Are you "unfiltered"?

Options

Replies

• MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Honesty doesn't have to be brutal to be spoken. I have learned to stop before I speak and ask myself "Is it true? Is it kind? Is it helpful?" And if not, I try to just shut up.

To me, "unfiltered " shows laziness and a lack of impulse control. It's so easy to forget that our opinion doesn't really matter.

(And it's not lost on me that that is my opinion.)
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm moderately unfiltered...

so it's kinda like a moderate *****.....
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I'm filtered. If I were coffee, I'd come out clear.

Best to not share with people what I think sometimes.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm not a bicch, I'm just unfiltered.

anyone who says that, IS a bicch

F'ing YES.

And funny how those that say this are the first to get butt hurt when I return the brutal honesty favor . . .

A little tact goes a long way.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I think theres a lack of understanding when it comes to vocabulary (this coming from somebody who speaks english as his 4th language mind you)

People say "I'm sarcastic" and then what they say are the most idiotic and most blatant insults. Wittiness never comes out of their mouth.

Then there are people who you're talking about. The "oh I'm just keeping it real". I think they're just keeping it real alright. Keeping it real dumb. Now if you stand up to a parent who's verbally/physically abusing their child or basically voice against any injustice, even though the convention is to stay out of it, then yes, you're keeping it unfiltered. And I respect that. But a lot of times, you're just a dumb b**** who should be finding other ways to use their mouth to please others (and possibly make some money too!)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Filtration is akin to refinement.

So when someone says they are unfiltered, they are essentially saying they are unrefined.

They are unrefined and they know it. They could strive toward greater refinement but settle for crass vulgarity.

It's a scandalous state of affairs and reflects rather poorly on our cultural as a whole, if you ask me.

NOTE: This post has been edited to correct typographical errors and to add that I'm so fancy that I poop into a tophat.
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Unfiltered? I wish
    I am honest but try to do it in a way that is non abrasive or put it as nicely as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I can be the biggest ***** you have ever seen, but I start out nice :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    Some people deserved to be unfiltered at.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I am honest.

But I don't go out of my way to say things.

Like if my husband did something stupid at work and is telling me about it, I'll listen and nod and be supportive.
    BUT if he asks me what I think I might say "yeah, that was really dumb, but what's done is done, time to get past it"

There is being honest, and then there is going out of your way to be a *****, and THOSE people are usually the ones that say "Oh i'm just being honest!"
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Bit like that joke with the old guy that pees straight into the kid's pool from the springboard.... "What? Just 'cos I'm being honest?"
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    #nofilter #notevenposing #yolo #swag
    are all grounds for termination from my friend list
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Unfiltered is a euphamism for unrefined.

Polite people think about what they say and how it will affect the person they are saying it to. This is particularly true when offering unsolicited advice.

There are two reasons to offer advice to someone.
    1. Because you are trying to help them solve what you perceive as a problem with a solution.
    2. To demonstrate how wise you are because you so awesome and people need to know.

If you're type 1, then you'll carefully choose your words, because it can be a delicate operation to offer advice to someone and have them listen. If you are type 2. You'll be 'Unfiltered'. .
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about beer.

*leaves*
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I will be honest, I am definitely "filtered" and I have a co-worker/friend who is NOT (by any stretch of the imagination)...and guess who gets walked on and who doesn't? Yep, I would love to be her sometimes!
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    Yep, "unfiltred". I call it as I see it. While I try to be tactful, sometimes I'm not. I have no use for political correctness. PC has gotten way out of hand. The good thing is that when it comes to people, ya know where you stand with me. The bad is...........see previous sentence.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I am heavily filtered. Heavily.

Sometimes I surprise myself with the level of insensitivity of some of the thoughts that pass through my brain. I'm glad I have enough sense to keep them there.

That's not to say I am not truthful. I don't think honesty and filtered are mutually exclusive.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was about beer?
  • ricklperry
    Options
    Unfiltered means you don't mean enough to me to care how what I say makes you feel.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    That's what you get for having facebook account
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Yep, "unfiltred". I call it as I see it. While I try to be tactful, sometimes I'm not. I have no use for political correctness. PC has gotten way out of hand. The good thing is that when it comes to people, ya know where you stand with me. The bad is...........see previous sentence.

So.... do you have many friends?