Folks with daughters....

Options

Replies

• oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    In the south we would of stomped a mudhole in em and walked it dry. Just sayin....

Because I'm a single full time dad and had a guy follow my daughter back to me in a mall one day and she was 10 at the time. I wasn't but a few aisles over but I scared the crap outta that guy.

Way to do the right thing brotha.

Z, the protective daddy

wow, crazy
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    thanks for stepping in.wish there were more like you
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    As a woman I thank you. The father of my daughter, and the father of these girls, also thank you.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post: I have 3 grown up daughters and an empty nest. Even then I worry about them. World stats state than 1 in 3 women will be sexual abused. That is horrifying .....
    By a person known to them or a family member, get your facts right!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    So glad you were looking out for them. As a mother to a 16 year old daughter, I would do the same. There are some real creepers out there.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Someone started a thread recently saying how a young girl had been sent into a hot tub by her coach where there were 2 men, the poster was concerned so followed the girl in there.

She was then blasted by pages and pages of posts saying she was wrong to jump to conclusions etc etc and some men felt insulted.

This post goes to show her concerns were more than justified.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WELL i am glad that you are in my friends lists for starters.
    THAT *kitten*!
    would love to kick his *kitten*!
    I have a 14 year old that lives at the Y.
    if he dare approach her...
    I would cut his balls off.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post: I have 3 grown up daughters and an empty nest. Even then I worry about them. World stats state than 1 in 3 women will be sexual abused. That is horrifying .....

They are NOT my facts, it was on CBC news. Isn't the fact that women are sexually abused horrifying regardless of the stats ? - sheesh
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Good grief! So glad you were there and stood up for those girls. Well done.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    As the mother of a teenage daughter, thank you so much!! As a Y employee, thank you too! I'm so surprised this Y has mixed sex steam room/sauna facilities and that they allow under 18 to use them. Seems like you're just inviting trouble that way. But I'm fortunate to work at a 200,000 square foot Y, so we have the room to have separate facilities. I do know that there are men that prowl the men's facility, but they are hitting up other men, at least they are adults (they've even posted on Craigslist before, so my DH won't use those facilities to be safe!). Our Y doesn't allow teens to use these. I would write down the facts, however, and report it. It could be that this has happened before and they might be able to track this person down if it's been reported before. He seems awful brazen to do that in front of others, so who knows what else he may do.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options

They are NOT my facts, it was on CBC news. Isn't the fact that women are sexually abused horrifying regardless of the stats ? - sheesh

http://www.turningpointservices.org/Sexual Assault - Statistics.htm
    Try this, this just the USA, so don't try to derail a parents concern for their daughters
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    So everything you see on TV news is in fact True?
    #Whiteknight is biging himself up for ‘defending’ two girls at the ‘Y’ and everyone else is all getting off in a testosterone/ hormone fuelled rant about what they’d have done, had they been there. Or going on about Creeps, yet strangers are the last of your worries if you have kids 90% of abuse is people you trust, husbands, brothers, siblings, family friends, neighbours baby sitters, coaches and trusted members of your community.
    Spend too much time worrying about where the danger is not coming from and you miss the real signs.
    “They were at most 14 years old. They were both slim and wearing bikinis” over precise description after long and close observation…
    “things that make you go hmmm”
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks for stepping in.

3 daughters, 5 hand guns. I got this covered.

My thoughts exactly! Soo many sickos out there:(
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 13 and I know she has no idea how the world works but she has always been skeptical of men. I think I took comfort in that. But recently I caught her looking at inappropriate stuff online. I realized, she was just as naive as the other girls her age. I am sharing this story with her. Thanks for sharing.
  • rgrstetson
    rgrstetson Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Way to go man. If more people had the intestinal fortitude to step up like you did the world would be a little bit safer place.
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    This just turned my stomach. My daughter is almost 11 and is actually spending this week at the y. You did the right thing. I think I might have punched him in the balls.sick twisted s.o.b.!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Someone started a thread recently saying how a young girl had been sent into a hot tub by her coach where there were 2 men, the poster was concerned so followed the girl in there.

She was then blasted by pages and pages of posts saying she was wrong to jump to conclusions etc etc and some men felt insulted.

No it does not. I completely agree with this OP, but the objection many of us had to the previous post was that the woman was worried because men were simply there. Men can be either good or bad. Just like women. Clearly the OP in this situation did the right thing.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    So everything you see on TV news is in fact True?
    #Whiteknight is biging himself up for ‘defending’ two girls at the ‘Y’ and everyone else is all getting off in a testosterone/ hormone fuelled rant about what they’d have done, had they been there. Or going on about Creeps, yet strangers are the last of your worries if you have kids 90% of abuse is people you trust, husbands, brothers, siblings, family friends, neighbours baby sitters, coaches and trusted members of your community.
    Spend too much time worrying about where the danger is not coming from and you miss the real signs.
    “They were at most 14 years old. They were both slim and wearing bikinis” over precise description after long and close observation…
    “things that make you go hmmm”

Your anger about this thread makes me go 'hmm' what is your problem?!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

No it does not. I completely agree with this OP, but the objection many of us had to the previous post was that the woman was worried because men were simply there. Men can be either good or bad. Just like women. Clearly the OP in this situation did the right thing.

You have no idea what it is like to be a a teenage girl, so really you haven't the first clue what you're talking about.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Thank you.