This site sucks!

Options

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea to check out the vibe of a place before blasting someone. Or maybe just focus on your own thing without blasting anyone?

just a thought...

There had only been like 2 comments before me when I posted... and they did not appear to be supporting it either.

Trust me... I will think twice about posting again

good.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    What? This site is to lose weight? :huh:
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    To the lady who wasn't impressed with this thread no animosity, it's cool. My humor is certainly not for everyone and I respect that. It was posted in chitchat fun and games. I do not look anything like channing tatum but use that pic as a gift to my fitness friends (that used to have to endure my real photo ) who have supported me in my personal fitness goals. He is waaaaaaaaayyyyy hotter than me for sure. I'm secure enough in manhood to say that. ( I do have about 10 personal photos of me in MFP album shared with friends) Channings pic is motivational not just eyecandy, as it is the level of fitness I'm working hard to achieve.

Based on everyone who blasted me for being offended... I get that people who actually know you realized the point/humor you were trying to make. But, as an outsider just reading the original post... personally it was offensive. Then getting blasted by everyone saying I had a stick up my butt, felt even worse. Sorry, I guess. I don't have a stick up my butt! I just felt like the original post, being on a public forum of a website that is supposed to be about motivation....it came off to me (someone who does not know you) as telling people not to work hard at bettering themselves.

I stand corrected :ohwell:

I kinda felt that may be the case reading your comment that it was read with a different context that I was portraying. Had it been meant in the light you initially surmised, your comments were justified as this is a fitness forum and no room for making fun of people. I really had no animosity as felt solace in that just misenterpretation. For you to come back into the forums and read again with an open mind was great. The fact that you stood up and said " hey, I take ownership of a mistake, my bad... its all good" really impresses me about your character, so kudos to you.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    OP, I am hearbroken, I thought I finally had a chance at a hot guy.... Sigh, to find out the picture was not you... I am devastated, just devastated.... {tosses back of hand to forehead and flings self on fainting couch in true southern style}
    Thanks for brightening my day with this post, it was great :laugh:
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have had guy friends on here who met someone who were chubby and then dated them and then as soon as their weight came off they started getting hit on alot so they left my friends so they could explore and date around cause they were not used to extra attention they are getting. I have mixed feelings about that. It sucked for my friends though.

Currently a little chubby and striving to be someone's trophy girlfiend one day. But I would never do this to someone I really cared for!

They kinda screwed my friends over. I know its nice to get attention but its still not nice move on the women's part.
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have had guy friends on here who met someone who were chubby and then dated them and then as soon as their weight came off they started getting hit on alot so they left my friends so they could explore and date around cause they were not used to extra attention they are getting. I have mixed feelings about that. It sucked for my friends though.

Currently a little chubby and striving to be someone's trophy girlfiend one day. But I would never do this to someone I really cared for!

They kinda screwed my friends over. I know its nice to get attention but its still not nice move on the women's part.

I definitely understand what you're saying. Not that it makes your friends feel any better, but lots of guys will do the same thing. They get in shape and decide they need to see what else is out there. Kinda sad that people can suck...but I like to believe that those people are the minority. :-)
  • Vain_Witch
    Options
    To the lady who wasn't impressed with this thread no animosity, it's cool. My humor is certainly not for everyone and I respect that. It was posted in chitchat fun and games. I do not look anything like channing tatum but use that pic as a gift to my fitness friends (that used to have to endure my real photo ) who have supported me in my personal fitness goals. He is waaaaaaaaayyyyy hotter than me for sure. I'm secure enough in manhood to say that. ( I do have about 10 personal photos of me in MFP album shared with friends) Channings pic is motivational not just eyecandy, as it is the level of fitness I'm working hard to achieve.

