Options

Replies

• CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Male adult babies. No joke. Lmao
  • linda0372
    linda0372 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have several phobias. if i had to choose one, it will be rats. I hate them.
  • Bubble105
    Bubble105 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank god, I thought I was the only one who felt horrified by carpets... Picking stuff up off the floor, having my fingers scrape the fibers... ARGH.
  • Irontri7
    Irontri7 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The squeak of Styrofoam. Terrible!
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Can't stand when someone puts cotton in their mouth (like a sock for instance). It gives me the eebie geebies and sends goose bumps up my spine. It just about kills me to go to the dentist.

I also have a fear of cemeteries. I have to go to the them from time to time (only if the person was super close to me) and I try to visit my little brother's grave a few times a year (he was killed in Iraq in 2003). I only stay for about a minute tops and won't walk on any graves. My 14 year old always says I am just doing "a drive by" because of how quickly I bolt in and out of there.
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Mine is marriage. Scares the crap out of me so i never married. Btw, nothing related to me, just I guess I tried to shake a *kitten* tree too many times wishing an angel would fall out.
  • lizp114
    lizp114 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    small tight closed in spaces....I need room...lol...i hate small rooms elevators etc
  • dlveck
    dlveck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Latex balloons.

Eff no. Go away.

Yes....this totally! I'm fine if they are just sitting there...but don't start touching them or making them squeak. Hate it Hate it Hate it.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options

MOTHS.

The fluffy *kitten* are out ta get me.

*shudder*

Me too. I've been known to sleep in the spare room when there was one in my bedroom.

I'm with you on the moths, it's the way their wings flutter and their creepy hairy bodies...bleh

and basements, particularly when I'm home alone, I won't go down there at night if no one is in the house with me.

I also can't stand the sound of scraping ice, like when you have to scrape off your windshield, totally gives me the shivers. Very useful when you live in the world's coldest capital city. :S
  • Grits0nTits
    Options
    chix with dix

JK

They are hot
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ladders and climbing light houses. Ladders Im just afraid that one of the steps are going to break and I really have no idea why climbing light houses......maybe because it reminds me of ladders. But I love looking at them.....from the ground, outside.
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Driving someone’s vehicle other than my own…..I’ve bought 8 new cars in my life and never drove one of them off the car lot…. :smile:
  • missability
    Options
    I don't have a problem with cotton balls, but can't stand the squeak it makes when you pull the cotton wad out of a pill bottle.
    and finding a hair, anywhere but on my head...um and other obvious places it's suppose to be......but If I see a hair where it's not supposed to be, I have to get someone else to remove it! The worst is when it is clinging to something in the fridge, like the outside of a gallon of milk, or on a jar...OMG I freak!
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hearing someone bite into a Popsicle

Just reading this gave me goose bumps! Ugh, I can hear the sound right now!

I also hate the texture of dried coconut. If I eat something that has it and I did't know, then I see it or realize it buy the texture of biting it, I start vomiting immediately. I also shiver every time I take a sharp left turn around a turn in my car.....that from being in a terrible accident years ago.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Mirrors in the dark......goes back to Bloody Mary. I realize it's stupid.

I'm the same. I won't look at the mirror if I go into the bathroom with the light off. I'm also afraid to look out my bedroom window at night, ever since my daughter said she saw a bloody man twisting his head around with his mouth open like he was screaming.
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Also Escalators, but they are everywhere so it just takes me a minute to get my courage and time my step on them perfectly.
  • chunkylover22
    chunkylover22 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My number one fear is fear!

Amen to that, me too!!
  • never124get
    Options
    Dolls, doesn't matter if they are...any kind of dolls. Especially old creepy dolls from like the 1800's...ahh! I hate them :(
  • dlveck
    dlveck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Me too... I hate bridges. I have to be in the center so I can't see over the sides too. The scary ones for me are the bridge in Astoria, and the blue bridge in Tri-cities.

My mom is deathly afraid of the Astoria bridge. Drove in circles for like 30 minutes before we could convince her it would be ok. Then when we finally reached Washington she had to pull over to breathe for another 30 minutes.
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am an emetophobe. I fear vomit. Myself vomiting, my children vomiting or a stranger vomiting.

It is a horrible phobia to live with. I've had people make fun of me for it. The hardest part is that I can't just avoid it like many people can avoid their phobia. It's a bodily function, you can't escape that.

Snakes scare me too, but I would take a snake over vomit.

I am emetophobic as well. Been doing exposure treatment for 2 years, getting better, but still struggle!