If you could move to another country where would you go?

Options

Replies

• Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I moved from the U.S. to Wales (to study) and then to the Netherlands. I've been here for almost nine years now. If I had to move again, I would like to live in Australia. Realistically we may move to the U.S. at some point to be close to my family but it's nowhere in the near future and I'm okay with that. ;o)
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i did it! i'm from liverpool in the UK, but moved to new zealand 7 years ago. best decision ever.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Back to Ireland, and maybe California.

california's not a country, but we sure are in our own world out here right cali peeps?

oh yes! every time i go back home to los angeles, i swear, southern california people think the world revolves around them.
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Australia or one of the Celtic countries.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I did move! I lived in Japan, England, Italy and then came to Turkey. If I hadn't gotten married, I think I'd have gone to Canada next.
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I moved from Finland to Australia. If I moved somewhere now.... hmm... I think somewhere middle Europe (Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands etc) or Japan.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Needs to be warm, sunny and English-speaking for me. I guess it would have to be Australia or the warm end of New Zealand. I can't handle the cold - that's why I'm a So-Cal girl. I guess I could technically stay in the U.S. if I moved to the Virgin Islands, but my husband lived in Hawaii for awhile and doesn't like living on islands. I guess it'll have to be Australia after all.
  • Scribble27
    Scribble27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Germany or the Czech Republic :)
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    The BF and I have been talking about this a lot.
    My first choice would be Canada or Spain, but he's from Russia, so that's a legitimate possibility. Also of interest would be Germany or Italy.
  • magnolia_ah
    magnolia_ah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    sydney,,new york,germany with my man or Miami :love:
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Somewhere warmer than the UK! Have dreamed about going to US West Coast and Mississippi areas, Turkey, Greece, Australia, anywhere else away from the Euro Zone!

Ultimately I enjoy the variety of the British weather (not as extreme as say Minnesota which I think is a fantastic place) , and you don't have to drive too far to go from a pancake flat landscape to craggy mountainous and glacial valleys, so I guess I would stay put without a good reason to move!
  • Swany2
    Swany2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I moved from the uk to new zealand 8 years ago, would love to go back to the south of france...0h and canada as thats where my partners from....one day :smile:
  • twomadogs
    twomadogs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't go to China, I lived there for a year, All Chinese men smoke that's 1.2 billion people smoking in your face.
    I certainly appreciate Australia a lot more now.
    Cheers, Ian.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I did move! I lived in Japan, England, Italy and then came to Turkey. If I hadn't gotten married, I think I'd have gone to Canada next.

I love Turkey!!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I did it - I was born in South Africa and move to New Zealand 16 years ago - loving it here :-)

Would love to go and live somewhere in South East Asia for a few years - but then come back to NZ
  • jimfoxer
    jimfoxer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm American and have lived in many places, with a long stint in Russia (in fact, I was married there). When our son was old enough to start school, we moved to the States. Even with all of our faults, there is nowhere else I'd want to raise a child; a kid can truly be a kid here. It's just imperative to have him always revisit his roots so he doesn't become another clueless American who takes what he has for granted. We have been here coming on 6 years now, and our son is truly thriving and we don't regret a thing. USA!
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I did too! Moved from Canada to Indonesia, Germany and am now in Japan.. Not sure where next.. Would love to live in Hong Kong but maybe Europe again or maybe back to Canada... decisions decisions!
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i would never live in another country! proud citizen of America
  • ThinAgain46
    Options
    Probably back to the US - Midwest.
    I moved from the US to England (my husband's home) in 2008. I loved it there but he was desperate to get out of the UK (mostly because of the traffic), so we moved to rural France. When we first arrived our impression was that there had been a nuclear disaster or something - we kept wondering where all the people were?! The shutters are always closed up on the houses and rush hour consists of two cars and a tractor. YESSsss! It has its pros and cons - things we love and things we find oh-so-French (frustrating). Wink! But that's what makes it FRANCE, so we appreciate it and have grown much more patient. Hubby won't return to the UK, but eventually we'll probably return to the US.
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am from England. I have lived in Dubai, Nigeria and Tanzania and now live in France. I kind of fancy a move to Florida where my son lives, but am put off by the levels of gun crime and the absurd cost of health care.