Replies

• Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of ice cream is like one bite for me
  • jack3Dav3
    jack3Dav3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of peanut butter. Significantly less than you think if you're using actual tablespoons too (try weighing it!!). GTFO... gimme the jar and a spoon.
  • socalsweetheart87
    socalsweetheart87 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    a can of beans... 1 and 4/5ths of a cup is in a can of beans... could you please put the 1/5th in the empty part of the can so it can be even when i add to salads???
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Looking at a box of cookies last night, one servicing size was 7 1/2 cookies...little, itty, bitty cookies (think animal cracker size). Who would just eat 1/2 a cookie.

Cereal is the one I can't do. I was one of those growing up that would use an old butter tub for a cereal bowl. 1 little cup as a serving size...can't do it.

YUP Cereal is a *kitten*! One cup! ONE! One freakin cup is supposed to do the trick?! NO! I REFUSE! Must..have..two..or..more..

The one I have on hand right now is 2/3 of a cup per serving for 210 calories. Yikes! I use 1/3 cup as a topping for yogurt; that's really all I can do with it.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    A Tombstone pizza serving size is 1/5 of a pizza. How do you cut a circle into 5 equal pieces???
  • TimSPC
    TimSPC Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of peanut butter. Significantly less than you think if you're using actual tablespoons too (try weighing it!!). GTFO... gimme the jar and a spoon.

And then when you're trying to measure it out, half of it gets stuck to the spoon and you need to use another spoon to wipe it off. It's a 5 minute process.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I gotta agree on the cereal serving sizes - they are a joke. The ones I've seen often say LESS than a cup (I've seen many "3/4 cup serving". The only brand that gives a decent serving size is probably Kashi GoLean. I'd rather eat 200 calories and be full than eat 80 and be hungry in 30 minutes!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Things I don't eat anymore, but they still irritate me.

Nature Valley Granola bars. Two per package... ONE per serving..... W.T.F?
    Totino's Party pizzas. They are TINY and a serving is HALF the pizza. I can nibble away that much just carrying it from the toaster oven to the table!
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Chips! When you open a bag of chips and the suggested serving is only 10-15 chips, yeehhh ottaay :noway:
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    rice: 1/2 cup cooked (some sources even say 1/3 cup)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. What sane person eats pop tarts?

Fixed that typo for you. :tongue:

*gasp* You shut your mouth with that blasphemous talk!
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    They just do that so that it appears that their product doesn't have a ridculous amount of calories. They know you'll probably eat / drink the whole thing if you see 100 calories, but that you may pass up even buying it if they put 250 calories on the package, so they call it "2.5 servings". It's just a marketing ploy to get you to buy their stuff. Totally misleading. It's really annoying when it's something in an itty-bitty "snack-sized" package and it shows more than one serving. Total crap.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Girl Scout Cookies. They should provide nutrition info for the sleeve, since that's what my fellow fatties and I want to eat anyway
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    These are cracking me up cause I've totally thought most of these! Wish they would just make it easy on us!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Package of sausage links that come 4 to a package, lists nutrition info per 2oz serving instead of per link. total package is 14oz. You have to solve a word problem to eat sausage.

Frozen enchilada entree containing 2 enchiladas. Serving size is one enchilada. One sad, lonely enchilada. Everyone knows enchiladas are served in pairs.
  • Faulkners407
    Faulkners407 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and rice. Oh and noodles. It's the whole dry vs. cooked debacle. By the time I think I've figured out how much I can eat, I give up and throw the box back in the pantry. Not worth it.

THIS!! and beans...
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Packages that tell you the nutrition facts per 100g but not how much is in the package are the worst!
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Club Crackers!! One serving is 4 crackers!! Who really only eats 4 crackers with their bowl of soup/chili/tuna etc...smh
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the microwavable containers of soup that supposedly contain two servings. They just baffle me. If the container is supposed to be the bowl you eat from, who is splitting that with someone else?
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Girl Scout Cookies. They should provide nutrition info for the sleeve, since that's what my fellow fatties and I want to eat anyway

THIS:blushing: