are there any good butt exercise i can do with dumbells?

Options

Replies

• chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    you can try the no-hands dumbbell squat. just hold the dumbbell between your cheeks

could you demonstrate please? you know the rule...pics or it didnt happen
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Honestly, this is the first time I've ever been told I can do this, even at gym, they guys have all been like "oh hunni, try these 1kg, 0.5kg ect" so it never even crossed my mind

I'm excited though :)
    And this just makes me sad. You show them how awesome and strong you are. Make them stop assuming that women are too dainty!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Honestly, this is the first time I've ever been told I can do this, even at gym, they guys have all been like "oh hunni, try these 1kg, 0.5kg ect" so it never even crossed my mind

GIRL I am excited for you. There is a distinct feeling of empowerment when you finally realize everyone who told you that is full of dookie. You're going to impress yourself (and those guys at the gym), too- when you finally get rid of the shackles, women have pretty powerful lower body strength.

YES!! You will feel AMAZING when you start increasing your strength!! I am also excited for you!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Pistol squats with 1.5lb dumbbells should do the trick.

Had to Google to find out what the heck they are... holy crap... you are eveeeeeeeel! :smile:
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Don't let anyone sell you short! Lift big!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Pistol squats
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    are there any good butt exercise i can do with dumbells?

With dumbbells, yes
    With 1.5 pound dumbbells, no.

If you want to do something effective you're going to have to use equipment that weighs more than your iphone.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

Whaaaa.. ignore those guys.. lift heavy girl!

Do lunges, squats, deadlifts to your heart's desire. You WILL see a difference!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

:love:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i do 155# squats... just sayin
  • SRH7
    Options

That's like an entire person! I am in awe :smile:
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Ahh well my bad... I just bought the set since a friend reccommended. Im having a look online now for 10kg pair for home, anything bigger i can use at gym.

Do you have a local used sporting goods store around if you want some lighter weights at home? I got two dumbbell bars, a standard barbell and 65# in plates for less than $50. Don't be afraid to use heavier weights. Make sure your form is correct, then push yourself a bit. I'm sure you know from the comments that a few pounds isn't going to do much. There are also some great body weight exercises: glute bridges and and hip thrusts. Do you have a child? I do them with my 4 year old sitting on top of me. She gets a kick out of it.

Also, look at the Single Leg Romanian Deadlift. You don't have to use a huge amount of weight for that one. I DL 150# and squat 100# and did the SLRDL with a 35# db on Saturday and I'm still sore. Also, goblet squats. Go deep.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

GIRL I am excited for you. There is a distinct feeling of empowerment when you finally realize everyone who told you that is full of dookie. You're going to impress yourself (and those guys at the gym), too- when you finally get rid of the shackles, women have pretty powerful lower body strength.

YES!! You will feel AMAZING when you start increasing your strength!! I am also excited for you!! :drinker: :drinker:
    omg omg me to me to *grabs everyones hands and starts skipping around in a circle* What Dav said, my cockles are warmed lol

This thread has me looking at Olympic bars again. Why must I not be rich.

Also OP if you want to look at something all the stronglifts 5x5 info is available for free online. There are plenty of nice bummed people doing that routine.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

I deadlift 185#... so an even bigger person
  • SRH7
    Options

You can deadlift me!!!
  • CoderGal
    Options

You can deadlift me!!!
    You can squat me and my cat and my bfs dog and my snake and my lizard along with some of their food together but preferably not close together :D
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Pistol squats with 1.5lb dumbbells should do the trick.

Yup, that'll do it lol
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Yay! You are capable of so much more! Those guys of full of *kitten*!!!
  • earlswimsuit
    Options

Haha was just gonna suggest that...so good right :tongue:
  • CoderGal
    Options

Haha was just gonna suggest that...so good right :tongue:
    omg like I get to lift 3-5 lbs AND get free frilly underwear recommended for squats 'cause I am all over that. Am I just like ever so paranoid about showing my panty line. Well I be able to talk as much as her during the workout? Great. I need enough energy to put down fitness models like she did.