Is everyone making Easter a "Free" or "Cheat" Day?

Options
13»

Replies

• DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Nope. No cheat day for me. If it doesn't fit in my calories, I'm not eating it. I'm on a mission to be a lot lighter by my 20th anniversary cruise in July. So instead of thinking "oh those won't hurt me that much" I have begun thinking "how will those HELP me?"

I allowed myself one mini cadbury egg @ 16 calories and 3 peep bunnies @ 83 calories. But I did make some freaking awesome black been enchiladas for lunch!

I will completely stay under my calorie goal today! Go me! the old me would've allowed a "cheat" day but the new me is really trying to make a difference.
    Mind sharing the echilada recipie?
    I kind of just made it up as I went but I'll do my best to write it down.

12 Corn tortillas
    Lg. can Bush's refried black beans or process your own cooked black beans in food processor
    1 tsp Minced Garlic (more or less to taste)
    approx 1 tsp ground cumin to taste
    approx 1 tsp chili powder to taste
    1/2 package Cabot 75% fat free sharp cheddar (comes in a cube, I shred it myself)
    1 can turkey chili (or make your own)
    Canola oil spray

Shred cheese. Soften corn tortilla by spraying frying pan with oil and heating on both sides til pliable (so they don't crack when you roll them). You will have to spray pan in between each tortilla.
    Preheat over to 350.
    In food processor, mix refried beans, approx 1/4 cup cheese, garlic, cumin, chili powder and process until blended and smooth. Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the bean mixture and a pinch of shredded cheese. Roll and place in 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Once all enchiladas are rolled and in pan, Heat chili just a little and then top enchiladas with chili and remaining cheese. Cover pan with foil and heat in over for 40 minutes.

Enjoy! These are wonderful enchiladas.
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i ate way too much today and feel terrible right now. i am trying to get some energy to go run but its hard when you feel so stuffed full. i dont regret it because i am at my goal weight for quite a while now and it works for me to have a day where i just dont think about it. i never miss the exercise though, ran a 5k yesterday with my fastest time yet, got a second place trophy, yay.
  • DawnOf1969
    Options
    i ate way too much today and feel terrible right now. i am trying to get some energy to go run but its hard when you feel so stuffed full. i dont regret it because i am at my goal weight for quite a while now and it works for me to have a day where i just dont think about it. i never miss the exercise though, ran a 5k yesterday with my fastest time yet, got a second place trophy, yay.
    That's awesome! Congrats on the 5k!

I did a 5k in February and almost hit my goal time. Missed it by one minute. I am doing another one in 2 weeks.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I didn't log anything. I'm afraid to. However, I did try really hard to limit my portions and keep my eating to one meal. I also made sure I got my vegetables in along with the other yummy things they had at the church.
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats on the 5k!

I did a 5k in February and almost hit my goal time. Missed it by one minute. I am doing another one in 2 weeks.

i know, i have been trying to decrease my time and wow it is hard. to cut down even 30 seconds is a challenge. its fun to keep doing the runs though, something to strive for and work hard. good luck on your next one!!
  • DawnOf1969
    Options
    Nope. No cheat day for me. If it doesn't fit in my calories, I'm not eating it. I'm on a mission to be a lot lighter by my 20th anniversary cruise in July. So instead of thinking "oh those won't hurt me that much" I have begun thinking "how will those HELP me?"

I allowed myself one mini cadbury egg @ 16 calories and 3 peep bunnies @ 83 calories. But I did make some freaking awesome black been enchiladas for lunch!

I will completely stay under my calorie goal today! Go me! the old me would've allowed a "cheat" day but the new me is really trying to make a difference.
    Mind sharing the echilada recipie?
    I kind of just made it up as I went but I'll do my best to write it down.

12 Corn tortillas
    Lg. can Bush's refried black beans or process your own cooked black beans in food processor
    1 tsp Minced Garlic (more or less to taste)
    approx 1 tsp ground cumin to taste
    approx 1 tsp chili powder to taste
    1 can green chiles
    1/2 package Cabot 75% fat free sharp cheddar (comes in a cube, I shred it myself)
    1 can turkey chili (or make your own)
    Canola oil spray

Shred cheese. Soften corn tortilla by spraying frying pan with oil and heating on both sides til pliable (so they don't crack when you roll them). You will have to spray pan in between each tortilla.
    Preheat over to 350.
    In food processor, mix refried beans, approx 1/4 cup cheese, garlic, cumin, chili powder, chiles and process until blended and smooth. Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the bean mixture and a pinch of shredded cheese. Roll and place in 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Once all enchiladas are rolled and in pan, Heat chili just a little and then top enchiladas with chili and remaining cheese. Cover pan with foil and heat in over for 40 minutes.

Enjoy! These are wonderful enchiladas.

ETA 1 can green chiles blended in with beans...
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Not a cheat day, but I'm not overly concerned with going over my calories. I have been really pushing myself all week as far as exercise (I've been under by about 500-700 everyday during the week), so I'm figuring it will all even out. I've just been REALLY disappointed with myself over the past few days as I have not had ANY water to drink. Don't know why, but I can't even force myself to drink water! Not good.
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    I made yesterday and today both high cal days for me. thought I'd try to zig-zag a bit more to give metabolism a boost and hit it hard in the gym on Monday. I did walk a bunch for the extra calores though and I still stayed a little under but that was including every single excercise calorie. I ate regular chocolate, had a couple deviled eggs and ate out a couple times this weekend. This is the first whole weekend that I had where I did it like this. Went way above what I normally eat for carbs, over on sodium both days and over on fat today, but, you know what, I'm not worried. I know what I have to do. Tomorrows another day and I had a really great weekend with the family so I'm not even stressed about it! this life process has me finally believing and excepting that its choices everyday, some days areen't going to be the best, but most of my days I do well. I will say tho, the chocolate wasn't near as good as my dark chocolate treat and I am too full from the extra "bad" carbs I had, so I'm looking forward to really healthy eating tomorrow!!!!
  • charlottelea
    charlottelea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wayyyyyyy over - been dieting for 4 weeks today and spot on my calories (1200) each and every day, lost 7lbs and needed the break! Back to logging everything today and weighing in later on :(
  • freequest
    Options
    no im not ... im work a easter egg into my diet when i can but if it means i have to spend a extra hour on the exercise bike to work of said egg ... ill just skip it