THE MOST DISGUSTING DIET FOOD THUS FAR..WHAT'S YOURS???

Options

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Anything with aspartame in it. Yuck!
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Tomato :sick:

I've always thought they looked bad and smelled bad. I had honestly never tried to eat one until I decided to eat healthier (2 yrs ago). I cannot remember ever having another item in my mouth that made me want to puke like that lone tomato did. Hat's off to those of you that actually enjoy them.
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    More of a health food than a diet food, but Bakd Bars. Apparently if you heat the cinnamon bun flavour in the microwave, it'll taste just like the real thing! Funny, as I don't remember cinnamon buns tasting like @ss.

And Mio water flavours have a gross chemical aftertaste.

I never tried that Mio water by just by the color I knew it would be nasty.
  • MucGay
    MucGay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    morning star farms veggie burger. Yuckkkk.
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    In my attempt to get rid of grains, I made this "bread" with ground up flax seeds and egg whites. It looked like something I'd use as insulation in my attic, and I could only imagine that insulation tasted just like this "bread." It was horrible. I no longer have to wonder why the Paleolithic people didn't last...I wouldn't want to live either without ANY grains. Blehhhhh!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I considered that diet once until I read the words "Bone Soup" and blood...what's with all the blood?

Nope. Can't make myself do it.

You are brave Sister Edible Insulation Maker!
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Kelp noodles. I was looking to alternatives to pasta/noodles/spaghetti/rice in the local health food store and...no. Just no. I felt sick afterwards.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms calorie free "peanut butter". I put the words peanut butter in quotes because whatever Walden Farms puts in that jar is not, by any means, even distantly related to peanut butter. I don't have very discerning tastes, but it should be illegal to call that sludge peanut butter.

Wladen Farms calorie free marsh-mello creme is what I bought with their peanut butter. I thought mmmm guilt free PB and MM on toast. NOT::puke puke :sick: both jar's went directly into the trash can. My mom bought the W.F. Apple Butter yuck spread. We should have taken it back to the store for a refund, because that stuff was not cheap.

I'm not usually all that picky, but both the Walden Farms "Peanut Butter" and "Marshmallow Creme" went straight in the trash. Blech! Truly horrible! And as said above, not cheap either!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I got their caramel sauce to put in shakes... Tastes copper-ey? Like sucking on a penny!
    Walden Farms calorie free "peanut butter". I put the words peanut butter in quotes because whatever Walden Farms puts in that jar is not, by any means, even distantly related to peanut butter. I don't have very discerning tastes, but it should be illegal to call that sludge peanut butter.

Wladen Farms calorie free marsh-mello creme is what I bought with their peanut butter. I thought mmmm guilt free PB and MM on toast. NOT::puke puke :sick: both jar's went directly into the trash can. My mom bought the W.F. Apple Butter yuck spread. We should have taken it back to the store for a refund, because that stuff was not cheap.

I'm not usually all that picky, but both the Walden Farms "Peanut Butter" and "Marshmallow Creme" went straight in the trash. Blech! Truly horrible! And as said above, not cheap either!
  • jbonow1231
    jbonow1231 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the shirtaki noodles that others really seem to hate, lol. But then - as I've been gluten free for a year and a half now (medical issues rather than diet choice) - I've kind of just come to terms with some things having a strange texture. I don't mind the coconut milk yogurt, but again, that be because I've gotten used to that kind of thing.

Fat Free Feta Cheese, that was pretty rough, because they try and make up for the fat with salt, and its like shockingly bad.
  • errorika
    errorika Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero "Ice Cream"...so expensive...and so bad...

Oh my god yes! It's awful. Yeah, you could eat eat a whole pint for only a few calories, but who could choke it down?
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Anything labelled fat free or low fat.

Anything by Special K.

I've not had a lot of luck with Hungry Girl's recipes either (I have, however, had a lot of luck with The Comfort Food Diet Cookbook).

I refuse to even try those shirataki noodle things. They just look disgusting.

Anything sugar free. It's not low carb or low calorie and they have a very strong chemical aftertaste.
  • Tandrence
    Tandrence Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Kashi 'Go Lean' cereal. It smells like a bowl of plain popcorn soaking in milk and tastes like cardboard.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    1. Hungry Girl's Pumpkin Quieshe...time consuming to make, yields a lot and when you are done you end up with slice of what looks like and smells like cat vomit...Never again...

2. Tofu Shirataki Noodles...wet noodles, that you have to drain...when you add them to sauce they kind of remind you of what it would be if you dumped spaghetti on wet ramen noodles. Another Hungry Girl suggestion..NEVER AGAIN.

3. Home made crackers..kept seeing them on Pinterest, so I decided this will be cool and save me money, and I can control the ingredients...FAIL!!!! TASTED LIKE BAKED FLOUR no matter what I added, I followed a recipe for Homemade Graham crackers and Homemade cheese its. Both utterly gross!!!!

4. WASA crackers...Just No.

5. THAT NASTY MAPLE SYRUP DRINK..lemon juice, cayenne pepper, maple syrup....THOSE THINGS SHOULD NEVER BE TOGETHER. EVER.

LOL! Agree with you on the WASA crackers!!!!

And #5 as well... when I was young(er) and naive... I read about this and went out and got all the ingredients and thought I was gonna lose all this weight and be super skinny yada yada blah...... I lasted 3/4 a way through Day 1 and say No Thank You.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki noodles - I really wanted to love them but it was definitely a texture thing!
    Tofu - again with the texture
    Any fat free cheese - It is just wrong :sick:
    Mio - tastes like chemicals
  • MichelleZannone
    Options
    I don't mind the shirtaki noodles that others really seem to hate, lol. But then - as I've been gluten free for a year and a half now (medical issues rather than diet choice) - I've kind of just come to terms with some things having a strange texture. I don't mind the coconut milk yogurt, but again, that be because I've gotten used to that kind of thing.

Fat Free Feta Cheese, that was pretty rough, because they try and make up for the fat with salt, and its like shockingly bad.

It's official my dear you have killed your taste buds :laugh:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Anything labeled as diet food...

^^^This! My feelings, exactly. Anything "diet", "reduced fat", "low fat", "sugar free", etc. Awful frankenfoods. I also can't stand anything made from soy (I was a veggie/vegan for 20 years).

I have no idea who "Hungry Girl" is, but without even looking at her site it seems pretty clear to me why she's hungry.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes, AKA: "air cookies" :noway: :laugh:

OMG, these are so bad - I tried some "snack a jacks". It was like eating polystyrene - and the "cheese" flavoured ones tasted like vomit.......I can still remember the taste and it was years ago....:sick:
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    It is all coming back to me...the" cheese" was powdery on them..I'm retching.... by even thinking about them..!
    :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Miracle noodles - ugh!
    Any low fat butter or margarine - does not taste like butter, what's the point?
    Aubergine/egg plant, the only veggie I don't like
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My own home made cabbage soup