INSANITY WORKOUT starting feb. 17 , 2013!!

Options
167891012»

Replies

• lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So week 2 is in the books for me! I don't take the correct day off. My hubby works 6 days overnights so his one day off we take that as a rest day. I am going to measure myself out tomorrow and see where I am. Also, I will post my new fit test tomorrow I can't wait!

So, I have been using this website to measure my calorie burn because I don't have a HRM. Has anyone that does compared it?

Thanks everyone!

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/exercise-activity/calories-burned-conditioning-exercises

I took a look, and for me the month 1 workouts seemed to be estimated a little high, the month 2 workouts looked closer. Everyone is a little different tho so probably not too bad of an estimate. Good luck on your fit test!
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    So week 2 is in the books for me! I don't take the correct day off. My hubby works 6 days overnights so his one day off we take that as a rest day. I am going to measure myself out tomorrow and see where I am. Also, I will post my new fit test tomorrow I can't wait!

So, I have been using this website to measure my calorie burn because I don't have a HRM. Has anyone that does compared it?

Thanks everyone!

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/exercise-activity/calories-burned-conditioning-exercises

I took a look, and for me the month 1 workouts seemed to be estimated a little high, the month 2 workouts looked closer. Everyone is a little different tho so probably not too bad of an estimate. Good luck on your fit test!

This exactly!
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    They've been hurting for a couple days now. I just ignored it..but last night it was just too bad. It hurts inside on the ankles rightbetween the joint and the heel. Last night it was pretty swollen and tight. Im icing it throughout today and taking the aleve, as well as upping my protein, though i dont think its muscle soreness at all..totally different. I hope i can get through the workout tonight, if i cant I may use the elliptical or bike. I just reallllly dont want to take a day off.

MY ankles and tops of feet were sore first few days. I found andding ankle rotations to stretch ankles really help. I aded to both stretches ( just pause the dvd after the warm up and stretch for a minute) and do some both directions on each side. Really made a difference. I'd definitely wait till swelling is down, but try stretching them .
    Wait for the swelling to go down and google ankle stretches ..I'd try them
    For a few days before starting insanity again
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone!

i use the same web site, i really feel like i burn the calories it says. but i subtract the breaks i take from my time, and i probably get something similar to what i burn. i doubt its exact...
  • brownie0424
    brownie0424 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone!

Thanks! I never eat back all my calories but I wanted an estimate.
  • brownie0424
    Options
    I just finished my fit test. I unfortunately caught an infection and had to rest an extra day but I jumped right back on this morning

Day 1 Day 15
    Switch Kicks- 90 122
    Power Jacks- 39 53
    Power Knees- 88 103
    Power Jumps -26 35
    Globe Jumps-10 12
    Suicide Jumps- 11 13
    Push up jacks- 11 16
    Low plank oblique- 30 50

I improved greatly! I'm noticing a change in my mid section. I haven't measured myself out yet. The scale still hasn't budged but I will take the way I feel right now over that number any day!
  • lqmustang
    Options
    I just finished my fit test. I unfortunately caught an infection and had to rest an extra day but I jumped right back on this morning

Day 1 Day 15
    Switch Kicks- 90 122
    Power Jacks- 39 53
    Power Knees- 88 103
    Power Jumps -26 35
    Globe Jumps-10 12
    Suicide Jumps- 11 13
    Push up jacks- 11 16
    Low plank oblique- 30 50

I improved greatly! I'm noticing a change in my mid section. I haven't measured myself out yet. The scale still hasn't budged but I will take the way I feel right now over that number any day!

Way to go, great numbers on the fit test! The scale hasn't budged for me in a few weeks either, but the measurements are where it's at. Great job!
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    Eh everyone! Sorry! I've been Mia it's been a crazy week ill be back on track Tomo ad I hope everyone keeps pushing play!
  • Rwhite606
    Options
    I always check out this website before starting a new fitness program - www.topfitnesssites.com - My personal favourite is p90x because it's hard enough that you know your getting results but not so hard that you give up after a few days
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    Hey all! How's it going ?! Excited for month two?!
  • lqmustang
    Options

Hey Megan, hope Insanity is treating you well! :) I just got done doing a week of month 2 workouts and adding in insane abs and the upper body weight training every other day as well. Grueling but great workouts!
  • brownie0424
    Options
    I'm still on week 4! But chugging right along. The scale finally moved 3.2 pounds.
  • MeganDominique
    Options

Hey Megan, hope Insanity is treating you well! :) I just got done doing a week of month 2 workouts and adding in insane abs and the upper body weight training every other day as well. Grueling but great workouts!

It is treating me well! Had a rough patch so I'm busy catching up but I will be on recovery week next week. Do you recommend mixing it up with like the insane abs and max interval sport training ( I think that's what it called)
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    I'm still on week 4! But chugging right along. The scale finally moved 3.2 pounds.

Oh nice ! Good for you girl see! It was coming I bet it was just water retention
  • lqmustang
    Options

It is treating me well! Had a rough patch so I'm busy catching up but I will be on recovery week next week. Do you recommend mixing it up with like the insane abs and max interval sport training ( I think that's what it called)

When I did my recovery week I added in cardio abs 2 or 3 times. ( I didn't yet have insane abs or I may have done that instead). I wouldn't do more than that on the recovery week. Give your body time to rest up a little and heal as you head into the month 2 workouts. They are longer and more intense so you want to be ready for those. Core cardio is a lower impact workout, but you are still going to sweat!

I did the sports training video once and it just didn't click with me so I haven't done that one since. As to the program they recommend substituting sports interval on the days that core cardio is scheduled (but not during your recovery week), and then doing insane abs in place of cardio abs. I love the ab workouts and would add it in extra whenever I have extra time to workout.
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    When I did my recovery week I added in cardio abs 2 or 3 times. ( I didn't yet have insane abs or I may have done that instead). I wouldn't do more than that on the recovery week. Give your body time to rest up a little and heal as you head into the month 2 workouts. They are longer and more intense so you want to be ready for those. Core cardio is a lower impact workout, but you are still going to sweat!

I did the sports training video once and it just didn't click with me so I haven't done that one since. As to the program they recommend substituting sports interval on the days that core cardio is scheduled (but not during your recovery week), and then doing insane abs in place of cardio abs. I love the ab workouts and would add it in extra whenever I have extra time to workout.

Thanks ! I was hoping someone had info!
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    So I'm starting recovery week today! I won't be able to get it in till tonight but it will still be awesome :)
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    Loving recovery week!! Been pushing it hard and adding in some extra excersies :)
  • anievil
    Options
    I found this Insanity Workout app for iPhone: http://myinsanityworkoutapp.com

I think is a great application to use while you doing your Insanity workout. It lets you keep track of your sessions and personal results easily. Very user friendly and motivating as you can tick off day by day your workout.

Plus handy if you are on the move as it remains you of the exercises that you have to do in each session.

I hope ypu enjoy!