Stereotypes that DON'T fit you

Options

Replies

• n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm from Kentucky, and I do not now nor have I ever, had a crush on, been married to, kissed or procreated with my cousin.

Uncle?

Hey, im from Kentucky, kissing cousins is swell. lol

Just know, that if you were my cousin, I would fit this stereotype. To a T.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I like dungeons and dragons, video games, COS PLay, I use to play Magic the gathering a lot.

No one believes me, why?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm a FAR better driver than my husband. I've been told a number of times that I should be a stunt driver.

Also, I can dance AND I'm pretty damn good at basketball.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    That because I have more muscle than the average person I must be stupid.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    That I like cheese b/c I'm from Wisconsin.

Oh wait. Screw that, that's totally true. Someone pass the Merlot Bellavitano, please....
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Born and grew up in fishing and lobster areas and I pretty much hate all sea food.
  • Slamdunkpro
    Slamdunkpro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm blonde and very intelligent.

You spelled "intelligent" wrong.

made you look :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I like dungeons and dragons, video games, COS PLay, I use to play Magic the gathering a lot.

No one believes me, why?
    Um.

I believe you?

Seriously, I play MTG, video games, love comic books, dig anime...the list goes on.

The whole "pretty girls aren't nerds" stereotype (I'm assuming that's the one you were referring to), has been debunked a number of times.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    That im a player or am an alcoholic cause i never married

clearly that makes sense. lol

You would be shocked how many women would not trust me and put up a guard cause i never married. I guess many thinks you can not be complete if you dont marry or something like that. I dont get it. I look at it this way, I just skipped my first marriage.

It's actually true. I won't lie, when I've dated someone my age or older that's never been married I wonder "Why...." *LOL* Sad that being divorced is LESS questionable sometimes. Hang in there :)
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    that I'm flawed as a woman because I don't want to use my uterus for babies :)

this
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    That I'm a bro, or an ese because I was born in the barrio and related to gang members.
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

You would be shocked how many women would not trust me and put up a guard cause i never married. I guess many thinks you can not be complete if you dont marry or something like that. I dont get it. I look at it this way, I just skipped my first marriage.

You're 38, not 101. What is everyone's rush and obsession with marriage.

On that note, one stereotype I doesn't fit is I'm almost 30 and in NO rush to get married.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian and don't ever say "eh"..I hate hockey...I live in an actual house - not an igloo..I'm not super nice and will punch you.
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm blonde and very intelligent.

You spelled "intelligent" wrong.

Didn't say I wasn't gullible!!!

made you look :)
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    That because I'm gay I can't be manly/masculine.

That because I'm tall I'm violent/scary/good in a fight.

That because I speak properly/a bit posh that I have no idea what's going on 'in the real world.'
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Red haired. I do steal souls, but I don't have any sort of temper at all, though. None. I don't get hot-headed.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I am pretty quiet most of the time, and there seems to be a stereotype that quiet = weak or passive. I am very much neither one.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I'm Canadian and don't ever say "eh"..I hate hockey...I live in an actual house - not an igloo..I'm not super nice and will punch you.

I say "Eh" and love hockey. *hangs head in shame* I so wish I were a little less Wisconsin sometimes. Then again, we don't even have an NHL team.
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm a woman. I can drive stick. Hell, I can probably drive better than most guys, even while wearing stilettos.

I say *kitten* a lot. I'm intelligent.

I have tattoos, piercings, and currently, a mohawk. I listen to country, rap and edm, in addition to various flavors of rock.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

I like the way you think...smart.