I weight myself every....

Options
124»

Replies

• 8Sam12
    8Sam12 Posts: 61
    Options
    I don't weigh myself all that often, especially as I've not noticed any weight loss yet (been at this a couple of weeks). I was wondering, for the ladies, have you found that your cycle effects your weight? I was planning on weighing myself once a month but wondering during what part of the cycle would be best?
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and every evening. My evening weigh in helps show me what kind of water weight my diet and exercise caused that day and sets me up to play my nightly guessing game of what will my weight be tomorrow morning?

I do look forward to getting this last bit off so I can stop obsessing with the stupid scale, though!

This is funny because I thought I was the only person who did this!!
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Weighing every morning is NOT good.
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    4-6 weeks, otherwise I don't see a big enough difference to spur me on
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself as soon as I get up and when I get home from work. I'm used to what I should weigh when and so can see if I'm loosing anything. I only record it once a week. I find if I stop weighing myself I find it harder to make myself accountable for what I am eating.
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday - first thing in the morning after using the restroom - but only log maybe every week or two. Like knowing how what I am eating and what I am doing reacts on the scale.

edited to show time of day :)
  • tomatini
    tomatini Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I weight myself whenever I feel like it because sometimes I'm curious how much weight I've "lost" after I pee or something, haha. But I only record my official weight once every week or every other week, because of the obvious fluctuations that can happen from day to day.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i weigh in twice a day also. I always like to know how much im fluctuating and usually i know if im around certain number at night, i will be around a certain number in the morning. Also, the scale keeps me going. If i see a bad number i work harder and if i see a good number i try and stay on track. The scale is also a tool for me. I dont become obsessed with the number i see.
  • jacie87
    jacie87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every morning. Now, it's once a week, if that. I take measurements every two weeks and officially record them once a month.

WHY?

Stress. Our bodies daily fluctuate in weight by a few ounces to a few pounds, depending on your size, water intake, sodium intake, exercise, etc. Seeing that number go up on the scale in the morning may not be the best indicator of whether at the end of the week, your body is really losing weight. If you at all have any anxiety or stress issues, I highly advise against weighing daily. Seeing those fluctuations first thing in the morning can be distressing. In my case, it could lead to a whole day of being upset that I "gained" half a pound, when in reality, my body was retaining water, repairing muscles, and dropping weight the next day.

Continuing, why not wait until the end of the week and see bigger jumps of the scale going down? Plus, if you are honestly tracking your caloric intake and exercise, there's no need for the scale! Your weight will go down.

Plus, do we all really want our weight to go down or do we want our SIZE to go down? Taking measurements can be a very powerful tracking tool for weight loss and fitness.

Anyway, to summarize, in my opinion there's no need for daily weigh-ins. They can cause unnecessary stress or anxiety to those who put a lot of stock in the number on the scale. Longer weigh-in periods and measurements give a much more accurate picture of your weight loss journey.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I haven't owned a scale in about 5 years. I weigh myself at the gym, doctors office or at a friends' place if they have a bathroom scale. It happens every few months or so.
    I measure. Sometimes weekly. usually a couple of times a month.
  • Fuzzyjon13
    Options
    Daily
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    maybe every few weeks...our scales have broken and I would rather spend the $$ on something else. I just use the free scales at our local pharmacy
  • Khole02
    Options
    I use to weigh myself every week, Now I try once a month.. I do have to say that month takes forever :)
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Every day, at least once a day. I like to know what certain activities do to my body. I only weigh in once every week to two weeks.