Lesser of the two evils......???

Options
124»

Replies

• eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd pick fast food (preferably Subway or Taco Bell's Fresco menu). If I seriously don't have time, am on the road, or am too exhausted to cook then buying and microwaving a Lean Cuisine is going to be too much time and effort or impossible (how am I supposed to cook one in a car?). Plus most of them just aren't quite enough food for me.
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Not sure why either of these is evil. It's just food, people. Just food.

I'd go McDonalds, but mostly for me, the answer to all questions is "McDonald's". And I ain't gettin no salad

HA!!!!!! When I get even 1/4 of the muscle you got I'll be saying the same thing! For right now though- I'll be calling a lot of food 'EVIL'!:devil: but trust me.... I will be challenging you to a push up contest in a year or so :smokin: and the loser buys the winner a BIG MAC MEAL :bigsmile:
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili.

Ditto.
  • llpaq
    Options

^Exactly.

^^She was asking for an opinion, so i gave it, i wasn't "ignoring the facts"
    A McDonalds salad is a lot bigger portion than a lean cuisine. And yes, DontStopB knew what I was saying, they TASTE over salted.

Also for the extra 290mg of sodium and 10 calories you get 28g of protein instead of 14g in the Ravioli, which is going to keep you full longer.
    Ah, my bad. I didn't realize it was cool to over-salt food as long as they also add enough sugar so that you don't taste it.

As for which keeps you fuller longer, it depends on what else you eat. I would never eat "just" a Lean Cuisine or "just" that salad because 260-300 calories wouldn't be a sufficient lunch for me, no matter how much of it was protein. But the difference between 9.9 ounces and 11 ounces doesn't seem to me a huge difference in portion size, so I'm not sure how that factors into it.

Bottom line: eat what you like. As I said before, no one is forcing you to eat frozen meals if you don't like them. But for people who are trying to decide, there are (in my opinion) decent choices at either McDonald's or in your grocery's freezer case. Check the nutrition guide or labels, though, and you might be surprised sometimes.

Thank you guys so much - its good to know it's split down the middle because I just thought I was COMPLETELY RIGHT by wanting McDonalds instead. LOL! .............. Again- we all know both are not good for you. I just wanted to see what other people thought and I thank you all for your insight! (btw I've done almost every suggestion in a pinch (except for the baconator! lol) - so I guess I'm doing pretty good :)
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I don't know what Lean Cuisine is but to be honest I would choose (and have done in the past) fast food. Mainly because you don't have to get a Big Mac or something filled with grease. It's hard and takes will power but you could get a chicken snap wrap (low in calories) OR what I normally do which is order/collect sushi :)
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine butternut squash ravioli!!!! Why is LC evil...the sodium?
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Wendy's kids meal (4 pc nugget with apple slices and milk). About 400 calories all together and fairly healthyl
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    McDonald's! Lean Cuisines have way too much sodium!!!!!
  • llpaq
    Options
    Lean Cuisine butternut squash ravioli!!!! Why is LC evil...the sodium?

For me it's evil because in my quest to live healthier I'm trying to eat more clean foods- not so much processed/packaged foods. (I'm taking very small baby steps though....:ohwell: )
  • llpaq
    Options
    Wendy's kids meal (4 pc nugget with apple slices and milk). About 400 calories all together and fairly healthyl

I agree with this too :smile: ......I do kids meals- or just a plain burger.