Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Sssssssnakes and Heightssss
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    mmk I am going to bed soon...I know will all miss me.

smooch.
  • mommyelly85
    Options
    Seriously Crankstr I need to know what that is I can't get it out of my head.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    OMG Crnkstr that has got to be the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I am literally nauseous. What the heck is that? But please do not pot that picture again.

I am a nurse and I have seen every type of sore and skin condition known to man.
    That is not real...:noway:
  • spartania
    Options
    Disney's Pinocchio. Ever since I've been five, I've been traumatized.
  • mommyelly85
    Options
    Thank you Nurse Susan! I can put my mind to rest...well not really its still really disgusting and disturbing. Just glad its not real.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    clowns. mostly male ones. extremely sinister. i hate them.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Thank you Nurse Susan! I can put my mind to rest...well not really its still really disgusting and disturbing. Just glad its not real.

It is gross and disgusting :tongue:
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Latex balloons.

Eff no. Go away.

OMG - I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I can't STAND balloons - my brother used to sneak up behind me, hold one right by my ear and pop it. Mylar balloons are okay since they don't pop as loud and are much harder to pop.

Also bees - I freaking HATE bees - I mean, I love honey so they're a necessary evil, but I prefer if they don't come anywhere around me. Stepped in a beehive hidden among the grass when I was seven...not allergic or anything but the stings just hurt.
  • Dinosaurs coming back to life.... Jurassic Park gives me nightmares (but I watch it anyway for the thrill). I swear, the day they actually bring dinos back to life (crossing my fingers, legs, toes, and eyes that they don't) is the day I shoot myself. >.<
  • tumblr_me2wfqoAAi1rrkgt3o1_500.jpg

Do I even dare ask what this is?
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    heights and enclosed spaces.
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Fire - Ever since I was a child, terrified of fire. Nightmares about it, etc. I can handle candles and small controlled fires, but I'm constantly afraid it will catch on something else so I give it a wide space away from anything flammable.

Spiders - Though having a tarantula as a pet helped this one a lot

Escalators - I can ride one, but I get dizzy, uneasy, and I hate every second like I'm afraid it's going to eat my shoes if I'm not careful.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Stairs. I can barely get down two of them, which makes leaving my house hard.
    I'm so glad I'm not alone. Haha. People are always looking at me when I hesitate before going down stairs or when I cling for dear life to the rails. Sucks because my campus is all stairs and for exercise's sake I don't use lifts.

Also, stairs with open risers? Nope. Nope nope nope nope. I can get through daily life on normal stairs, but these?

scarystairs.jpg

Give me panic attacks and bring me (literally) to my knees at times.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Heights...but only heights of short distances or high up on a balcony near the rail...I can do it..just scary!

Spiders...I kill them on sight. They freak me out badly ...mainly because last summer I was bit by a brown recluse and had a horrible reaction!!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Stairs. I can barely get down two of them, which makes leaving my house hard.
    I'm so glad I'm not alone. Haha. People are always looking at me when I hesitate before going down stairs or when I cling for dear life to the rails. Sucks because my campus is all stairs and for exercise's sake I don't use lifts.

Also, stairs with open risers? Nope. Nope nope nope nope. I can get through daily life on normal stairs, but these?

stairtread022-650.jpg

Give me panic attacks and bring me (literally) to my knees at times.

Try open stairs combined with heights just to go down a water slide with your daughter.
    Talk about mind over matter...
    Don't look down!!:noway:
  • jnieferstutz
    jnieferstutz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Moths for me too! I thought I was the only one! And I have problems with crickets and grasshoppers too. Funny, 'cuz I'm fine with spiders and scorpions. It's the haphazardly directed things that I can't handle. Also heights and bodies of water.
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Probably the strangest is making telephone calls. I hate it! I see people chained to their cell phones, and I shudder to think a telephone would ever have that kind of hold over me.

I work in a call center.....
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I do like this topic, makes me feel more normal!! I am afraid of heights, I won't eat off a wooden spoon or popsicles with the wood stick in the midde. I also have the phobia of losing my teeth and have nightmares about it. Glad to know I am not the only one!!!
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Large bodies of water
    Roaches
    The sound of a plastic grocery sack crumpling when I am trying to sleep or asleep.