Spouce asking you to buy junk food

Options
Just wondering if there is anyone out there that as they head out to the gym for a good work out their spouse or Significant Other asks them to stop and buy Oreo's or ice cream or some equally unhealthy thing your trying NOT to eat....
Do you do it and just try to stay storng or do you tell them to get it themself????

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    As long as it's for them, I get it. 1) I'm watching what I eat, not him and 2) it saves me the aggravation of having to go get it later.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I always buy the junk, I am the one that goes to the store. After a few months of not eating the stuff, it gets easier and easier not to eat it. Plus doesnt stay around very long here, my bf will eat a whole thing of cookies in 2 days!
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I do all the grocery shopping for the house. I've always bought things for him that I don't eat (for example, he has a major coffee addiction and goes through tons of coffee and creamer, while I try to avoid caffeine). I've got no problem buying stuff for him that I don't eat.

That said, I don't have any foods that are off limits just because they aren't the healthiest choices. If it will fit into my day to have a treat, I weigh out a portion and enjoy it.
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have been getting better and better about not eating them. My son and hubby certainly don't suffer from there being a lack of sweets!!! LOL
    And when i do give in and splurge... i just make it up exercise. THx MFP'ers!!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Not in a relationship, but if I was, hell yes I would. Why should your SO be deprived of food they love because YOU decided to make changes?

Plus, you're a woman. You're supposed to make your man happy.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I allow him as long as he eats all of his supper and cleans his room.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Not in a relationship, but if I was, hell yes I would. Why should your SO be deprived of food they love because YOU decided to make changes?

QFT.
  • nicollemeadows
    nicollemeadows Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you are struggling with it then yes... get your own *kitten* out to the store, but as some point you have to be okay with doing it. I would feel proud of my self control!
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hahhahaha THats funny!!! that the rule for my little boy... the big one though NOT so much :)
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    My hubby eats all kinds of junk that I don't even want to touch (crisps, chocolate etc) and I am happy to buy it all for him, as it doesn't bother me that its in the house. BUT today, he went out to buy himself a kentucky fried chicken meal, came back with enough for both of us. It was rude not to partake, eh?:blushing:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'd totally do it--they shouldn't have to suffer just because you're trying to lose weight.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options

iWJplQD4piYqO.gif
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Here's the deal. I don't buy it. If he wants it then he comes to the grocery store with me and gets it himself. When I grocery shop, I have a list and the list is clean foods. Does that mean that I don't have some stuff around, no. Obvious reasons, because he has purchased it. However, this was something that I struggled for years with. He orders out, I'm stuck eating chicken and veggies. That was my mentality.
    Now, I've eaten clean, for a steady 3 months, I mean steady because I used to do it M-F then weekends fall off, and I don't crave it anymore. ;)

I have control now of what I put in my body and I choose to to know where it came from.
  • _TEMPEST_
    Options
    YEP.

2 growing tweenie boys and one grown up boy in the house eat a ton of things that I won't touch.
    I do all the shopping so I do buy them their favorite foods, but I also keep one shelf in the pantry and one shelf in the fridge that are "my" foods. Having my own section of healthy choices makes it easy for me to avoid their junky stuff. I also prepare all the meals and nearly always end up cooking two meals -- one for them and something for myself. It was annoying at first but now it's just second nature.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'd buy it. It's not me who's eating it.

However I am the one who (for the most part) does the grocery shopping and I don't buy junk food. Unless I go shopping when I'm hungry then it's all over.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Certainly don't agree with adini749 - REALLY??

If you are having issue with having those things in the house then I have 2 suggestions - one would be to ask SO to get his junk away from the house (at work, when out with friends, etc) or 2, empty a cupboard and get a lock for it - Put all SO's bad stuff and son's stuff in there and give them the key - outta site etc.
    If you are not having trouble with it, then if it is your turn to go to the store get it, if not - tell him to go and you'll get itnext time.

My SO is aware that I am trying really hard and generally the junk doesn't affect me, but when I am in bad space it all disappears (my SO gets it gone - either hiddenor tossed, I don't know, but it isn't in my line of sight) and I get the support I need as I am going through my journey.

Good Luck
  • pebbs80
    pebbs80 Posts: 102
    Options
    Just break up
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Just break up

You can't..just..

tumblr_ljdhwiIHRH1qbc5le.gif
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm having a really bad craving or something, I'd buy it.

They're not the ones trying not to eat it, I don't mind. Thankfully, most of my cravings come from opened foods, so them eating it right next to me would bother me more!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

QFT.

This.