If you could move to another country where would you go?

Options

Replies

• mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Australia, its Beautiful here

Never been "down under". May need to visit! :)

And i will show you around. xo
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I live in South Africa and loving it! I don't want to live anywhere else. Our weather is wonderful and living out here in the country is safe, lot's of space for me to ride my horses and lots of fresh air. I love SA!
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Canada
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Everyone can move.

I've loved living in Mexico (10 yrs), US (11 yrs) France (19yrs) Germany (5yrs) and 1 yr of who-knows.. And extended travel in 30 or so other countries. I'm the immigrant son of a immigrant son of an immigrant ... Going back, 5-6 generations. I hope to move 2-3 more times.

If you want to move, do it.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I did move to the USA from Canada. If I were to move now, I might consider Malta so that I could just get away from it all!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Everyone can move.

I've loved living in Mexico (10 yrs), US (11 yrs) France (19yrs) Germany (5yrs) and 1 yr of who-knows.. And extended travel in 30 or so other countries. I'm the immigrant son of a immigrant son of an immigrant ... Going back, 5-6 generations. I hope to move 2-3 more times.

If you want to move, do it.

I'm of the same mindset... There is no 'if you could', because you can if you want to.

I lived for 3 years in Japan and one in France. I live in the UK now, where I grew up. DH is in the process of becoming British and then we could live in another EU country if we wanted to, but even if we did, I think we'd probably move back again. I can imagine a year or two in France or Germany, though the weather in Scotland would probably suit my DH best :laugh:

I could have stayed happily in Japan, but it would have been harder work, and going back to live there isn't an option we've seriously considered.
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've also moved several times and I enjoyed it each time. Originally I'm from Greece, grew up there, and then lived in the US for ~3 years, Germany for another 3 years and now I'm in Japan. I hope I'll get the chance to live in Latin America as well.
  • Sillykitty2121
    Sillykitty2121 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would Like to go to Canada, Ireland, or Paris.
  • slavonka23
    slavonka23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    sweden or norway :wink:
  • jbr121
    jbr121 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I lived in Aus for a few years and loved it but wouldn't want to live there now. We are back in the uk now and live by the beach which is cool, but the weather sucks. I'd like to live in Italy, but the economy is too bad right now.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Gilligan's Island
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Italy or Australia!

Italy feels like home to me. I'm always homesick for Italy, even though I only spent a week there.

Australia would be fun, because I have friends there. Not sure I'd want to stay long term, though.
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    USA. I've always wanted to live in Los Angeles :)
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Once I get my degree my partner and I are considering re locating to Canada for a year or so, then heading to Germany for a while
  • theeidkid
    theeidkid Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Canada! Because the bears will eat the zombies!! Ok ok but seriously, I heard Canada is beautiful i think i would love to live there for awhile. But i love where i love right now,
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I moved from the US to Germany for 3+ years and loved it. I'd be open to moving out of the country again, but not sure where. Preferably someplace warm!
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I have talked about Ecuador. A lot of ex-pats are moving there and cost of living is REALLY cheap. I'm pretty well-versed in spanish and would love to immerse myself in it. I see all these other posts from people that have lived in all these other countries and I just have to wonder how do you afford it? What do you do for income?
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm moving from New York to Amsterdam (Holland) in 2 weeks. I plan to be there are about a year, but we'll see.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I moved from the US to Scotland. I'll choose somewhere warmer and less rainy for my next locale. Mediterranean, perhaps. :glasses:
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I from the UK and lived there all my life until 3 years ago when I moved to Ireland.

I would happily move to Amsterdam.....my fav city! However I am planning on visiting a few other countries so that could change!