Eating clean and butter

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I LOVE butter too.. Try I can't believe it's not butter spray. The flavor without the guilt!

:noway:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Never mind this thread is about eating clean --- 900 calories in ONE bottle of that stuff!
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    I LOVE butter too.. Try I can't believe it's not butter spray. The flavor without the guilt!

Thats not a clean eating food tho
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Never mind this thread is about eating clean --- 900 calories in ONE bottle of that stuff!
    You eat the whole bottle at one time?!?!?! Yikes! :wink: jk - it is def not clean, tho.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    clean eating
    Then I think it's fine. Try Kerrygold butter. It's from grass fed cows.

I wonder how they get away with that? Cattle will be grazed in the summer, probably fed silage (which is made of gass, obviously) in the winter, but I can't see them getting no cake whatsoever.

Hay?

Hay doesn't have the same DM protein as silage, and you can get more cuts per year of silage and make more of the growing season.

I still cant see a Fresian, Aryshire or Holstein (or a Jersey for that matter) not getting any concentrates. I'm guessing 'grassfed' means: "sometimes eats grass"

I also can't believe in some countries you can label something "butter" which is plainly not butter because it has other stuff in it. Over here I think it has to be called 'spread'.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Try making your own. I saw it on Jamie Oliver. Just throw some cream and salt (if you want) into a food processor - so easy and you'll impress all your friends - pretty clean but i don't know how you'd work out the cals. (What's left is whey (and sugar) which you can use in a smoothie)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Butter is processed and therefore not clean
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If the only ingredient is cream then butter is not processed just churned.. If you take cream and put it in your food processor you will get butter too. Is that considered processed?
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Substitute for olive oil?

i plan on using olive oil - its more a taste thing for a change when eating my veggies etc

I know, butter is so yummy - but I save it for eating out only. At home I stick to the unsaturated fats if I can.
  • 3laine75
    Options
    If the only ingredient is cream then butter is not processed just churned.. If you take cream and put it in your food processor you will get butter too. Is that considered processed?

Sorry, yes, it's a food processor.
  • 3laine75
    Options

Feel mean now, sorry. It is, technically, processed but it obviously hasn't been pumped full of crap so should work for people eating clean. And I think the chap above meant store bought butter.

I use lurpak by the way - just use the homemade stuff for showing off.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    No butter EvEr!!!! lol

Coconut spread/coconut oil/ Flaxseed oil <~~~~ good fat
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    In no way did I mean to insult people's butter.

my butter has been insulted and demands an apology :laugh:

seriously. kerrygold butter is DELICIOUS but expensive by me. my husband is trying to eat 'cleaner' - he reads ingredient labels like a madman. which is good, but it's made grocery shopping a bit less fun than it used to be.
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I follow a clean eating lifestyle and eat real butter with salt.
  • dailyfunshine
    dailyfunshine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Butter - as long as it's organic and clean - is okay in moderation. Healthy fats actually help you to lose weight! :)
  • getto123
    Options
    Organic pature raised butter or ghee is just fine for clean eating, as long as you watch the portions
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    So, anything i make in my food processor isn't clean? Like, almond butter? That doesn't see right!

I like the thought of making my own butter and didn't realize whey is left over? I've been wanting to read about making my own whey.

I buy and use organic butter, but in very limited quantities. My kiddos like it in their veggies and on our popcorn. I can't imagine life without butter. Coconut oil just doesn't do it sometimes! -Laura
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Are you just trying to make fitness more challenging by creating handicaps for yourself?
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You can use butter as long as it's real butter - no margarine and no spreadable butter because it contains vegetable oil.

^^ According to Dax Moy anyway which is 100% pure natural foods.
  • 3laine75
    Options
    So, anything i make in my food processor isn't clean? Like, almond butter? That doesn't see right!

I like the thought of making my own butter and didn't realize whey is left over? I've been wanting to read about making my own whey.

I buy and use organic butter, but in very limited quantities. My kiddos like it in their veggies and on our popcorn. I can't imagine life without butter. Coconut oil just doesn't do it sometimes! -Laura

Yes, once you've finished 'processing' :D the butter will be sitting in watery stuff - that's whey and if you use it then it would probably be easier to work out the cals as you'd just enter it on here as cream. (For the butter and the whey, that is)