a temper. He centers me and makes me want to be as good a person as he is. Now if I had a baby sitter there is a world of things I would do!