Dessert Ideas Please!

Options

Replies

• anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I made rice pudding last night. 1 quart 2% milk, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 cup white rice, dash salt. Cook in double boiler over simmering water for 2 hours. A half cup is 90 calories, 17 carbs, 1 fat, 3 protein. I don't like artificial sweetners. This seems quite reasonable to me for a dessert. I sprinkle on either cinnamon or nutmeg before serving.

Also like Edy's slow churned, half the fat, french vanilla ice cream. Half cup is 100 cal.

Low fat yogurt is a standby.

Apple slices with a TBS of natural peanut butter or nutella for dipping. Especially good with Honey Crisp apples.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Open pint of ice cream calculate how much is 100-200 cals and eat that much
    Depending on the brand, that could be the amount of ice cream stuck to the lid. . . .

That's what you get for poor planning if you want to fit in a legit dessert
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    OH I love desserts, I'm gonna have to come back to this thread...

One desert I had made for myself was:

Jello (sugar free)
    Mixed Berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
    Cool Whip Free
    Crumble a graham cracker over it.
    If they have pre-sliced Angel Food Cake you can crumble up 1 slice into it too. But I find that if it's not already sliced I will eat the whole thing. :frown:

Another Ice Cream alternative is Arctic Zero. You can find it in pint sizes at Whole Foods and King Soopers/Krogers. It is not made from cream, it is made from Whey Protein, has 150 calories for the whole pint. You want it to be soft when you eat it, I suggest microwave a frozen pint for about 28 seconds - just tastes better. Honestly it really does taste good and just like ice cream - I like the Mint Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chocolate flavors. You can also add fruit to it, like a banana.

www.myarcticzero.com
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE Dessert Person. These are some of my faves!

Homemade frozen Yogurt: 35-100 Calories depending on yogurt of choice.( I use astro Zero or Silhouettes(35 cals), but Greek is great, too!) Mix together your favourite berries and yogurt in a container and toss in the freezer for 25 minutes.

Chapman's Fudge Lollies- 70 Calories for 2 sticks, my fiance and I have one each, so 35 cals per stick. Gives you that chocolate fix.

Homemade apple cobbler- Half of a sliced Apple, a tablespoon of your favourite Granola, sprinkle on some cinnamon and pop in the microwave for 15 seconds. Warm apple love!- 40 Calories(Could very depending on granola choice)

Banana Oreos: Half(or whole) banana, cut into slices. cover one slice with Peanut butter and top with another slice of banana. Repeat to other slices. Use a tablespoon of peanut butter in total. I use all natural peanut butter. *Picture Below*

*Chocolate Raspberry bites: Take a half cup of Raspberries and fill the raspberry holes with a Dark chocolate chip. Repeat with remaining raspberries. *I will also stuff the raspberries with blueberries!

4e3ed7e3-11cc-459f-8986-65e9ec959de2_zpsf3e56b1f.jpg

oh my yes, hmmm I wonder about adding some Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup or Chocolate Fruit Dip over those bananas...

http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html#

I was just told about Walden Farms today, looking to try it out.. :tongue:
  • ElyseIliana
    Options
    You cut up a banana and then freeze it. Take the cut up pieces, a spoonful of peanut butter, a spoonful of Nutella, a little skim milk and blend!
    The more blending/milk the more pudding like it will be, but you can throw that badboy back in the freezer!
    Tastes amazing! Less than 200 calories, 3 grams of fat and 4 grams fiber! Without the Nutella I'm sure it would be even less and taste just as good. (And you could probably add some chocolate protein powder without a big taste change!)
    I've also seen people subout stuff for honey, caramel, yogurt etc, but this literally took me 5 minutes (aside from freezing the bananas) and is super lowfat and awesome!
  • carmour007
    carmour007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love blending fat free greek yogurt with frozen fruit and a little bit of splenda. It is like a super healthy fro-yo. My favorite is using frozen mango from Trader Joe's.
  • ElyseIliana
    Options
    Also make low fat chocolate (or any flavor) pudding from scratch and than mix it with entire sugar free cool whip container- then freeze it = chocolate icecream
  • seren7189
    seren7189 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    take a piece of angel food cake, break it up into bite size, take frozen berries and warm them in the microwave and then squish them with a fork and put on top of the cake and add a drizzle of chocolate syrup!!! YUMMMM
  • ravinraven718
    Options
    I freeze bananas and then put them in a food processor with a few chocolate chips and maybe a sprinkle of coconut and have banana "ice cream".
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free cheesecake pudding made with skim milk + 2 oz sliced strawberries + 1/2 serving of granola = deconstructed strawberry cheesecake.

Comes out to about 155 calories total.
  • MiksG
    MiksG Posts: 2
    Options
    A meringue nest (bought from a supermarket is only approx 50 cals) - add to it raspberries and blueberries and a tablespoon of Yeo valley half fat creme fraiche mixed in with a quarter twaspoon of sugar and quarter teaspoon of raspberry jam! Its a low fat eton mess! Fantastic sweetness!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I usually portion out ice cream or dark chocolate in the amount that fits the number of calories I have left at the end of the day.
    Or peanut butter. Apple or banana slices topped with peanut butter are good, especially with some chocolate chunks sprinkled on the banana peanut butter slices. Sometimes just a big spoon of peanut butter.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The Jello Temptations are pretty good and have absolutely no prep time. The Lemon and Lime flavors are only 80 calories.

Not the Temptations, but I eat sugar free jello pudding almost every night! The Boston Cream Pie is my favorite right now.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    applesauce with cinnamon
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Redi whip and a willing man.
  • shanellev
    shanellev Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i love all of your ideas! i cant wait to try them! thanks guys!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Baked apples, a little cinnamon and YUM!!!!!!!!!

( EVEN GOOD WITH A LITTLE CHEESE :) )
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    instant sugar free pudding mix with 2% milk (tastes the same as regular pudding) chocalotes really good; cake mix, red velvet or cheese cake frozen yogurt with frosted animal crackers/crushed up graham crackers; whole grain toast with peanut butter, banana slices and honey; mini blue berry muffins baked with apple sauce in place of butter and splenda instead of sugar; skinny cow ice cream sandwhiches; york peppermint patties; weight watchers cookie dough/ brownie sundaes (really good)
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Frozen Greek Yogurt Gelato made by Rickland Orchards. They have Vanilla Blueberry and Vanilla Raspberry flavors. Costco sells them in 8 packs. 150 cal for about 1 c. of gelato. So yummy!
  • teenio7
    teenio7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump