5'4/5'5 Thick girls

Options
124»

Replies

• cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    "Yes, there is such a thing as being “big boned.” If we took 100 girls your age and height and measured wrist circumference (mostly bone there, not fat), we would find some minor differences due to bone size. This used to be referred to as having a small, medium, or large frame. But bone size is not felt to have much influence on healthy WEIGHT ranges. There is a wide difference in the weight according to a persons height and according to the size of their frame."
  • popo0509
    popo0509 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4" and my lightest weight was 140lbs but I was still a lil thick but I was a size 8 and it suited me. I could have lost a little bit more of the jiggle and toned it up though but I probably still would have not been ok with 125...I don't thick it would have looked right on me. My goal right now is 135 but I want to be toned this time.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Get to what you're comfortable and happy at. I'm 5'4" but have a small frame and I look and feel best at 115-120 (size 4 for me.) That's definitely not the case for everyone my height though.
    Ultimately, as long as you're healthy, be what weight makes YOU feel best. You're the one that lives with it. :smile:
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    5'4" 190lbs here, I feel my ideal weight would be 150. Anything smaller and I feel like I'd look like bones. I definitely carry fat on me, but my thighs/calves are extremely dense/muscular. Really just want to get rid of the back fat, some belly, and underarms!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the thick girls. Carry on :)

LMFAO!!! Kuddos!!!
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm the same .... I don't think my body would let me get to 125lbs! I'm glad someone else accepts the thickness like me :-)
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have been 120. I looked terrible. I was probably most comfortable around 140ish. I remember trying to get down to 130 and it was such a struggle. I felt like my body didn't want to do it and I never achieved that goal. At this point I'd be happy with 150 and size 10.

And, yeah, I'm big boned/have a large frame.
  • prisan512
    prisan512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I am 5'4", 159 pounds, and fit comfortably in a US size 6. My ideal weight is about 140-145 which puts me easily in a size 4. I have been below 140 before and looked terrible. I have a mesomorph body type so can carry a lot of weight for my height.

I remember when I was 145, nice figure and all, but I was a size 9 in jeans, and I'm 5'5" ... Don't remember seeing a 4 ever lol .. Good for you!
  • prettypaleo67
    Options
    Yeah, I dunno, I have always been very "dense" Even when I was at my peak weight of 183 pounds a few years ago, I never got
    above a size 10/12. Then again, with my dense frame I'll never be a size 0 either, and I'm fine with that!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'7" smallish framed ectomorph who weighs 123 pounds, and I'm thick too in my own way: thick in the waist. When I was in high school I thought of myself as the chubby girl because my poorly defined waist meant I needed larger jeans than friends who were around my height and not exactly skinny. Somehow I completely missed noticing that I WAS kind of skinny and that most of these friends who wore smaller jeans probably outweighed me at the time. They just happened to be built the way Levi Strauss & Co thought females ought to be built and I wasn't.
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like this topic. I just told my husband yesterday that I wanted to lose 30 pounds and he looked at me like I was nuts and asked how much I want to weigh... when I told him 130, he was shocked that I'm currently 160. Maybe guys are just dumb and don't know what a woman's body looks like at different weights but I have always been "solid". I'd rather that than a flabby 160. I think 140 would be more realistic. I wear a size 10 right now and have been doing Insanity for almost the full 60 days (one week to go!) and haven't seen a huge difference. I would love to lose 20 more pounds and keep my curves and muscle but it seems I can't work out and lose weight at the same time. My goal is to be a size 6 or 8 jeans. I'm 5'5"
  • montlucia
    Options
    I have a heavy frame. I read somewhere that to measure the BMI of a heavy-framed person you multiply the number by 0.9. I used that same method to work out my most healthy weight range for my form. The average female celebrity weight is probably between 125 and 135lbs. Thus for a heavy frame the ideal is between 138lbs and 150lbs. [btw I made that calculation based on my own height which is 5ft 4.5"]

That sounds about right for me. I'm going to get down to 150lbs and see how I feel.

As per what I said above about celebrity weights, there are various unreliable online sources which claim that Beyoncé is less than 120lbs, something I very much doubt based on her frame and muscle tone. Most of the published weights and heights of celebrities are seriously skewed. I see weights between 89 and 120lbs touted as ideal but I can't see how you can be that weight and not look emaciated unless you are very slight and quite short. I have a friend who lives in LA and has told me about how the celebrities she sees are often shorter than what Hollywood reports.

I believe that Beyoncé is about 5ft 3" or 5ft 4" and my friend says that JLO is a similar height, maybe shorter. I reckon they probably count as thick framed and I can't imagine them being 125lbs.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    No., I was 154 pounds" so called thick" which really means fat, and I'm only 5 feet tall, weighing 106-115 pounds my whole life then a 3-4 year span I got heavy, use to THINK I was cute, said the same thing you guys are saying, until I went to the doctor because one day I couldn't take it anymore. I had convinced myself I was fine at a size 8 and I was cute and ALL of that mess. Then the weight took its toll on my triglycerides and heart... I was only 34. Stats like a 65 year old . So you can convince yourself all you want, talking about sickly and what not, but truth be it, it's not the looks or whatever, it's your health. No such thing as thick, or big boned only fat. When my friend took a picture of me from behind ... Pshhhhh no. The one thing I do agree on is all body types are different , this is true, but small frames have no business carrying around and excess of 25 plus pounds, it's doing more damage than you realize.

Ummmm, the op is wanting to be in her healthy BMI range. She is only a few pounds over now. ???? Make assumptions about your own stats, not hers. She is talking about being on the upper end of her HEALTHY (not overweight) BMI range, not the lower end. You're short. She's average.
  • montlucia
    Options
    Do any of you thick girls worry about your arms? They are literally the most annoying part of my body and I want to tone them up but even doing just a little bit of work with weights has made some tops too small in the shoulders. At the same time I have big hips (41.5 inches) which makes exercise a bit challenging - can always do more on the floor than involving use of my arms!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    for me, i have large breasts and i like large, defined shoulders so i wear 1-2 sizes larger in tops than pants and i am okay with that. dresses don't really do it for me, so it's not an issue.