What's your phobia - mine is coat hangers

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    But i love you all so much.

clown4.gif
  • jkenny14
    jkenny14 Posts: 6 Member
    Turning a corner while riding a bus...always feel like they're going to topple over
  • MOTHS.

The fluffy *kitten* are out ta get me.

*shudder*

Me too. I've been known to sleep in the spare room when there was one in my bedroom.

You know why they call them moths right?

"Get um'off get um'off" (say it it out loud :P)
  • leaderzzz
    leaderzzz Posts: 113 Member
    Lol.crank. Free kin me out now
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    I'm right there with the bridges!!! People think I'm crazy...

And my other terrible, embarrassing fear is...

Gnomes.

Dobby petrified me, though he was an elf. But garden gnomes terrify me too! I couldn't watch the trailer for Gnomeo and Juliet... I've had the irrational fear since I was a kid and there was an episode of Goosebumps in TV where the gnomes came to life and tried to kill the family... And in one scene, they hid in the daughter's closet.... And since then ALL bedroom closet doors need to be closed as much as possible.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    I will not swim in anything where I can't see straight to the bottom and everything that is in the water. Meaning no lakes, rivers, oceans, ponds etc. Unless its a swimming pool you won't get me in it. I'm scared to death of something coming after me and not seeing it, getting tangled up in seaweed and drowning, basically anything icky sticky or with teeth in that water could possibly get me. So no thank you!! I can't believe anyone would water ski or jet ski etc. What if a shark comes up and gets them? It happens! Don't tell me it can't. I saw jaws!! OH and don't get me started on the possibility of a dead body being under water!! OMG I will not even reach into the water while in a boat! I'm not pulling up anything out of the water!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Empty chairs really freak me out. They're OK if they're under something (like a desk or table), or have someone sitting on them, but if they're just sitting there staring at me I find it really unsettling.
    yes because if it's not tucked under a desk or table a ghost or the mothman could be sitting in it. must. be. under. table.
    Bridges ! :( ****e i got shivers going up my spine ahhh i need to cross 2 daily
    yes the onramp from the 15 north to the 91 west crazy scary way too high and way too narrow must avoid at all costs even 20 min's longer commute. annnnnnnnnnd tunnels long ones like the one under LAX. both of these 'cos of earthquakes.

barely able to handle st. thomas bridge before man threw himself off it...now bridge AND ghost? forget it!

and finally getting to where I can do escalators after watching a way too descriptive episode of "I survived".

wow that's a lot! geezh I swear I'm not a shut in. I swear!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    my phobia is frogs and mice.....blllleeeccchhhh!!!
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Seeing someone's spit on the ground...makes me super nauseous and want to faint

I'm the same way!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member

clown4.gif

Cut that **** out, instigator.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    UWdRvyB.gif
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member

Cut that **** out, instigator.

teeheeheehee
  • natalienora
    natalienora Posts: 67 Member
    Don't ask me why..but the feeling of wood scraping against my teeth.

It stemmed from when I used to play the saxophone and the wooden reed you put into the mouthpiece would make me cringe every time I started playing.

And if either my mom and I are cooking and I need to taste something I can't try it from a wooden spoon. Nope. Can't.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    I so should not have just looked through this post because I'm home alone and supposed to be heading to bed soon and the creepy spider and scary clown are two of my biggest fears and now I'm totally freaked out :noway:

I also had balloons being popped and have the fear of breaking my collar bone or ribs (I've never broken a bone in my body before :huh: )

The weirdest phobia I've ever known though is my BIL. He's a painter and decorator in his 50s, no problem with spiders, snakes, mice etc etc etc.... he will not stand in a room if there's a fish tank in there :noway: He has a hug phobia of fish - won't eat fish, go near fish and certainly wouldn't touch fish. He and his wife once took DD for a day out and his wife took her in an Aquarium and he stood outside for 2 hours lmfao...

oh, I hate scary flims too... even the ones that are supposed to be funny... I refuse to watch.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    dendropophobia- the fear of losing teeth. i have dreams about losing my teeth that are so real i wake up with night sweats just about crying, have to get up count all my teeth with my tongue. i also have a fear of teeth in general, probably the first thing i look at on a person is there teeth, (good personal hygiene starts there) but i cant even deal with my son (he is 6) losing his teeth.

I have the same dreams. I used to be a dental assistant so I was always scared to death I would get a cavity or need a root canal. When people told me they lost most of their teeth during pregnancy I had nightmares all the time while pregnant that my teeth would just fall right out. I still have those dreams. In my dreams I can reach into my mouth and feel the tooth wiggle and then it just falls out into my hands. When I wake up I check my teeth.
  • BlackmetalCoffee79
    BlackmetalCoffee79 Posts: 108 Member
    Thunderstorms. Everyone else loves them. I hate them.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,322 Member
    Caterpillars. Yuck, just yuck. I'll hold anything else, not them.
  • leaderzzz
    leaderzzz Posts: 113 Member
    He and his wife once took DD for a day out and his wife took her in an Aquarium and he stood outside for 2 hours lmfao...

Man, their is some cruel people about. You think that's bad, my wife insists that I go shopping with her!

Cruel, so cruel
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Stairs.

It seems illogical unless you take five seconds to just think about why a person would be afraid of stairs.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Clowns. I effing hate those scary *****es.