Are you "unfiltered"?

Options
n2thenight24
n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
I have noticed (in all my wisdom) that when I see all the cute little anecdotes on FaceBook and other places about how someone is "unfiltered" that they are bragging about it. Oh, I'm not a bicch, I'm just unfiltered. I say what I think, blah blah blah. But really, doesn't that just mean your rude, disrespectful and don't think about anyone other than yourself? Are YOU unfiltered? Why? Did you not get enough hugs as a child? Let's hear about it.

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    doesn't that just mean your rude, disrespectful and don't think about anyone other than yourself?

Semantics.
  • KainStar
    KainStar Posts: 197
    Options
    Idk if this is suppose to be funny, but I found it funny in a smart *kitten* way. Lol.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    doesn't that just mean your rude, disrespectful and don't think about anyone other than yourself?

Semantics.

Don't use big words at me.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    the same people who claim this are the same people who get mad when you tell them the truth
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I associate "unfiltered" more with brutal honesty, but even that can be delivered tactfully.
  • jakeVScalories
    jakeVScalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm not a bicch, I'm just unfiltered.

anyone who says that, IS a bicch
  • Chelle250
    Options
    I just call it "brutal honesty" :devil:
  • originalkazila
    Options
    Saying what's on your mind is no excuse for being rude. I have no problem communicating my emotions - regardless of what they are - without being rude or insulting.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Oh, I'm not a bicch, I'm just unfiltered.

anyone who says that, IS a bicch

F'ing YES.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I'm so abrasive in my fight against ignorance that staff would nuke me in 3 posts if I went unfiltered.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My theory is if you have to start a sentance with "I'm not a b*tch but........." then, you are a b*tch.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Myself, I've got enough of a filter to make most people think that I'm really nice.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm just a *****.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    As I have had issues with mine today. I take offense at this! But then again, I can be an *kitten*, and you are all supposed to only tell me how awesome I am. Have you not read the terms of the site yet?
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Actually, unfiltered is the exact word I use on the sub-title of my personal blog.

I used it on purpose, because, compared to my other blog, which is about building a small business from the bottom up? The tone is different.

In the business blog, I'm politically correct and overly polite in my writing, much as I would be at the day job.

I do drop some cuss words in my personal blog, which a lot of people might find offensive, so I kinda put that "unfiltered" in the subtitled as sort of a warning. :smile:
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I think you nailed it. Society demands that we "filter" ourselves. Even these "unfiltered" types are still filtering. They're not walking around nude are they? Because society demands that we clothe ourselves (okay, it's February and freezing, and that may have something to do with it. Still.) These unfiltered folks still look to compliment the people they care about (or want something from). Everything that is said and everything we project into the world goes through our own personal filter. People with Asperger's Syndrome suffer from not being able to filter correctly, and this is a mental disorder. No one chooses to be "unfiltered". They choose to be rude, or condescending, or whatever. But not unfiltered.
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I associate "unfiltered" more with brutal honesty, but even that can be delivered tactfully.
    Bingo. I file myself under the "brutally honest, but (mostly) tactful" category.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Honest, but tactful.
  • KainStar
    KainStar Posts: 197
    Options
    Bingo. I file myself under the "brutally honest, but (mostly) tactful" category.
    Agreed. Some people don't care and just say cause we'll that's how they are.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    My theory is if you have to start a sentance with "I'm not a b*tch but........." then, you are a b*tch.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Myself, I've got enough of a filter to make most people think that I'm really nice.

^^^ LOL ^^^

That is like when the girls in the office start a sentence with, "I don't mean any harm, but..." then out come the claws, and there usually IS harm...

I'll be the first person to tell you I can be a real b*tch. I'm not stuck on that setting, however...it comes and goes.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    I like "unfiltered" people. They amuse me.