what is it with peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have a half a tablespoon every morning on my toast and I use what ever is on sale. Right now it's the planter's with fruit in it :)
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The first time I ran a sprint triathlon, I realized th ennight before I had no idea what you were supposed to eat to fuel up the morning of a triathlon. Thanks to the Internet, I was able to find out. Peanut butter in toast was one recommendation. I LOVE peanut butter but don't eat it a lot because of the calories, but that's not a concern on a day I'm doing a triathlon!

I also allow myself Nutter Butter cookies after donating blood at the blood bank, but I have no illusion that they have any nutritional value.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    use PEANUT BUTTER not some fake subsistute haha this PB2 is such a money making scheme "less calories and less years to your life"
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    We have a whole foods like place that grinds their own peanuts and sells a pound for $4, you can't beat that.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Nothing like crunchy peanut butter, on hot yummy toast.... Yum Yum!!!

I could eat it now ..... Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Well last night I had 3 slices of bread with peanut butter all over it..........) (Late night munchies)
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    All those Aussies in the know out there - I always buy Kraft PB. Are there better options that are easy to get? Or is Kraft fine?

I love Kraft LIGHT pb - the non-light ones make me feel sick at the thought :sick: They taste so oily and smell so bad too haha. I've also compared the calories of Kraft light pb to other Aussie brands, and its the lowest! :happy:

But I wanna try P2, thinking of ordering it online since its not available here in Australia
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    (Well last night I had 3 slices of bread with peanut butter all over it..........) (Late night munchies)

Yep I did that last week.. sooooo sooooo good!
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    PB2 is a joke

THIS ^^^^ I LOVE ME MY PEANUT BUTTER !
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Pretty much as said, its down to the brand. Personally I use Meridian from H&B. It sits in the cupboard and if my fats are down for the day I spoon some into my mouth as a treat!

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=2793&prodid=3188

But compare its ingredients :
    Peanuts Whole Skin On (99%), Sea Salt (1%).

To that of something like sunpat:
    Roasted Peanuts,Stabilizer (E471) ,Cane Sugar ,Peanut Oil ,Sea Salt ,Total Peanut Ingredients (95%)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Om nom nom.

PeanutButter.jpg

Who gave you permission to post that photo of me enjoying my PB?
  • jacobschwarz
    jacobschwarz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    FOOD OF THE GODs!
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It's crack...

LOVE peanut butter, but I stay away from it for now since I'm still on the cutting calorie (just grabbed up some P2B and that helps the cravings a TON).
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Ill let you in on a little secret. I really do not like Peanut butter. I don't know what the hoopla is but its just not my thing.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I brought it to work today to have with a banana... to the grocery store I go for bananas :)

YUM! EAT IT!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    It's awesome.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Om nom nom.

PeanutButter.jpg

:laugh: :heart:

Peanut butter is delicious and nutritious! I eat it creamy or crunchy. I'll take Jiff or Skippy or Planters or Peter Pan.... I'm really not picky. Add honey or jelly or maple syrup or just eat it from the spoon. It's so good, that I'll even eat celery if it has peanut butter smeared on it!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Its important to get the one with no added sugar or salt...normally found in wholefood shops not just the standard supermarket one.

Are there good brands that can be found in some supermarkets?

Smuckers Natural - it's just peanuts and salt and less than 2% of a couple other things I think. I love it. A lot.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    When i heard it is what they feed to people with eating disorders i.e. anorexics in order to increase weight quickly, that was enough to put me off the stuff!!!

Hi - Yes, I am currently going through treatment, and Kraft Peanut Butter is eaten everyday - Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter - the one with sugar, salt and hydrogenated oils :(
    It sure does help put the weight on! However, we eat ALOT of it...with butter too!
    However, I think any nut butters are healthy (peanut butter too) if it is not compromised with sugar, salt, hydrogenated oils, etc.,
    Organic too.
    Moderation/balance is key with any food item, as I'm sure you all know.
  • d4v1dZ
    d4v1dZ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Buy the 100% natural peanut butter. Mix it thoroughly upon opening.
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    We have planters, i will have to check and see if it has added suger. How do i tell?

Check/Read your label carefully where it posts the serving and ingrediants. Mine says peanuts ONLY. No salt or sugar. I like the CRUNCHY from Trader Joes. It says Unsalted on the front label. I love it and have to limit myself to 2 tablespoons daily.:grumble: :noway: