Stereotypes that DON'T fit you

Options

Replies

• Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, Hispanic, and I don't have 5 kids by 4 different guys and live off Government Assistance.
    Oh, and that because I'm Hispanic, I should already know Spanish.

Aggravating.

my parents adopted 5 kids, myself included, 2 are boys who are half puerto rican, so for some reason my mom decided to put my brother in AP spanish when he was in 9th grade because she thought he'd be naturally talented, yeah that idea blew up lol
    edited to fix a spelling error
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm Mexican, from the ghetto, but:

1. i speak perfect English with no accent and no Ebonics. Even though Spanish was my first language. I'm educated so sorry, no cholo.
    2. My family are not illegal aliens, were 5 generations American. Sorry I'm not a wet back.

3. I have never been to jail.

4. My family has money, were not on welfare with kids from everybody.

5. I hate tejano music.

6. I did not vote for Obama.

7. My kids are not gang bangers nor have they ever been to jail, deal drugs, or have kids. They work and go to college.

8. And just because I'm light skinned DOSENT mean I think I'm white.

9. I'm not married to a cholo. I married a black man.

10. I don't think the cops are out to get me.
  • ifoundroadkill
    ifoundroadkill Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Don't lie about us being Sister Wives ;)
    Because I Homeschool my children I sit on my butt and really don't :/

That loving the Lord makes me a prude

This ^^
    And I'm from Utah- born and raised. But I'm not a Mormon or a polygamist. lol EVERYONE assumes I'm one or the other!

^^^^Utah here too have to agree!! Oh and I don't do meth or drive a minivan!
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yes, I went to beauty school. No, it was not because I was dumb in high school.
    This! No, it was not because I had no other options, it is my Passion.

Yes I am a Hairstylist, no I do not have 6 different colors in my hair.

Ha! Recently I was informed that, "Wow! All the other makeup artists I've seen looked....well, you look pretty normal."

That's the first time I've been called normal in a long time, but I digress.
  • KayCollins3
    Options
    I had my first child at 17, but I'm not a deadbeat mom.
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Okay, some of the stereotypes for Mormons mentioned:

1) Multiple wives -- Nope. one's plenty for me, thank you.
    2) Can't drink Coke or Pepsi -- Nope. Enjoying a diet coke even as I type.
    3) Minivan -- yep, I do have a minivan. My wife drives it most, but I drive it if we're taking the family anywhere.
    4) Big families -- 3 kids. Is that big? And I'm pretty sure we're done in that department, though you never really know.
    5) Yes I go to church. No, I wouldn't say I'm a prude either. (someone mentioned that, probably unrelated). In fact, I probably ought to be a little more prudish, but hey, I am what I am, so they say.
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i am pale, have naturally dark hair and like black eyeliner so i must be goth. not at all. just don't tan all that easily and i can't part with the eyeliner.

i'm a girl so i can't pick up heavy things. i like to do the heavy lifting and moving of furniture.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    And when I tell people that I work at the police department, why is it that the next question is ALWAYS "Are you a dispatcher?"

I want to arrest the next ignoramus that seriously asks me that...

Hahaha... That's like when I would tell people that I was going to school to be a "meteorologist" I would either get "Oh you're into space and stuff?" or "So you wanna be on TV?"

Um, 1) I think you are think Astronomer... not the same thing, even though we both do look "up" a lot"... and 2) no, I'm more of a Weather Service chick not a Weather Channel (which sucks in my opinion) chick.
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    I'm black and I did not vote for the President.
    I wear fitted jeans, suits, etc.
    I dont drink or smoke
    I am not into rims, jewelry, bling bling or other flashy things
    Do not have any baby mama's
    Am attracted to black women
    believes hip hop is counter productive
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    White girl who LOVES spicy Mexican food. I ate burritos smothered in green chili almost every day--WHILE PREGNANT!!

Been a nurse for 15+ years and I'm the least germophobic person on the planet. Nothing crazy, but I'm not going through life with Lysol spray and a face mask either.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE football, video games, computers and various electronic gadgets, but also love camping, fishing, and probably going to be getting into hunting as well.

People who first meet me think I'm sweet and innocent; I could (but usually don't) swear with the best of them, tell raunchy jokes and stories, and am generally very hard to offend.
  • 98by2014
    98by2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    English and don't drink tea 24/7.
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    When my in laws have a bar b que they always think that just because I'm 220lbs that I would normally eat 2 burgers and a hotdog at 1 setting.

I hate that stereotype
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Not good at math.
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm from Texas. Everyone assumes that I love GWB. I don't. I don't like Perry either, though I'm more right than left. But I'm just to the right of the middle.

I love to quilt & sew. People are always shocked by that because I guess I don't look like I have a creative bone in my body? Not sure ...

People think that because I've raised two children, I must love all kids. I don't. Mostly OPK's (Other People's Kids) drive me up the wall and I want to duct tape their mouths shut and tie their hands and feet together. This is because often, OPK's are not controlled in public and I get tired of being run into while I shop for clothing, as OPK's dart in and out of clothing racks while their parents ignore them.

People think I'm outgoing and friendly. I hate people. I like individuals that have proven they have something to offer society, but dislike people in general. I am a very happy introvert with no desire to know someone's life story 10 minutes after we meet.

I'm overweight, therefore I must not care about how I look. This is carried even further because I have no desire to wear a lot of make up to look like a clown. My skin is very fair - anything much more than a hint of make up and lip gloss and I look like I escaped from a circus.

I have a good job, therefore I must make enough money to pay for everybody's everything (this is a common misconception with my idiot ex. It's not MY fault he was too lazy to go find a job that paid more than $25k a year).
  • chio_04
    chio_04 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm Mexican, therefore, uneducated. False. And must have tortillas and beans with every meal; I rarely eat tortillas, as well as beans.

Been overweight all my life, so:
    - I'm extremely weak; wrong, I've always been the person helping to move heavy stuff around, and I lift.
    -I don't care about my health; I've watched what I eat ever since I can remember.

Oh yeah, just because I live in Las Vegas, NV does not mean I live in a hotel, nor do I go clubbing every weekend or have one night stands.
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    I fight for a hobby...which means I wear Tap Out tees, look for fights randomly, dye my hair crazy colors, and am uneducated===all false!
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    San Diegan. Never surfed. Don't particularly like the beach or sun.

University student. Don't drink alcohol and/or smoke pot.

Half-Asian. Suck at school.

Art student. Not a hipster. Not Tim Burton.

Edited to Add:
    American. Not an ignorant, low-IQ moron.
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    That I am always on time because I'm Swiss. My husband (Irish ) is, not me.
    I'm weak because I'm short... I unload pallets faster than many guys.
    I must be scared of spiders... entomology fascinates me.
    Because I'm religious I have no clue... if that's what you want to believe :laugh:
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm from Texas, I don't own a horse and being southern no, we do not all act like honey boo boo and her clan that my friends is called trash not southern lol Also being 5'9 no I have never played basketball and have no interest in the sport of basketball....
  • spongekitty
    spongekitty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm not bad at math and science.