What's your phobia - mine is coat hangers

Replies

• crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Elevators! I cannot ride one. If I have to ride one for even one floor, I am in major panic mode!

My ex boyfriend lived on the 16th floor of a high rise. It was stairs for me every time!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    tumblr_lzb0xj6IGc1qh2tf9o1_500.gif
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    heights
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Emetophobia - fear of nausea, vomit or vomiting. So when I hear people talking about food poisoning or norovirus it makes me want to become a hermit so I don't catch anything that will make me vomit. :sick:
  • leaderzzz
    leaderzzz Posts: 113 Member
    tumblr_lzb0xj6IGc1qh2tf9o1_500.gif

Crank that was savage!
  • Spiders and noises outside my house at night. I live by myself so I get super paranoid at night. I have an alarm system, but still. I'm a wimp! Lol

Get a dog if you can!

I have a little pug cross and he is still super defensive of me when I'm in the house alone.

If my boyfriend is home too my dog sleeps with me under the covers but if my boyfriend is out of town he sits at the edge of the bed and watches the door.

Or if I am upstairs and someone walks by outside he'll come stand in front of me and growl.

Then again when you are alone in the dark house and the dog growls it will scare the mufa f out of you.

I have a little yappy Pomeranian lol. I figured he would alert me to danger, but he yaps so much that now I ignore him. He couldn't protect me anyway. Last week, I adopted myself a Great Dane/Springer Spaniel mix! I figure once she grows big, I will sleep easier. If that doesn't work, next time I will adopt a big guy and put a dog collar on him. He can sleep at the end of my bed and keep the imaginary intruders away. Lmao
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    I have this fear that someone is going to grab me by my feet when i am in bed .
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Spider poster

I hate you. :sad:
  • tumblr_lzb0xj6IGc1qh2tf9o1_500.gif

So not cool! Lmao freaky a** spiders.
  • Fat people.

Things grabbing my feet well I'm underwater or my feet are hanging off of my bed

Spiders

Birds
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Since I was a teen the noise a coat hanger makes against the next hanger makes me nauseous. Do you have a strange phobia?
    i laughed out loud sorry lol
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Carpet, can't touch it, feel it, hear it or really even think about it.
  • leaderzzz
    leaderzzz Posts: 113 Member
    Lol fat people! You will be scared of me! Oats
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Holding helium filled balloons sends me into a state of anxiety. Especially outside. I don't even like to look at other people holding them.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    spiders, they creep me out
  • Popsicle wooden sticks (ewwww), CLOWNS!!!!!, mimes, ventriloquist dummies, and enclosed spaces.
  • Bird poop. I get paranoid when a huge flock of birds fly overhead because I think it's just going to rain down on me.
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    I am an emetophobe. I fear vomit. Myself vomiting, my children vomiting or a stranger vomiting.

It is a horrible phobia to live with. I've had people make fun of me for it. The hardest part is that I can't just avoid it like many people can avoid their phobia. It's a bodily function, you can't escape that.

Snakes scare me too, but I would take a snake over vomit.

I didn't know there was a name for it, but I'm an emetophobe. Haven't thrown up since 1991, and that includes through pregnancies. One of my biggest fears about becoming a mom was having to clean up vomit. Thankfully my kids have always been great pukers and have almost always made it to a toilet, haha.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    crowds, femals and being alone for the rest of my life
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Space aliens... I can't think about it too much or I get freaked out because they are omnipotent and nothing can stop them.