what is it with peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    No one has mentioned PB2, it's what I use now or I buy organic.

http://www.bellplantation.com/

Anyone in the UK, check out Amazon/Ebay etc.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    When i heard it is what they feed to people with eating disorders i.e. anorexics in order to increase weight quickly, that was enough to put me off the stuff!!!

:huh:
  • norghost
    Options
    When i heard it is what they feed to people with eating disorders i.e. anorexics in order to increase weight quickly, that was enough to put me off the stuff!!!

If that's true, all it tells me is that peanut butter must be really healthy.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    We have planters, i will have to check and see if it has added suger. How do i tell?

Honey...check the list of ingredients on the label. If it lists sugar, it has added sugar.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    All those Aussies in the know out there - I always buy Kraft PB. Are there better options that are easy to get? Or is Kraft fine?

Kraft is ok though I would probably prefer the Sanitarium product. I don't usually eat peanut butter and my wife buys the Kraft peanut butter for the kids.
    I recommend that you get into the habit of reading food labels if you want to avoid added extras. I also take my smartphone with me when I go shopping and use the scan function on MFP to check the nutrients of particular packaged products.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I normally get the kind that is literally just peanuts, cost a bit more than the crummy kinds with added preservatives, salt & sugar
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Creamy is WAY better then chunky. :smile:

No way :noway: hate creamy!
    Options
    I normally get the kind that is literally just peanuts, cost a bit more than the crummy kinds with added preservatives, salt & sugar

I agree, except for the salt part. Salt makes everything more delicious :love:
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon or so of peanut butter in a banana and blueberry smoothie is my favorite(: You don't need to put a whole lot in since it's pretty powerful, great way to add a little more nutrition to your smoothies.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

^^^^^^Agreed!!!! Crunchy any day!!!! Never buy creamy :sick:
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options

^^^^^^Agreed!!!! Crunchy any day!!!! Never buy creamy :sick:

You chunky lovers are all jut confused, don't worry, you will be OK. Just eat creamy instead and you will be OK. :wink:
    Options
    You chunky lovers are all jut confused, don't worry, you will be OK. Just eat creamy instead and you will be OK. :wink:

This man knows what he's talking about! :drinker:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Your kidding right? It is high in fat and really packs a good punch in calories.

However, it is one of the best things you can eat. Very good fats, protien a whole lot of stuff.

Eat it................Not a whole jar put eat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant buy it as its the only food i cannot say no to, once i know its there it doesnt last long!!! i do think i could eat a whole jar in on esitting if i tried!
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Your kidding right? It is high in fat and really packs a good punch in calories.

However, it is one of the best things you can eat. Very good fats, protien a whole lot of stuff.

Eat it................Not a whole jar put eat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant buy it as its the only food i cannot say no to, once i know its there it doesnt last long!!! i do think i could eat a whole jar in on esitting if i tried!

When this is the case then i agree that it should be avoided. Just like i can't have chips in the house. lol :bigsmile:
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Look at the label and if the only ingredient is peanuts, that's the one to buy.
  • cupboard_stalker
    cupboard_stalker Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has mentioned unblanched skin-on peanut butter!

Things to look out for are:

Added oils (usually palm oil) not good!
    Added salt (check the amount)
    Added sugar (usually more in reduced fat/diet PBs)

Also there has been alot of stuff about the quality of the nuts used in PB, poor quality leading to cancers blah blah blah and also other nasties like rat poop and chemicals. I'm not sure how true all that is, but would you not be happier in buying your own whole nuts and adding your own quantity of salt and/or sugar and if it needs it adding a healthier more economically friendly oil?
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options

Urgh wrong in so many ways!
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What about that PB2 stuff? I saw it at the store the other day. It's a powdered peanut butter lower in fat, but it kinda freeked me out, anybody try it? I thought it might be good for adding to shakes?
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh, and creamy is the way to go. It's called peanut BUTTER. not a jar of peanuts ;)
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Each to their own! I prefer chunky!