What's your phobia - mine is coat hangers

Options

Replies

• apg2302
    apg2302 Posts: 667
    Options
    tumblr_me2wfqoAAi1rrkgt3o1_500.jpg

Do I even dare ask what this is?

This is a lotus flower seed pod photo shopped into a wound. Its been doing the rounds for donkeys years for us internerds!
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Oh Gosh! I would love to share...because I want to find SOMEONE else that is as deathly TERRIED of it as me... but last time I tried to share on a public forum someone posted a picture ='(

I am also afraid of....
    spiders
    snakes
    dry cracked up mud..
    I refuse to touch the trash can or potty lid.
    Dirty sponges..
  • highheeldiva01
    highheeldiva01 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    @apg that is my new fear...... soooooo gross, I might actually get sick from it ewwwwww
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Claustrophobia & spiders..... well anything creeps... cockroaches are my worst after spiders.... spiders I can kinda deal with.... they leave me alone & I'll stay right away from them... the moment they come on me or near me.... they are toast. I had one HUGE one on my nightie when I was about 8... I screamed... mum hit it...it held on & went UNDER my nightie.... never seen me get naked so fast.... ever since that was it.

Claustrophobia is a HUGE one for me. Even on a bus I can get struck down. Worst is when hubby & I are having some fun ;) and I get struck by it :(
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Spiders - Though having a tarantula as a pet helped this one a lot

I used to be afraid of dogs until we had one of the sweetest most wonderful dogs ever. I still don't like the bigger ones especially if they run and jump up on me, but I'm good with most dogs now.
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Lotus pod pictures ruin my life. Why did I click on this post? *weeps*

Whilst I'm here: spiders, jelly beans and the sound people make when brushing their teeth (when I brush my own its fine, when I hear you do it it freaks me out).
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    sorry guys, i found that picture under trypophobia...i know it isnt real.

morning all...just having fun with the thread, and i really AM afraid of spiders!!!

and I can't touch worms...blerg.
    tumblr_mdr942tKzN1rutbklo1_500.gif
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Balloons, spiders and death...

Stupid people scare me too, especially when they are given power or authority.
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    High bridges over water
    Covered bridges, I will get out of the car and walk across if possible!
    Absoloutely nothing can hang over the side of the bed so it can't be grabbed and drug under the bed!AHHHHH!!! Thanks, Stephen King!
    No rollercoasters ever!
    Heights that I could go over the edge, even high seats at stadiums.
    I don't mind heights that are enclosed or have high sides, maybe the real fear is that I will jump!!! LOL
    The worst is SINKHOLES!! I am totally paranoid that I will just fall into the Earth.
    My mom is afraid of holes in her clothes!
    Hubby is deathly afraid of Bees! Broke a lamp in a hotel once trying to kill one.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Clowns.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I have a phobia of vomiting or seeing other people vomit. It gives me a panic attack.

I'm also petrified of someone breaking into the house when I'm in it :noway:
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Stairs. I can barely get down two of them, which makes leaving my house hard.
    I'm so glad I'm not alone. Haha. People are always looking at me when I hesitate before going down stairs or when I cling for dear life to the rails. Sucks because my campus is all stairs and for exercise's sake I don't use lifts.

Also, stairs with open risers? Nope. Nope nope nope nope. I can get through daily life on normal stairs, but these?

stairtread022-650.jpg

Give me panic attacks and bring me (literally) to my knees at times.

Try open stairs combined with heights just to go down a water slide with your daughter.
    Talk about mind over matter...
    Don't look down!!:noway:

happened to me this past summer at the water park, had to keep thinking, for my son, for my son, for my son lol, longest stair climb ever...and ridiculously steep
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Spiders.

You know the meme's of people burning the house down because of a spider...yeah that is me.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    frogs and the statue of liberty..
    I literally have panic attacks over frogs.. and I can't understand my fear of the statue of liberty but I've blacked out twice when I've seen it.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Grasshoppers.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    my overactive imagination in the dark...
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Spiders and heights.

Have y'all seen the credit card commercial where she goes out and gets shoes, nylons and whatnot for her vacation trip and ends up at the top of that itty-bitty rock? That does me in.

Or that movie, True Lies, where the kid is on that crane waaaay up in the air, and then she ends up on TOP of the fighter jet? I can't even WATCH that whole sequence.
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm reassured by all the people saying cotton wool - makes the hairs on my arms stand on end! Ugh!!! And the number of people who think its funny to tear it in front of me! Also wire wool and green scrubbing pads.
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The sound of styrofoam packaging coming out of a box, OMG...

Popping latex balloon (I know that one's been said)

Claustrophobia

Bugs, of any type ... I just can't handle them (save for ladybugs, those I can handle - I am strange, I know)

Swimming in the ocean/lake/river - essentially anything that might have a living creature swimming around by my feet... umm, no.

Dirty freezers - have you ever seen a dirty freezer that has black bits all over, and reeked, and then tried to drink a drink with ice from it? I can't do it.

Along the same vein, dirty sinks. If there's something nasty in a sink, I cannot drink/use water from the tap. I know in my head one has nothing to do with the other, but dammit, I just can't do it.

When I was a kid, I was afraid of the toaster ... I'd put bread in the toaster and run to the other side of the house so I wouldn't have to hear it when it popped up. Thank God I got over that one, because then I never got freshly melted buttery goodness...
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I can't deal with clowns. I am TERRIFIED of them. I can't even deal with pictures of them, or even cartoon clowns.

The clown scenes in Dumbo? I have to fast forward them.