INSANITY WORKOUT starting feb. 17 , 2013!!

Options

Replies

• AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Just finished Month 1 today :D going into recovery week then on to Month 2!!!! Goood luck!!!! :D
  • cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just finished Month 1 today :D going into recovery week then on to Month 2!!!! Goood luck!!!! :D

Yay! good job!

rest day today, so no insanity just a walk/run with the dog.
  • Lostone31
    Lostone31 Posts: 57
    Options
    Finished my last workout of week 3 and have been kind of out of it the past week. I feel waaaaay better after getting my vitamin supplements that I havent had for a week. Hope next week will be better.

I also started strong lifts 5x5, but I sort of refuse to start at the beginning weight.... So I found my close to 5rep maxes and have started working my way up from that. My bench is more than my squats :(
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Finished week 6 today!!! If anyone is looking for support and motivation along the way feel free to add me :)
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    So, something has been going on with me lately.. I have been getting Migranes right when I first wake up, and I feel so TIRED. My body feels weak. I think I really need to start eating my workout calories back or something. It could be TOM coming too, I don't know. I did cardio abs and the warm up to max cardio conditioning (bc my disk still isn't fixed for pure cardio) I feel like a slacker.
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    So, something has been going on with me lately.. I have been getting Migranes right when I first wake up, and I feel so TIRED. My body feels weak. I think I really need to start eating my workout calories back or something. It could be TOM coming too, I don't know. I did cardio abs and the warm up to max cardio conditioning (bc my disk still isn't fixed for pure cardio) I feel like a slacker.

its funny you mentioned TOM and that dang headache, same thing happened to me on the first 2 days. But i just did the best i could with it all..... i eat back my calories but i try to stay under a couple hundred but sometimes i just FAIL lol..... have you tried googling the pure cardio? i know theres some videos on VIMEO that i've had to search for because im borrowing the dvds and there was a couple not in the box... Dont feel like a slacker, the fact that you ARE moving and making the effort -vs- nothing at all is awesome in itself. Especially if TOM is in the forecast...
  • Justjamie0418
    Options
    I guess I am getting a little discouraged too, when I was working out at the gym and doing p90x I was only eating about 1200-1400 calories and under 30 g of fat... I was seeing weight loss. Now I'm doing insanity RELIGIOUSLY and the scale is barely moving and it ALWAYS moves fast at first because I am going from 2000+ calories a day to 1200. I know slow and steady and that a lot of people don't notice a lot of weight loss on the scale but it's just a thing for me. My body fights back so hard when I get under 170. I don't know why because 170 isn't that small.
  • accoladeuk
    Options
    just finished day 9 today ready for day 10 tomorrow :)

no weight loss yet, but feel leaner and fitter. I dont have a heart rate monitor. But I push myself as much as I can. So I'm not overly concerned about tracking my calories burned. Im eating healthy every day and working hard so thats enough for my piece of mind.

Well done to everyone who is cracking on with the program :)
  • cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    finished day 8 cardio power and resistance. I am just loving Insanity! Im down an inch off my waist already! (now if only my butt would shrink....)
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ahh, a beloved rest day today. I think today is the first day I've completely taken off from some sort of workout in over a month. Yesterday I did insane abs and plyo circuit.

Jamie, have you been tracking your measurements? Many people that don't see much movement on the scale will still see improvements in their measurements and that will tell you what you are doing is working! The scale can and often does lie. Don't let the scale get you discouraged! Also a sudden jump from 2000 cals to 1200 cals a day is huge and your body could be rebelling against just a large change. Maybe try 1600-1800 for a week or two and see if that helps. Personally I am still seeing some weight come off at 1900-2100 per day.
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2. Cardio Power & Resistance. I'm also adding in some P90x starting Tuesday (waiting on my dvd's to get here)

I've heard a lot of people saying they gained weight the first week. How did all off you girls (and guys!) do??

I'm currently doing a weight loss challenge and tomorrow is my weigh in so I'm super nervous. Since I don't do just Insanity I'm hoping I didn't gain. I run (25+ miles a week) as well as Jillian Michaels extreme shed and shred.
  • Justjamie0418
    Options
    Today was measurement day. I lost 1 in on my waist, .5 in on my thighs, 1.5 accrossvmy bust/chest, my belly, and hips stayed the same, and my bicep gained a. 5 inch??? Im starting week three tomorrow super excited to do the fit test. Today is my rest day but because I kinda slacked yesterdat and ate bad food today, Im going in an hour early and hitting the elliptical.
  • Lostone31
    Lostone31 Posts: 57
    Options
    tomorrow is going to determine how I will continue to do Insanity with strong lifts... my arms are too small at 14 5/8 inches. I want them between 18-20 in like in high school. I dont want to be scrawny. My chest is at 43 in and I want it at 48 again.

I would like to not only look strong, but actually be strong.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Today was measurement day. I lost 1 in on my waist, .5 in on my thighs, 1.5 accrossvmy bust/chest, my belly, and hips stayed the same, and my bicep gained a. 5 inch??? Im starting week three tomorrow super excited to do the fit test. Today is my rest day but because I kinda slacked yesterdat and ate bad food today, Im going in an hour early and hitting the elliptical.

Lol my biceps went up too! There getting toned don't worry :) it's all the push-ups. And see you are losing but your body might be retaining water weight from the muscles . Don't stress about it focus on measurements :)
    Ps Tom and migraines was the same for me and my cousin we did an Internet search and found it happens do to hard excersie / pushing your body. Next month it shouldn't happen you'll be used to it . Keep pressing play :)
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    tomorrow is going to determine how I will continue to do Insanity with strong lifts... my arms are too small at 14 5/8 inches. I want them between 18-20 in like in high school. I dont want to be scrawny. My chest is at 43 in and I want it at 48 again.

I would like to not only look strong, but actually be strong.

Lift! It's gonna take awhile to get there but lift ! Let us know if you keep on with insanity or not :)
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    I'm on Week 2. Cardio Power & Resistance. I'm also adding in some P90x starting Tuesday (waiting on my dvd's to get here)

I've heard a lot of people saying they gained weight the first week. How did all off you girls (and guys!) do??

I'm currently doing a weight loss challenge and tomorrow is my weigh in so I'm super nervous. Since I don't do just Insanity I'm hoping I didn't gain. I run (25+ miles a week) as well as Jillian Michaels extreme shed and shred.
    The only gain you'd have would be water retention, if you have one it'll fall off as soon as your body gets used to it :)
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    finished day 8 cardio power and resistance. I am just loving Insanity! Im down an inch off my waist already! (now if only my butt would shrink....)
    My tummy got smaller too :)! My butt seems to be getting bigger /toned tho :/ haha
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    Ahh, a beloved rest day today. I think today is the first day I've completely taken off from some sort of workout in over a month. Yesterday I did insane abs and plyo circuit.
    Rest days are so nice hope you enjoyed it :)!
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    one more day and im in recovery week!!! i suppose i should've kept better track of my measurements & will do so now! but im 8lbs down in the month and im proud! i felt like i wasnt going to lose cause i had my TOM recently and weighed in just before so i felt discouraged(big mistake) but now its over and can see my real weight loss. My legs are completely toned, no more jiggle and my arms are larger but i have muscle tone!!! :bigsmile:
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Way to go Jamie! The measurements are definitely where it's at! Good luck on your fit test!

Jason