What's your phobia - mine is coat hangers

Options

Replies

• Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Some really strange phobias in this thread! Makes me feel better about my life. Haha.

I dont really have anything too crazy. The only thing that comes to mind is that I seem to have the fear of other people falling. I can hike up mountains and tiny narrow footpaths with ease, but watching others go in front or behind me freaks me the hell out. Watching a friend sit on a balcony rail is about the worst I can imagine. I usually have to go to another room.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My number one fear is fear!
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Feet and dirty dish water. I just gave myself chills!!!!
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Snakes - I cant watch them on TV or even go into a pet store if I know they are there.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Crowds.

^^This! I have major personal space issues so being in a crowd freaks me out. That, and I'm 5'2 so when I'm in crowd all I can see are people's backs...
  • Sballard418
    Sballard418 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Semi Trucks freak me out BAD BAD I am always so scared they are going to flip over on top of my truck, and on a bridge is even worse. I have to shut my eyes!

Roly Polys (potato bugs) are disgusting. When I was little I flipped one over and it had little maggots or babies or some nasty crap under it. DISGUSTING!

Small animals biting me. I can not pick up my bearded dragon I have to watch my husband pick it up so that I know it won't bite. Or a hamster or rat or anything I am more scared to get bit by a little animal than a freaking TIGER.
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Reptiles!!! Just hate them!
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am petrified of spiders ... so common I know but I cry when I see them I have night terrors about them ... cant even see pictures of them without wanting to vomit

I'm so terrified of tractors ...the scare the **** out of me, when I was younger a friend of mine kept a horse at a farm we used to go there and visit it and one day she told me that the tractors were coming to get us and made me run across two huge fields to get away from them.
  • Sballard418
    Sballard418 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Escalators - I can ride one, but I get dizzy, uneasy, and I hate every second like I'm afraid it's going to eat my shoes if I'm not careful.

YES ME TOO! I have to leech on to my husband for dear life and I'm always scared I'm going to fall!
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Spiral staircases, escalators and glass lifts.

Oh and wasps.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Bugs & spiders. Anything with more legs than my cat needs to die a crunchy death under my shoe.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Tentacles. I have to get a friend to pick them out from paella for me. THAT SCENE in Oldboy nearly made me scromit (scream and vomit at the same time) :sick:
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Clowns. OMG. Creepiest freaking things in existence.

Halloween masks.

Locusts. GAG!
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Having my head covered.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Crossing a busy street, even at the crosswalk.
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Dark water (Oceans, lakes, rivers).

OMG ME TOO!!
    And, having my wrists touched.... the underpart where the veins are... YUCKY!!!
  • joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sponges (the big bath sponges for washing yourself). Absolutely hate the texture and feel of them...it makes me cringe every time and even the thought of it is putting me a bit 'on edge'!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Cows.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Tentacles. I have to get a friend to pick them out from paella for me. THAT SCENE in Oldboy nearly made me scromit (scream and vomit at the same time) :sick:
    I really need to see that movie, but I need to find Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance first.
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    For anyone who hate spiders dont go to page 7 ... was nearly sick ergrhhhhhhh