Based on everyone who blasted me for being offended... I get that people who actually know you realized the point/humor you were trying to make. But, as an outsider just reading the original post... personally it was offensive. Then getting blasted by everyone saying I had a stick up my butt, felt even worse. Sorry, I guess. I don't have a stick up my butt! I just felt like the original post, being on a public forum of a website that is supposed to be about motivation....it came off to me (someone who does not know you) as telling people not to work hard at bettering themselves.

I'm REALLY sorry I hurt your feelings with the stick comment...I've just seen way too many people on here go into a forum and blast someone who's just trying to have a little fun. For some reason I'm more defensive when that happens to my friends than when it happens to me! lol But, seriously, I really do apologize for upsetting you since you obviously are not one of those people.

Peace? :flowerforyou:
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I definitely understand what you're saying. Not that it makes your friends feel any better, but lots of guys will do the same thing. They get in shape and decide they need to see what else is out there. Kinda sad that people can suck...but I like to believe that those people are the minority. :-)

And not worth it! Either way - They probably didn't deserve that person in the first place! (the dumper, not the dumpee...lol!)
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    hahahaNO.gif

LOL
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

I'm REALLY sorry I hurt your feelings with the stick comment...I've just seen way too many people on here go into a forum and blast someone who's just trying to have a little fun. For some reason I'm more defensive when that happens to my friends than when it happens to me! lol But, seriously, I really do apologize for upsetting you since you obviously are not one of those people.

Peace? :flowerforyou:

Thank You! I just didn't get the humor the first time around... there had only been 2 comments (not really supportive either) and I did not see which section of the forum it was posted in... it had popped up in my news feed on my home page. I honestly thought I was defending us women, lol. All in all... I really feel kinda stupid now. But no harm done... I get it now. :blushing:
  • runwmeNC
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It is like a 60's love fest in here now and I still don't have my chubby girl to chase :noway: :love: :blushing:

Guess I better jump back on that treadmill! Que; EYE OF TIGER MUSIC while I get in shape.
  • Vain_Witch
    Options
    I can definitely see not getting the humor if you didn't see it was in the Chit-Chat section! :-D
  • Vain_Witch
    Options

It is like a 60's love fest in here now and I still don't have my chubby girl to chase :noway: :love: :blushing:

Guess I better jump back on that treadmill! Que; EYE OF TIGER MUSIC while I get in shape.

Why get in shape? We don't run very fast while we're still chubby... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Yeah, this was actually posted on the "Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games" board, not the "Motivation and Support" board.

Check out this link and read down the list. You will see there are different boards for different types of topics. :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options

Oh Channing :love::love:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options

Oh Channing :love::love:
    Wait!? The pic is a fake?!! :sad:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options

Sigh.... he still doesn't see me... must eat more cake...
  • runwmeNC
    Options

If you will add to your daily food diary "dozen dunkin doughnuts at midnight before bed" It will help things along sure, but still your photo of you, new baby and I assume the babies daddy does put a damper on things....

To prove I know all about women.... here is just one example..

Women don't want to hear what I think. Women want to hear what they think - just in a deeper voice

see, with that revelation alone, wouldn't I be good boyfriend material? Some guys never connect this dot :P
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options

If you will add to your daily food diary "dozen dunkin doughnuts at midnight before bed" It will help things along sure, but still your photo of you, new baby and I assume the babies daddy does put a damper on things....

To prove I know all about women.... here is just one example..

Women don't want to hear what I think. Women want to hear what they think - just in a deeper voice

see, with that revelation alone, wouldn't I be good boyfriend material? Some guys never connect this dot :P
    Actually, that's my sister and brother in law with their new baby
  • runwmeNC
    Options
    Here is a photo of me .....its recent-ish

155375_170920666270840_7627995_n_zps09799ec2.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was in black&white by choice, and not just because color photos hadn't been invented yet LOL

edit: ok just found where the photo came from and It could indeed be because color photos weren't yet invented. I I was 15 yrs old sophomore in highschool. Considering it was 1984, I'm surprised my collar wasn't popped in that photo. But seriously by dating site standards, that not really considered too old now is it? LOL