THE MOST DISGUSTING DIET FOOD THUS FAR..WHAT'S YOURS???

Options

Replies

• buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE shiritaki noodles. Not because they taste great (by themselves, the have NO taste)... but in an Asian Stirfry- they are AWESOME!! I made the mistake of just draining and rinsing them and them adding them into my stirfry- and yes, the consistency was weird-- they are WET!
    So now I've learned about the 'Dry-Fry' Learned it here on MFP. I toss them in the pan first for about 5-7 minutes, just tossing them around. All that extra moisture gets absorbed or evaporated or something... and THEN I add in my veggies and chicken and delicious spicy peanut sauce.... they are no longer wet and slimy, but delicious and SO filling!!

So I say "Give Shiritaki Noodles a try... but you have to dry-fry first!!'
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    "...So I say "Give Shiritaki Noodles a try... but you have to dry-fry first!!..."

Yes, my Japanese friends tell me they work very well with the Dancing Dead Octopus. Yum, yum--and so low in carbs and calories!
  • supah_
    supah_ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I used to have a love/hate relationship with rice cakes.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    hmm, some of those i really like.,
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Yesterday Special K sucked me in with their 100 calorie brownie bites! I was really hungry shopping after work and saddly I fell prey. They taste all right, but 100 calories for 6 specks?! I think if you formed one normal size brownie out of them it would actually be MORE calorie dense than an actual brownie.

And right now I have given up on my Vitamin Water Zero... blech. The lemonade flavor is good, but this acai-blueberry-pomegranate tastes like sugar free jello. Oh yes, sugar free jello is also disgusting. As is all jello.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    shirataki noodles were awful! I even dry-fried them but I still felt like I was chewing on rubber bands! I also attempted to make cookies from bananas, oats, PB, and cocoa and they were awful! There is a reason cookies have sugar, flour, and eggs.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Anything labeled as diet food...

I now want to eat pie from your abdomen.........
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Anything with the word "diet" in it
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    coconut water..it tasted like I licked off used gym equipment.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I eat food. I don't know what is meant by "diet" food unless you are talking about processed garbage!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    That god awful 89 calorie cobbler recipe that's being passed around in the recipes forum.

Defiling desserts should be the 8th deadly sin.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Diet pop! Or anything else with aspartame!

Side note: Greek yogurt is like a party in my mouth! that thing is beyond delicious!!!!
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    A orange cake on a Carnival Caribbean cruise. That stuff was nasty.
  • Serena_Kitty
    Options
    Fat-free greek yogurt of any kind.

It tastes awful, and feels like eating wet, ground up chalk.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Fat free cheese is evil, as is fat free sour cream.

I found a recipe the other day for baked tilapia on pineapple planks with pico de gallo...word to the wise, pineapple+onion=gross.

Every Fiber One bar I've consumed has been like trying to eat through a boulder.

And I've had the Fiber One brownie...it is a devil non-brownie, but far worse are brownies made with beets instead of sugar. BLECH!

The absolute WORST thing I've ever eaten was a Boca Bratwurst (I went through a vegetarian phase). Not even my dog would eat it.

Caramel corn rice cakes aren't bad, and neither are the Special K chocolate covered pretzel bars.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Fat-free greek yogurt of any kind.

It tastes awful, and feels like eating wet, ground up chalk.

Not exactly chalk (calcium carbonate) but a close cousin. They make fat-free yogurt with skim milk (which, because the butterfat has been taken out, looks blue) and they use titanium dioxide to "whiten" it. What else do they use titanium dioxide in? Wall paint. Read about it here: http://food.thefuntimesguide.com/2009/12/titanium_dioxide.php
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    1. Hungry Girl's Pumpkin Quieshe...time consuming to make, yields a lot and when you are done you end up with slice of what looks like and smells like cat vomit...Never again...

2. Tofu Shirataki Noodles...wet noodles, that you have to drain...when you add them to sauce they kind of remind you of what it would be if you dumped spaghetti on wet ramen noodles. Another Hungry Girl suggestion..NEVER AGAIN.

3. Home made crackers..kept seeing them on Pinterest, so I decided this will be cool and save me money, and I can control the ingredients...FAIL!!!! TASTED LIKE BAKED FLOUR no matter what I added, I followed a recipe for Homemade Graham crackers and Homemade cheese its. Both utterly gross!!!!

4. WASA crackers...Just No.

5. THAT NASTY MAPLE SYRUP DRINK..lemon juice, cayenne pepper, maple syrup....THOSE THINGS SHOULD NEVER BE TOGETHER. EVER.

When I read the thread title the first thing that came to mind was the Shiraitaki noodles. Followed closely by 99% of the Hungry Girl recipes (processed garbage)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Anything labeled as diet food...
    this. esp diet soda. GROSS
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Fat free yoghurts and skimmed milk. :noway:

Full fat all the way!!
  • nerual13
    nerual13 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    People will probably think I'm crazy, but, Greek yogurt. To me it tastes like sour cream. All the other yogurts I like. Just this one for some reason. Maybe it's the brand.

That's kinda why I like it! I will use it as a sub for sour cream or just eat it right out of the container :) But then, I'd willingly eat sour cream out of the container too :p Hrrrrm, maybe that's how I ended up here.......